What's new

Pakistan Buying Jets from China (Old story or New Development)

Status
Not open for further replies.

specters revenge

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AoA. I came across this page and it was mentioned there that "Pakistan is going to buy advanced aircrafts from china sources confirmed". See the picture attached
upload_2018-6-2_10-23-35.png

Although the usage of the word most advance fighter jets creates some doubt that it is a fanboy dream but it can also be attributed towards dumbing down the content to get more readers.

Is it new news or is it the old news repainted and presented as new?

Yours comments on this.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-2_10-23-9.png
    upload_2018-6-2_10-23-9.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 3,359
AoA. I came across this page and it was mentioned there that "Pakistan is going to buy advanced aircrafts from china sources confirmed". See the picture attached
View attachment 478038

Although the usage of the word most advance fighter jets creates some doubt that it is a fanboy dream but it can also be attributed towards dumbing down the content to get more readers.

Yours comments on this.
J 16??

View attachment 478038

Yours comments on this.
option from china on financing is always available, the question is does PAF and GoP wants accumulate so much debt...
for PAF who have focused on indigenous solutions it will depend upon jf-17 status, rafale, mirage5/3 status and project azm..
i think it really comes down to mirage5 replacement for which best option is chinese flanker, unlikley j-10 given jf-17 b3 around the corner

bottom line..i think the news is false

It can be true because of certain aspects.
1) PAF is unwilling to wait for the indigenous production of 5th gen aircraft
2) JF17 may not be carried out to 5th gen in the near future.
3) A stop gap 5th gen is required as we have a very old fleet of aircrafts
4) F-16 deal disruption may have pushed for the Chinese deal.
5) A couple of squadrons of the 5th gen may give PAF some breathing room for its own programs to catch up.
6) It may be time for the American stealth tech "reportedly" of UBL raid transferred to china to start paying its dividends.

option from china on financing is always available, the question is does PAF and GoP wants accumulate so much debt...
for PAF who have focused on indigenous solutions it will depend upon jf-17 status, rafale, mirage5/3 status and project azm..
i think it really comes down to mirage5 replacement for which best option is chinese flanker, unlikley j-10 given jf-17 b3 around the corner

News could be false, but knowing how everything is revealed last minute for Pakistani purchases we can expect surprises. Nevertheless likelihood of being a fanboy wish is on the high side.

We just finalized a deal for 2-4 Type 54A ships for PN. If financing for those was not an issue then 1-2 sqds of advanced jets shouldn't be either as PAF hasn't made any big ticket purchases recently, it wanted more F-16s (new/used) but decided not to proceed with those. The T-129s are from Army quota.

Last edited:
At this moment, Pakistan economy is extremely uncertain. Sharif took too much debt and did not do reforms to improve current account. In fact we are heading toward extreme debt situation and our exports are also falling. There is no question Pakistan economy can take more debt. This will be like committing suicide.

We dont need enemies. Democracy run by thugs and their gangs will sink Pakistan. All going according to a plan.

At this moment, Pakistan economy is extremely uncertain. Sharif took too much debt and did not do reforms to improve current account. In fact we are heading toward extreme debt situation and our exports are also falling. There is no question Pakistan economy can take more debt. This will be like committing suicide.

We dont need enemies. Democracy run by thugs and their gangs will sink Pakistan. All going according to a plan.
CAD crisis is short term problem, if a fianancing deal is done it shouldnt be a big issue
CAD crisis was created by Ishaq dar vision of protecting the rupee(while all other currencies including indian currency devalued at 20%) and weird concept of overly high taxation on exports effectively killing the industry
export should be tax exempt like most of countries do

News could be false, but knowing how everything is revealed last minute for Pakistani purchases we can expect surprises. Nevertheless likelihood of being a fanboy wish is on the high side.

We just finalized a deal for 2-4 Type 54A ships for PN. If financing for those was not an issue then 1-2 sqds of advanced jets shouldn't be either as PAF hasn't made any big ticket purchases recently, it wanted more F-16s (new/used) but decided not to proceed with those. The T-129s are from Army quota.
j-10 is too similar to jf-17 b3 while j11/16 though ideal has some russian issues per some people

View attachment 478038

Yours comments on this.

