What's new

Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?

Only Pakistanis with inferiority complex vis a vis the West ( Pakistani "liberals") want to celebrate this nonsense holiday. A proud Pakistani doesn't need to celebrate western celebrations.

This is very unfortunate we are paying attention to only this day. I completely agree though. This is spreading evil in our society.
But I was kinda surprised to see Pakistanis celebrating Halloween, Black Fridays and few other holidays.
Even after living in USA, not even once I celebrated Halloween. Weird stuff.
Pakistanis day by day following west in everything. Many or maybe majority of them do NOT even know the history behind such events. But gotta follow it to look cool.
And such people have no ID. There are hanging somewhere in between Goras and desis. Looks annoying.

The shops and restaurants are still offering valentine's day deals, couples can be seen around the parks and markets, I am being bombarded with valentine's day advertising so pardon me if I take this news with a fist full of salt.
Islamabad is the city where you are allowed to carry weed for personal recreational use and not be arrested, easily the most progressive city in Pakistan and I cannot believe that any such preposterous orders can be given or implemented in the city.
That being said, we are too hard on love, if we as a society were as unanimous in the clear cut rejection of extremism as we are when it comes to Valentine's day, we'd have been living in a more peaceful society since ages past.
You may now bash me for being a westernized, besharam insan.

That being said, we are too hard on love

You may now bash me for being a westernized, besharam insan.

If ''stuff'' you see on Valentine is LOVE in your thoughts then what can we Orthodox Mullahs with Narrow mildness can say
:coffee:

Just to point out................... on Valentine only Roses and Red Gifts are not sold on record levels, somethings else also see record sales and bookings............ (You know What I mean) :azn:

Why only in Islamabad? What about rest?

Beside the ban. it would be better to educate the people and let them know that what exactly such occasions are meant for and who this supports actually so the generation can decide and as well as help reduce the the mark tag as extremists etc. It is also being noticed now a days that candle mafia has almost turned every tragic event into lightening the candles only however in past we have seen if such incident happens so most of the people were like praying for martyrs or injured.

Some people in our society is so busy to adopt the western occasions only to prove their loyalty being liberals fascists.

If ''stuff'' you see on Valentine is LOVE in your thoughts then what can we Orthodox Mullahs with Narrow mildness can say
:coffee:

Just to point out................... on Valentine only Roses and Red Gifts are not sold on record levels, somethings else also see record sales and bookings............ (You know What I mean) :azn:

Hahaha, I get the innuendos. However, Valentine's Day only unmasks what goes on in our society for but a brief moment. We are more concerned with the fact that this matter should not become visible, it may however continue under wraps and we would be least pushed.

This is a fake planted news(continuity of a campaign damaging our soft image around the world by making a news out of a non-issue, thanks to Dawn,ET and their Indian friends), Chaudhary Nisar has better things to do.Why ban something which is not even popular let alone being called mainstream in masses.I mean the media, some industrialists and figure heads are heads-over-toes to promote this and other stuff like Halloween, fathers/mothers day for past several years but the truth is their efforts are in vain you only get to see this being practiced in upper class or some segments of upper middle class dwelling in Karachi,Lahore or Islamabad which is not even 5% of our population.Our society has rejected to be a part of this particular consumerism for any purpose which is religious or national, why would even someone care enough.

Very good point made .go to any village and just put little effort and you will find things that arent present even in big cities , We need Education rest are all temporary .
And i dont understand why people start labeling Extremist , Backward , non progressive etc to those who say its haram or bad . Now a days among some following religion is backwardness

Hahaha, I get the innuendos. However, Valentine's Day only unmasks what goes on in our society for but a brief moment. We are more concerned with the fact that this matter should not become visible, it may however continue under wraps and we would be least pushed.

Heroine rok nahe sakay beep kay is ko kiya rokain gay and source is zee news ban ho bhe to ban wajay beep beep

Bhai.. After all Zee jo ha.. never miss a chance to propagate against Pakistan by creating such hype...

Back
Top Bottom