What's new

Pakistan blocks NATO supplies

US says has not heard from Pak on new tarrif for NATO

Jan 19 (PTI) The US today said that it has not heard or received any information from Pakistan on imposing tariff on the NATO supply route for Afghanistan, moving through its territory. "We have not, as of this moment, had any official communication from the government of Pakistan on this subject," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference. She was responding to questions in news reports appearing in the Pakistan media that Pakistan has agreed to open the crucial NATO supply route but are applying tariff on the movement of goods. "We've seen the same media reports that you have seen," she said. "It is, as you know, part of their ongoing parliamentary review. So from where we're standing at the moment, we don't have anything new," Nuland said and refused to comment on the tariff proposal. "I'm certainly not going to get into speculating about what they might do and how we might react. I think we're going to wait and speak to them when they are finished with their review and they're ready to talk to us and make proposals," Nuland said.

US says has not heard from Pak on new tarrif for NATO, IBN Live News

State Department Briefing by Victoria Nuland, January 19, 2012

they have not heard but they know it. Their plan is already prepared before the relations went bitter.

Excerpt from: Obama wants US, Pakistan to work together | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

"After the attack, Pakistan ordered a parliamentary review of its relations with the United States, but Ambassador Rehman has dismissed suggestions that the review would have a negative impact on bilateral relations.

“The review will present an opportunity for both countries to reset ties on more consistent, transparent and predictable lines,”
she said."

==================================================

Once the topi drama of the PNSC review is completed:

"Jithay Dee Khotee, Othay Aan Khalotee!"

(Old native Punjabi saying meaning that a domesticated animal always returns to its home.)

from: Parliament to decide on Nato supplies resumption: PM | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday said that while former ruler Pervez Musharraf gave into US demands on a single telephone call, the decision to resume NATO supplies would be made by the parliament, DawnNews reported.

Speaking to media representatives in Lahore, the prime minister said that as opposed to the appeasing attitude of the Musharraf government, not only had the current democratic government suspended NATO supplies to Afghanistan, it had also boycotted the Bonn conference.

He further said that the parliament would decide the issue of resuming supplies to NATO forces.

The premier said the government was functioning in accordance with the mandate bestowed upon it by the people.

He said that his appearance before the Supreme Court showed that he respected the judiciary and its orders.

The prime minister reiterated the pledge that the Pakistan People’s Party-led coalition government would come up with solutions of issues faced by the public on a day-to-day basis.

long time no see VCheng, and nice eagle BTW!!!

NATO supplies have still not opened now eh?

And still the khotee has not come back!

long time no see VCheng, and nice eagle BTW!!!

NATO supplies have still not opened now eh?

And still the khotee has not come back!

I have always been around. ;)

Well, the PNSC review is still not complete, nor is the parliamentary review.

(Old native Punjabi saying meaning that a domesticated animal always returns to its home.)
You never tire of making us suffer through your dishonest diatribes do you?

The 'NATO investigation' was apparently 'Gods Gift to Mankind', so stubbornly were you calling for 'waiting till the investigation is complete before arriving at any judgement or conclusions'.

Yet when it comes to the PNSC recommendations, which have to be debated and passed by Parliament, its just a 'Topi Drama'.

And then you expect us to buy your disingenuous spiel of 'I am objective and unbiased'.

You never tire of making us suffer through your dishonest diatribes do you?

The 'NATO investigation' was apparently 'Gods Gift to Mankind', so stubbornly were you calling for 'waiting till the investigation is complete before arriving at any judgement or conclusions'.

Yet when it comes to the PNSC recommendations, which have to be debated and passed by Parliament, its just a 'Topi Drama'.

And then you expect us to buy your disingenuous spiel of 'I am objective and unbiased'.

Cheng never fails in failing :)

I have always been around. ;)

Well, the PNSC review is still not complete, nor is the parliamentary review.

Nice chicken @ ur avatar...

about topi drama.... i have a FACEPALM reserved for you:

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

Cheng never fails in failing :)

Best expose of "our" Cheng by Chyphercide:

Re: US responsible for the Murder of Pakistani Troops - Pak Rejects NATO Pr

I think the onus lies on both sides to come up with a workable arrangement, keeping in mind Pakistan's newfound spine, as long as it lasts.
Original Post By VCheng

There was this village boy who gets a horse on his 14th birthday

Everybody in the village says; "What a wonderful gift"

The Zen master says "We'll see"

A year later, the boy falls off the horse and breaks his leg.

Everyone in the village says; "How terrible that the boy is suffering"

The Zen master says, "We'll see"

A war is on the horizon and the boy isn't sent off to fight on account of his injured leg.

Everybody in the village exclaim "How lucky this boy is !!!"

The Zen master says "We'll see......"

I think you catch the drift.

This is the infinite loop on the argument that you keep tapping into for your posts and at the end of the ordeal you come off as the wise Zen master and poor ol' me as the village imbecile who didn't know any better than to pick sides.Pretty much pointless to argue against until you define just where your line in the sand is...bugging out!!!

Cheng has stated that within 30 days transit routes would be reopened. clearly he was wrong. He now awaits them reopening so that he can tell us that he was right.

Best expose of "our" Cheng by Chyphercide:

Re: US responsible for the Murder of Pakistani Troops - Pak Rejects NATO Pr

I think the onus lies on both sides to come up with a workable arrangement, keeping in mind Pakistan's newfound spine, as long as it lasts.
Original Post By VCheng

There was this village boy who gets a horse on his 14th birthday

Everybody in the village says; "What a wonderful gift"

The Zen master says "We'll see"

A year later, the boy falls off the horse and breaks his leg.

Everyone in the village says; "How terrible that the boy is suffering"

The Zen master says, "We'll see"

A war is on the horizon and the boy isn't sent off to fight on account of his injured leg.

Everybody in the village exclaim "How lucky this boy is !!!"

The Zen master says "We'll see......"

I think you catch the drift.

This is the infinite loop on the argument that you keep tapping into for your posts and at the end of the ordeal you come off as the wise Zen master and poor ol' me as the village imbecile who didn't know any better than to pick sides.Pretty much pointless to argue against until you define just where your line in the sand is...bugging out!!!

Cheng has stated that within 30 days transit routes would be reopened. clearly he was wrong. He now awaits them reopening so that he can tell us that he was right.

LOL :rofl:

Excerpt from: Obama wants US, Pakistan to work together | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

"After the attack, Pakistan ordered a parliamentary review of its relations with the United States, but Ambassador Rehman has dismissed suggestions that the review would have a negative impact on bilateral relations.

“The review will present an opportunity for both countries to reset ties on more consistent, transparent and predictable lines,”
she said."

==================================================

Once the topi drama of the PNSC review is completed:

Please allow me to direct your attention to the post with your new Ambassador's words to the President: "...dismissed suggestions that the review would have a negative impact on bilateral relations."

Given that commitment of NO NEGATIVE IMPACT ON BILATERAL RELATIONS, I can safely conclude that the process being followed by the PNSC is a topi drama, since the outcome has already been conveyed.

Or would you perhaps like to state in public here your confidence that the PNSC will come up with a credible conclusion that will further Pakistan's national interests?

It is rather rich that a person as biased as you are in moderation would accuse anyone else of being biased. You, like many others, are blinded by your own zeal and indoctrination. (A sad and sorry spectacle indeed.)

For example, if I add a relevant and pithy image to my posts, both you and Irfan Baloch are quick to delete them, yet the image of the face palm above and even blatantly abusive posts like the one below directed at me remain.

Who is biased and who is not is plain to see.

Screw you A$$hole.

( I need ban for some months - exams coming up).

Edit: The above post was indeed deleted later. Thank you Irfan Baloch.

Back
Top Bottom