You cannot just take any page's post as truth.

Mental masturbation among poorly educated and largely useless youth must not be the basis of opening threads
just because it suits one's way of thinking.

While many fanboys/defense enthusiasts and many other Pakistanis alike would love Pak forces getting new goodies but the need of the hour is to REALLY focus on the economy.

In fact even if the new purchases have to be halted for a 5 year period...I would say go for it. At the current pace(of the economy) Pak would not be able to keep up this arms race. Using USSR as an example it should be an eye opener for all Pakistanis. I'm really hoping that the next government(whoever it may be) really cranks up economic reforms and focuses on the big problems like water shortages, need of more dams, etc. The public should keep a firm pressure on the government to deliver on their promises...and I'm also hoping that the crack down against corruption keeps going and cleans out other scumbags like Altaf, Zardari, PML-Q goons, etc.

Nothing on main stream media about this. So, most probably some fanboy stuff.

CAD crisis is short term problem, if a fianancing deal is done it shouldnt be a big issue
CAD crisis was created by Ishaq dar vision of protecting the rupee(while all other currencies including indian currency devalued at 20%) and weird concept of overly high taxation on exports effectively killing the industry
export should be tax exempt like most of countries do

j-10 is too similar to jf-17 b3 while j11/16 though ideal has some russian issues per some people
What do you mean - Taxes on exports? That is ridiculous. It should be the opposite? For example, if I buy a non locally made car and try to import a new one; I will pay 100% levy here. All reconditioned vehicles imports are banned and even if you do import, most parts wont fit.

PAF should look towards options from EU like Grippen, EF-2000, & Rafael.

Although, money is not there but with CPEC condition is improving...

No fanboy stuff deal has been made but not that big thing Janab. And even SU-35 is confirmed by now former defense minster Khurram Dastagir Khan. He confirmed that we are in talks with Russia for SU-35 and T-90 and S-400 so if I know matters before and tell before and you don't know than your problem not mine. This deal has been made and of what thing I won't say

Pakistan in talks to buy Russian air defence systems: Dastgir

MOSCOW: Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan has confirmed that Islamabad is in talks with Moscow on the issue of purchasing air defence systems, adding that Pakistan is interested in such weapons.

He said, “We are very much interested in a very wide range of the Russian weapons technology. We are in negotiations [on air defence systems], and once we conclude negotiations, we will be able to announce about them, Khan said in an interview.

Pakistan and Russia may reach an agreement on Islamabad’s purchasing Russian Su 35 jets in the next few years, the talks on the issue are in their early stages, he said.

Last February, a high ranking military official in Pakistan told Sputnik that Islamabad had no plans to buy the Su 35.

Concerning fighter aircraft Su 35 may be in the next few years that we will be able to reach that point we are in the beginning of negotiations now, the minister said answering a question.

301973_8286033_akhbar.jpg

Su 35 jet

Pakistan is interested in acquiring Russian T 90 tanks as a long term commitment instead of a single purchase, Pakistani Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan told Sputnik in an interview on Thursday.

We are interested in tanks T 90, and it is not going to be a one time purchase, but it is going to be a long term commitment, Khan said.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/301973-pakistan-in-talks-to-buy-russian-air-defence-systems-dastgir
:lol::enjoy: then why we need Chinese Flankers if we will getting Su-35 in the future, if we getting both where are the $$$$$$$$$ for Su-35 and Chinese Flankers, and this news is just a public stunt or getting attention for someone, this news not comes from PAF/ISPR, so i don't beleive it @Zarvan :p: Chinese Jets/Su-35 deal is just a rumors/fanboy stuff and remains a rumors/fanboy stuff unless PAF/ISPR will confirm it @Zarvan ;) :angel::):enjoy:

Don't be silly, it's all part of Allah's (SWT) plan and so is the impending water crisis that will arrive in a few years. Pakistan is to acquire J-20s from China and t-14 tanks from our new buddy russia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom