What's new

Pakistan buys 40 T-129 ATAK helicopters worth 2 billion $ along with 1 million assault rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z-10 will grow just like F-16 and our JF17 thunder programs live side by side

50ed85210475faf97bf8245fc746a69e.jpg

Core : T-129 (40) / Z-10 (3)
Transport Gunship : Mi-35 (???)

Special Ops: Super Cobra(???) likely will help replace old cobra

Secondary : Cobra (Fleet might get retired or for light patrol duties )

Other Rescue and Transport roles this lovely machine will join hopefully in decent numbers
Pakistan_selects_Leonardo_s_AW139_helicopter_for_transport_and_EMS_missions_640_001.jpg

Z-10 is going no where
Z-10_WZ-10_attack_helicopter_China_Chinese_air_force_aviation_defence_industry_CAIC_008.jpg

Last edited:
Can you do search,rescue and attack from fighter jets??

Search and rescue from attack helos:o:? That's an odd capability to imply, @thrilainmanila is talking about the utility of the T-129 versus attack aircraft, which is a valid question, but I think is ultimately flawed and lacking depth. Asking if jets can do SAR when the helicopter in question can't (well can, but very limitedly. See below) is a misrepresentation of how these birds will be used operationally.

I did search and rescue during my time in the RNoAF. We used utility helicopters, not attack birds.

KV%20Senja%20-%20H%C3%A5kon%20Kj%C3%B8llmoen%205.t57ee0a8f.m1600.x838f32fb.jpg

_MG25877.t558cde7c.m1600.x7f920bab.jpg

20160608tk_R1849.t5758f3e2.m1600.xa10f14be.jpg

_MG_2626.t55790c76.m1600.xb9b23561.jpg

The AW101, NH90 and Sea King can all be armed for maritime patrol, but they are not purpose built attack helicopters like the T-129 or AH-1Z... were would you put a litter in an attack helo:what:?

They don't have an internal hold that could safely carry injured persons like utility helos do.

20160503OST_3216.t57419173.m1600.xfa460f63.jpg

It's possible to use an attack bird for SAR using an EXINT pod, but operationally no one does this. It's a waste of an attack helicopter when dedicated SAR and utility variants exist.

Oh, and you can do SAR from jet aircraft, it's just not a capability many (if any) use. Again, it requires the use of an EXINT pod.

9d1d4986.png

See it's actually a real capability for attack helicopters and jet aircraft, but how many times have you seen on operating with such? Never right? Because when viable alternatives exist like the H-60 or AW101, why bother with this config?

exint-pod-apache.jpg

The T-129 is a can opener that will never do SAR. While I don't agree with @thrilainmanila and recognize the difference in usage between a fighter aircraft and an attack helicopter, he's at least on the right track of thinking.

Leave SAR to the utility birds like UH-1, Sea King, A139 or NH90 and let the T-129 do what it does best.

IMG_6125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What gona happen to Z10?? More over any sanctions on Turkey can put a negative impact on the deal 8-)

Sir, Z-10's will be coming, in fewer numbers initially. Hopefully they can be produced in Pakistan and they should've made a similar arrangement on T-129 also. Some soft of a Tech Transfer is a must in today's world IMO. Thanks

As far as Mr. Trump is concerned, everything is negotiable; hence, up for grabs. Therefore, I suggest a Herem for him...
he will love you for that
he has already expressed his habits in the locker room talk

Sir, Z-10's will be coming, in fewer numbers initially. Hopefully they can be produced in Pakistan and they should've made a similar arrangement on T-129 also. Some soft of a Tech Transfer is a must in today's world IMO. Thanks
ToT is not a childs play its expensive and needs a lot of resources. you cant just expect tot of everything you like . its impossible. even if a country gives it to you for free you need place and people to run the operation. of course if turkey gives it to you for free and also provides you will experts and trains your people and pays for their salaries and builds the facilities for you all for free as well then yea go for ToT

@Zarvan brother are you happy at the choice of assault rifle? How good this is compared to other options PA tested in recent months?

ToT is not a childs play its expensive and needs a lot of resources. you cant just expect tot of everything you like . its impossible. even if a country gives it to you for free you need place and people to run the operation. of course if turkey gives it to you for free and also provides you will experts and trains your people and pays for their salaries and builds the facilities for you all for free as well then yea go for ToT

Sir, I agree with everything you wrote. My point was, that Pakistan, as a growing country, should push its vendor nations to provide some TOT. I have seen some Boeing parts made in Pakistan. Whether smaller or in a bigger capacity, Pakistan should attempt to make say 25% of these choppers internally or some components, etc. That way, you'll setup the basis of a future industry and will reap the benefits 10-15 years from now. Imagine if you had produced spares for the F-16's. How would the 90's have looked for the PAF? Much different than the reality. Thanks

O Geo jatta dil khush karditta no0w that's something solid

What the hell is the point in spending 2 billion on attack choppers they might as well have brought some frontline fighter jets.
It means they have got bucks for that too. And, who knows it might be again TFX. And, off course to keep everybody on board, J-31 too. And, accountants will be scratching their heads to come up with the right books....

When Turks were purchasing 50 Mushaq planes I know it right away T 129 is coming .Its a great News long needed .Plus it passed all the tests and parameters set by PA .Great News very happy .

No deal has been signed for 40 T-129 helicopters nor and MPT-76 is not even in the competition. But I am hoping we buy T-129 and buy it with TOT. But MPT-76 has no chance coming to Pakistan.

@Zarvan brother are you happy at the choice of assault rifle? How good this is compared to other options PA tested in recent months?
MPT-76 is not coming and we have also not signed any deal for T-129 yet. MPT-76 is not even in the competition of rifles. The 4 rifles remaining in the competition are SCAR and Beretta and HK and Bren. MPT-76 is not being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom