What's new

Pakistan buys 40 T-129 ATAK helicopters worth 2 billion $ along with 1 million assault rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPT-76 is not coming and we have also not signed any deal for T-129 yet. MPT-76 is not even in the competition of rifles. The 4 rifles remaining in the competition are SCAR and Beretta and HK and Bren. MPT-76 is not being considered.

But how good it is compared to others being tested now?

But how good it is compared to others being tested now?
It wasn't that good that is why it's not in the competition anymore. The rifles remaining the competition are without doubt the best rifles in the world. The HK and Beretta and SCAR and Bren not only expensive Guns but also the best. I think there are lot of chances of T-129 coming to Pakistan and I hope it comes with TOT. But MPT-76 don't have a chance.

I still have hard time believing in this news. Z10 has far better chances to join PA than T 129. Personally I would want T129 to be part of PA.

In coming years Pakistan and Turkey will come even closer in defence sector, whether T-129 materialises or not. China is not running anywhere with Z-10.

he will love you for that
he has already expressed his habits in the locker room talk

ToT is not a childs play its expensive and needs a lot of resources. you cant just expect tot of everything you like . its impossible. even if a country gives it to you for free you need place and people to run the operation. of course if turkey gives it to you for free and also provides you will experts and trains your people and pays for their salaries and builds the facilities for you all for free as well then yea go for ToT
Sir,
What you are saying regarding TOT is true. Still all these expenses can be recovered on the long term as well as procuring export orders. May be the Turks allow Pakistan to market and export these ATAK's as they allowed the Fleet tankers.

This would only be seen when the details of the agreement are made public or Pakistan started to market these aggressively.

It wasn't that good that is why it's not in the competition anymore. The rifles remaining the competition are without doubt the best rifles in the world. The HK and Beretta and SCAR and Bren not only expensive Guns but also the best. I think there are lot of chances of T-129 coming to Pakistan and I hope it comes with TOT. But MPT-76 don't have a chance.

Brother looks like they already ordered MPT-76. I hope Pakistan goes for better option but then we have to take in to account cost as well and other factors. Maybe the difference between MPT-76 and others isn't as much to pay extra.

No deal has been signed for 40 T-129 helicopters nor and MPT-76 is not even in the competition. But I am hoping we buy T-129 and buy it with TOT. But MPT-76 has no chance coming to Pakistan.

MPT-76 is not coming and we have also not signed any deal for T-129 yet. MPT-76 is not even in the competition of rifles. The 4 rifles remaining in the competition are SCAR and Beretta and HK and Bren. MPT-76 is not being considered.
Zarvan have u heard word Political Deal it's pretty much on that scale .

Brother looks like they already ordered MPT-76. I hope Pakistan goes for better option but then we have to take in to account cost as well and other factors. Maybe the difference between MPT-76 and others isn't as much to pay extra.
It's all like a package with Deal of super Mushaq

Let Malik Riaz sign an agreement with Donald Trump to build a trump tower in Pakistan and you got things on the track :p:

Well some thing has happened in USA already. Pakistan wanted Mrs. Clinton but Mr. Trump became President. How would he proceed with Pakistan we will see in the near future.

After 10 years

Because of sanctions.. they paid us back in soy beans ..:lol:

the great isolation continues Mr Modi.

No deal has been signed with Turkey for MPT-76 and also of T-129 Attack Helicopters. Yesterday to MOU were signed with Turkey one was for upgradation of our Augusta Submarines and one was for we providing Turkey with 52 Mushak Trainer Jets. No other deal has been signed so stop following wrong reports from media. @mingle

Turkey has already offered the T-129 Attack Helicopters with very generous terms to Pakistan a while ago, it is up to the latter to take the decision, and since there is no smoke without fire, these rumors might be very true, also according to Pakistan requirements of combat helicopters and the US hardened stance.. these rumors have many facs to back them up..

I oppose this purchase if we don't subsidize this deal. This is too much for Pakistan to pay. We are talking about billions. If we don't lower the price we should grant them at least very good ToT conditions. Did they mention a loan or something like that for Pakistan? This would be very helpful.

If the deal of T-129 helicopters is finalized, what is the possible date of arrival of the helicopter to join Pakistan colors?

I oppose this purchase if we don't subsidize this deal. This is too much for Pakistan to pay. We are talking about billions. If we don't lower the price we should grant them at least very good ToT conditions. Did they mention a loan or something like that for Pakistan? This would be very helpful.
If this is true (big "if" at the moment), I think TAI and SSM's approach would be to invest a portion of the deal back into Pakistan in the form of offsets and technology transfer.

It wouldn't be a direct subsidy. Rather, Pakistan could possibly assemble the helicopters, maintain full MRO facilities, and manufacture certain components. Those components could be looped into the T-129's overall supply chain and supply both Turkish and Pakistani fleets.

In short, Pakistan would pay $2bn for helicopters, but Turkey would re-invest $750m into Pakistan via different programs related to the T-129.

If this is true (big "if" at the moment), I think TAI and SSM's approach would be to invest a portion of the deal back into Pakistan in the form of offsets and technology transfer.

It wouldn't be a direct subsidy. Rather, Pakistan could possibly assemble the helicopters, maintain full MRO facilities, and manufacture certain components. Those components could be looped into the T-129's overall supply chain and supply both Turkish and Pakistani fleets.

In short, Pakistan would pay $2bn for helicopters, but Turkey would re-invest $750m into Pakistan via different programs related to the T-129.

The engines are the important bit. Pakistan was looking to acquire engine overhaul facilities for the Mi-17 turboshaft which interestingly also equips the Mi-35s.

Sir no deal has been signed yet for T-129 attack helicopters or MPT-76. Only deals signed are for Augusta up gradation and Pakistan supplying Turkey with 52 Mushak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom