What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the Jordanians have much on the Ayatollahs..nor are the Ayatollahs going to do anything that warrants the RJAF F-16s going into play.. Their focus is on Syria. Any situation in Syria has the potential to spill over in Jordan(which it does)..so if Syria can be kept hot using the usual Bollah against the Qaeda.. it should be all good.
Still they are short of good planes why would they sell these to us I can't understand this point

Still they are short of good planes why would they sell these to us I can't understand this point

Lets say.. for e.g. you have fifty computers.. out of which you really need 40. Ten are core duos(which can be upgraded but you dont have the money).. and 40 are Core I-5s. Would it not be better financially for you to sell off the ten core duos to someone who is prepared to spend money in upgrading them to Core-I-5s rather than you holding on to something you dont need?

Lets say.. for e.g. you have fifty computers.. out of which you really need 40. Ten are core duos(which can be upgraded but you dont have the money).. and 40 are Core I-5s. Would it not be better financially for you to sell off the ten core duos to someone who is prepared to spend money in upgrading them to Core-I-5s rather than you holding on to something you dont need?
Sir that's my point they hardly have those 40 which they need and even out of those 40 which they should have are selling to us

Sir that's my point they hardly have those 40 which they need and even out of those 40 which they should have are selling to us

Why would they sell you their top of the line equipment to you and keep the less modified ones?
They do have their 40, which are already upgraded to the latest standards.. these they intend to keep and use till they get a better platform. The others which were upgraded back in 2003.. are being given to you as they may not want them or do not wish to put funds in upgrading them. You are ready to spend the funds on upgrading them and only want the airframes as they have a good amount of useful life left on them.

Why would they sell you their top of the line equipment to you and keep the less modified ones?
They do have their 40, which are already upgraded to the latest standards.. these they intend to keep and use till they get a better platform. The others which were upgraded back in 2003.. are being given to you as they may not want them or do not wish to put funds in upgrading them. You are ready to spend the funds on upgrading them and only want the airframes as they have a good amount of useful life left on them.
Well I don't agree on that they have those 40 but still its good for us we are getting them and by the way we would first get these 13 upgraded and if yes to which standard or will use them for few months first than get them upgraded

the on
Sir that's my point they hardly have those 40 which they need and even out of those 40 which they should have are selling to us[/q]
the only opposition to jordan is Israel, with friendly relationship with them for atleast past two decades plus the factthat few F-16 wount matter anyway. it wouldnt be a bad decision for them to sell it.
plus its possible they might receive more from USA via EDA and the reason why they are selling is an understanding between pakistan-jordon-USA
obviously we cant get much things via EDA without creating an upcry in india. i guess even getting pistols will make an upcry in india..we are talking of f-16s here

the only opposition to jordan is Israel, with friendly relationship with them for atleast past two decades plus the factthat few F-16 wount matter anyway. it wouldnt be a bad decision for them to sell it.
plus its possible they might receive more from USA via EDA and the reason why they are selling is an understanding between pakistan-jordon-USA
obviously we cant get much things via EDA without creating an upcry in india. i guess even getting pistols will make an upcry in india..we are talking of f-16s here
PS my browser is behaving strange :)

@Yzd Khalifa: Congrats to you all guys Still more stuff ahead to come....

Don't know but I do remember Air Chief of Pakistan had special meeting twice in less than 8 months with finance minister on emergency basis so I expect the meeting was not just for money for 13 aircrafts...I am still keeping an eye on the rest of Turkish 20-23 F-16s rest are going under upgrades apart from 30 ordered.

Last edited:
Nishan 101.
I will now start negatively rating any post I find that has acquisitions of equipment in unrealistic numbers. I would also request you to kindly stop this nonsense. It is totally unrealistic. So please beware.

Please feel free to do to so. I dont want to take drastic measures and ban him from the forum because he loves this forum. But i have told him countless times to not bring his wish list and unrealistic procurements, etc. @Nishan_101

Please feel free to do to so. I dont want to take drastic measures and ban him from the forum because he loves this forum. But i have told him countless times to not bring his wish list and unrealistic procurements, etc. @Nishan_101

I actually thinks he's Zarvan's alter ego, a non terroristic persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom