What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan is a very close ally of Pakistan, as close as Saudi, perhaps even more so. We have decades of close military cooperation. By the way I have met much of the Jordanian airforce, when they were here in the UK for RIAT 2011. They were the nicest guys ever! Funny and so welcoming. I couldn't stop laughing at them trying to sell "ancient Jordanian vases from Petra" to women, whilst at the same time talking about their C130's (to their husbands/boyfriends) they had flown over. I got served some lovely tea as well!

I actually thinks he's Zarvan's alter ego, a non terroristic persona.

You think Zarvan is terroristic persona, you can't accuse someone like that mate. Anyway back to topic.

Reactions: HRK
Is 5000 hours not enough how many hours do you think an F-16 would be flying per year any clue? Lets put a single aircraft flying 250 hours per year X 20 Years = 5000 hours...These F-16 would be sufficient for PAF uptill 2030.

So PAF fly less as compare to other countries?.... that's interesting because it should be more as we have operations(COIN) and exercises besides regular flying.

So PAF fly less as compare to other countries?.... that's interesting because it should be more as we have operations(COIN) and exercises besides regular flying.

That was an example. Besides you are not sending entire squadrons to take part. In any case these 13 F-16s are good for the next 15 years sufficient before Next Gen is selected.

Depends. for e.g. in 2010 PAF pilots in the F-16 squadrons averaged 250 flight hours.. in some cases it was upto 300.. That was due to both high mark exercises and operational sorties as well. To the extent that it took a wear on pilots. The year before that the average was 180... With the introduction of networked simulators.. this number may go down as the PAF would try to balance flight hours and simulator hours.

Why would they sell you their top of the line equipment to you and keep the less modified ones?
They do have their 40, which are already upgraded to the latest standards.. these they intend to keep and use till they get a better platform. The others which were upgraded back in 2003.. are being given to you as they may not want them or do not wish to put funds in upgrading them. You are ready to spend the funds on upgrading them and only want the airframes as they have a good amount of useful life left on them.
At the end of the day, Jordan has and will remain big brothers sales office, so pakistan pulled off a good slow cooker recipe involving perhaps Ksa, jordan and amreeka....

At the end of the day, Jordan has and will remain big brothers sales office, so pakistan pulled off a good slow cooker recipe involving perhaps Ksa, jordan and amreeka....

Being Major Non-Nato Ally has it's perks.

Those F16 are a good peice of business and a serious MLU from block a/b TO block c/d will make them very potent planes.

The Jordanians got these planes in 1990S AROUND 1993-1994 so even i would suggest 20 years of flying at 150 hours is 3000 hours used for the aiframe.

Assuming a max life 6000 hours per F16 over their lives (half used now) this gives paf between 10 & 15 years max of useful life after upgrade..

Jordan is a very close ally of Pakistan, as close as Saudi, perhaps even more so. We have decades of close military cooperation. By the way I have met much of the Jordanian airforce, when they were here in the UK for RIAT 2011. They were the nicest guys ever! Funny and so welcoming. I couldn't stop laughing at them trying to sell "ancient Jordanian vases from Petra" to women, whilst at the same time talking about their C130's (to their husbands/boyfriends) they had flown over. I got served some lovely tea as well!

Pakistan and Jordan have been close allies since the 1960's.

We helped train and rebuild the Jordanian Army after their defeat in 6 Day War and we helped defeat the PLO in Black September in 1970.

Reactions: waz
Pakistan and Jordan have been close allies since the 1960's.

We helped train and rebuild the Jordanian Army after their defeat in 6 Day War and we helped defeat the PLO in Black September in 1970.

We"? coming from Canadian Merceneray .. hallelujah..Lord be praised.

Hi,

Members need to realize that this is a massive news------you just increased your fire power / strike capability by 25 - 30 % at least---in just one go---. That has suddenly tilted the balance of power a little bit.

And this news comes now when iaf says that it will have issues if facing war on two fronts. Well they got bigger problems to face now---if paf goes ahead and finds itself another 40---50 more upgraded F16's---the playing field has totally changed.

And what it comes down to is----a fully integrated aircraft and weapons systems that your pilots are familiar with----you cannot put a price on that.

There is nothing like time saved in preparing for war----. If paf can get atleast 50 more of these aircraft----it would mean that they have turned the clock back by at least 5 to 8 years in their favour and put iaf in a quandry.
A sensible and welcome purchase for Pakistan no doubt. But making out this changes the balance of power in the region is nonsensical 13 second hand F-16s don't affect the bigger at all, just gives the PAF a slightly better overall force.

What! Are you accusing the turks to plant bugs in their own planes to malign good old USA. VCHENG I expected better from you. Or are you suggesting that some other govt will plant bugs in a crashed plane which fhe turks themselves have salvaged from a crash site.
In any case homing devices and probably IFF not recognizing US planes is about the extent of the kill switch that LM would plant.
You don't know vcheng, he disappointing us very frequently.

We"? coming from Canadian Merceneray .. hallelujah..Lord be praised.

I think you are reading too much into my Screen Name.

Just like I know you are not a fighter and I doubt you have been to the Desert :D

Depends. for e.g. in 2010 PAF pilots in the F-16 squadrons averaged 250 flight hours.. in some cases it was upto 300.. That was due to both high mark exercises and operational sorties as well. To the extent that it took a wear on pilots. The year before that the average was 180... With the introduction of networked simulators.. this number may go down as the PAF would try to balance flight hours and simulator hours.

Sir how much does the rest of our pilots (Mirage, F-7, JF-17) make in terms of AFH? and where would these F-16 be based? Shahbaz or Mushaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom