What's new

Pakistan builds parts for Turkey drones

:blah:

Pakistan TAI’nin geliştirdiği ANKA’nın parçalarını aldı-

Link -

h t t p : / / kokpit.aero/Pakistan-ana-parcalari-aliyor

TAI ANKA has parts of Pakistan developed

This source points out that the parts were "developed" in Pakistan..

Who knows maybe Pakistan is a partner of ANKA program and just waiting for serial production :)

66a02c168fb284af34a4f8d51a8ea.jpg

fft16_mf742618.Jpeg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan, which has for much of the past decade has sought to acquire unmanned aerial vehicles (UCAV), a platform used by the US in Pakistan despite numerous protests by the government, has started export of drone parts.

On Monday, officials at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra handed over the first batch of parts created for the Turkish UAV (ANKA) to the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) in a ceremony held during the International Defence Exhibition and Fair (IDEF) at Istanbul, Turkey.

After the signing ceremony, President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.

Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.

Pakistan has been seeking access to drones and has experimented in indigenously constructing drones.

Pakistan builds parts for Turkey drones – The Express Tribune

Its the right time that PEC should be handed over to PAC as to increase its products and their local usage and export that will help the over all growth as well as R&D.

Well that's a very good news to hear...if Pakistan is that much capable to make parts for drones...but i think pak should built attack drones indigenously...for his own Armed forces n later for sale...!! :pakistan:

Well that's a very good news to hear...if Pakistan is that much capable to make parts for drones...but i think pak should built attack drones indigenously...for his own Armed forces n later for sale...!! :pakistan:

It's already trying with the Burraq UCAV, and Shahpur UCAV-varient. So far, little information has come out to public, leading many including myself, to believe that the project is either dead, or it's hitting major road blocks.

Either way, just producing these parts will help Pakistan gain invaluable experience and knowledge creating large UAVs meant for combat.

It's already trying with the Burraq UCAV, and Shahpur UCAV-varient. So far, little information has come out to public, leading many including myself, to believe that the project is either dead, or it's hitting major road blocks.

Either way, just producing these parts will help Pakistan gain invaluable experience and knowledge creating large UAVs meant for combat.

NOw why the hell hurdles are coming in drone production?? this isnt that much costly project....so why??

NOw why the hell hurdles are coming in drone production?? this isnt that much costly project....so why??

The technology for laser guided bombs and laser designators that need to go on a drone first need to be researched, then built, and finally need to be miniaturized for the drone itself.

It takes a lot of work, which is why only the US, Israel and the UK can claim 100% that they have the technology, because they started before almost everyone else.

The technology for laser guided bombs and laser designators that need to go on a drone first need to be researched, then built, and finally need to be miniaturized for the drone itself.

It takes a lot of work, which is why only the US, Israel and the UK can claim 100% that they have the technology, because they started before almost everyone else.

Yea but there are lots of Drone's which pakistan has bulit indigenously...yea they are small in size and not capable to attack..but they can upgrade it to make is attack drone by using new upgraded engine...while the other body work pak can do now easily coz they have exp of JF-17'z so n also they have avonics...i don't think this should be that much difficult...the much we are thinkin??

Yea but there are lots of Drone's which pakistan has bulit indigenously...yea they are small in size and not capable to attack..but they can upgrade it to make is attack drone by using new upgraded engine...while the other body work pak can do now easily coz they have exp of JF-17'z so n also they have avonics...i don't think this should be that much difficult...the much we are thinkin??

The problem is that engine technology is hard to produce, China has spent tens of billions of dollars trying to produce their own domestic engine, but they keep running into problems.

Producing the drone is the easy part, Pakistan is more than capable of producing large scale drones, the problem is trying to find a produce a reliable engines, or even finding a external source for it. The engines the JF-17s that Pakistan has are currently using Russian RD-93 engines, which Pakistan has had difficulty procuring from Russia directly (though, Pakistan seems as if it might achieve a breakthrough soon with that, but don't get your hopes up). The Chinese would be more than happy to give their engines to Pakistan, but their reliability is questionable at best. Producing a domestic engine would cost hundreds of billions of Rupees that Pakistan doesn't have. Anyways, I could go on, but I think I made my point.

Next comes the attack capability, Pakistan could very well use the drones with precision-guided guild bombs and Pakistan is capable of doing just that, the problem is that Pakistan doesn't have any such use for this type of attack capability from a drone, as it's current manned fleet is more than enough to fulfill that role. Pakistan needs precision strike capability with it's drones, a laser guided bomb and a laser designator will give Pakistan that very capability, but researching and miniaturizing a missile (to fit on a drone) similar to the hellfire-missile is hard to do, and not many countries have the resources or the capabilities to do such a thing. China does, but again, their reliability is questionable at best. China is probably helping NESCOM with developing a domestic hellfire like missile and laser designator, but it is expected to take years and a lot of resources to achieve this.

well if not alone pakistan can do this with the help of turkey n china...well chinese engines are not that bad as u r expainin,,,in J-10 they are all using chinese...WS-10A and they are performing very well...in all aspects there after burner thrust is almost 130KN lil more than f-16 so what u think is that bad?? no country would add jets which will not fullfill their requirements so they acquired j-10 in that much amount coz it's performing very well.... on other side chinese drones are also gud so i think pak have 2 options turkey n china...both are very good arms manufacturer's... so they can buy engines from them or can do under license project,,,which will provide us experties in engines...like we are buying RD-93 from Russia...so wtx bad in it to buyin it from china or tukey?

So if they are developin drones for thier countries so i think they also could make some engines for pak too....other design n avonics n al that pak can do by himself.....n when the thing will come to weapon system so i think like we are buying severl types of missiles from different countries so we can also buy drone weapons from china or turkey or brazil too...until we are not fully capable to make it by ourselves....didn't ya think it's possible??? :coffee:

Next comes the attack capability, Pakistan could very well use the drones with precision-guided guild bombs and Pakistan is capable of doing just that, the problem is that Pakistan doesn't have any such use for this type of attack capability from a drone, as it's current manned fleet is more than enough to fulfill that role. Pakistan needs precision strike capability with it's drones, a laser guided bomb and a laser designator will give Pakistan that very capability, but researching and miniaturizing a missile (to fit on a drone) similar to the hellfire-missile is hard to do, and not many countries have the resources or the capabilities to do such a thing. China does, but again, their reliability is questionable at best. China is probably helping NESCOM with developing a domestic hellfire like missile and laser designator, but it is expected to take years and a lot of resources to achieve this.

You have Turkey in this field. Aselsan revealed mini smart munition in IDEF 2013 EXPO,

20100133.jpg

You have Turkey in this field. Aselsan revealed mini smart munition in IDEF 2013 EXPO,

20100133.jpg

I don't think it's laser guided, but anyways, unless Turkey is willing to hand over the technology, Pakistan won't buy it. Pakistan is interested in self-reliance, which is why it is trying to produce the bomb locally.

@Sinan

I read that with this mini smart munition, we can arm our current Anka s .
Is this true in anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sinan

I read that with this mini smart munition, we can arm our current Anka s .
Is this true in anyway?

That's the whole purpose. But regarding which variant of the ANKA i'm not quite sure. I still don't get if ANKA-S = armed version of the ANKA.

If someone can clarify this for me that would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom