What's new

Pakistan Bans Entry To Afghans Holding Visas For India

A pattern seems to be emerging.

Article here, excerpts below:

In a recent policy shift, India's traditional rival Pakistan has slapped new sanctions on Afghan nationals who have an Indian visa in their passports.

On Tuesday, director of Hamid Karzai International Airport, Jabbarkhail said that over the past few days Pakistan has deported or banned entry to at least ten Afghans after finding Indian visas in their passports.

"Airline companies are still informing the passengers that they can not take them to Pakistan if there is an Indian visa in their passport," said Mohammad Asif Jabbarkhail.

Muzghan Sulaimankhail is one Afghan who was denied entry into Pakistan because of an Indian visa in her passport.

"I went for medical treatment to Pakistan; when I arrived at the airport officials told me that they can not allow me to enter Pakistan because of the existence of an Indian visa in my passport," said Muzghan.

Very good move :)

Why does the Indian government insist that dual national Pakistanis apply for an Indian visa on their Pakistani passport?

Ah ... how did you know that ... lol

I've heard of that ... happened to some of my friends whose children hold dual citizenship ...
They asked the dual citizens to renounce their Pakistani citizenship if they wanted to travel on their US passport ;-)

Ah ... how did you know that ... lol

I've heard of that ... happened to some of my friends whose children hold dual citizenship ...
They asked the dual citizens to renounce their Pakistani citizenship if they wanted to travel on their US passport ;-)
I have acquittances who have travelled to India. I also check the Indian embassy websites

The move does make sense if you are a Pakistani but like I said deporting without warning is a bit harsh
Sorry but this is actually plain stupid. India and Pakistan allow Visas to each other netizens even though on daily basis we accuse each other of sponsoring terrorism in our backyard, no?? Now some idiot in your MEA thinks that there are enough grounds to not give Visas to Afghans if they have Indian visa?? Someone has just lost it...:disagree:

So it is true ... I thought perhaps the local Indian consulate was incompetent
Plus Pakistanis get a very restricted visa compared to other nationalites. You have limited ports of entry and you are restricted to a few cities

Say sorry Afghans and all your miseries will vanish

Plus Pakistanis get a very restricted visa compared to other nationalites. You have limited ports of entry and you are restricted to a few cities
Plus you have to report to Police station where you stay and they can come and check you any time at your residence.

Interesting days ahead ... I wish we could get a "leaked" position on what the Pakistani establishment is thinking.

That is true ...
We can only guess after seeing the effects .I hope it is not grass eating thing as you mentioned

Plus you have to report to Police station where you stay and they can come and check you any time at your residence.

We can only guess after seeing the effects .I hope it is not grass eating thing as you mentioned

It will be costly to take on Afghanistan -- but Pakistan has no choice.

How Pakistan can lesson the cost is to have better relations with India. The more beneficial arrangement in 40-60 years is an AfPak confederation that has excellent relations which India. That can be done by demolishing the current setup in Afghanistan but building good relations with India.

India doesn't give two figs about Afghanistan ... for India the Afghans are just convenient fools. India does want to have good relations with Pakistan and so should Pakistan.

Sorry but this is actually plain stupid. India and Pakistan allow Visas to each other netizens even though on daily basis we accuse each other of sponsoring terrorism in our backyard, no?? Now some idiot in your MEA thinks that there are enough grounds to not give Visas to Afghans if they have Indian visa?? Someone has just lost it...:disagree:

aaa have you tried getting an Indian visa as a Pakistani

Not sure how bad the reverse is

It will be costly to take on Afghanistan -- but Pakistan has no choice.

How Pakistan can lesson the cost is to have better relations with India. The more beneficial arrangement in 40-60 years is an AfPak confederation that has excellent relations which India. That can be done by demolishing the current setup in Afghanistan but building good relations with India.

India doesn't give two figs about Afghanistan ... for India the Afghans are just convenient fools. India does want to have good relations with Pakistan and so should Pakistan.

aaa have you tried getting an Indian visa as a Pakistani

Not sure how bad the reverse is
Although seems ideal but the point here is AF-PK confederation ?? We are loosing the relations what we have with each other .I wish it does happened but who and how it will be done.
I think GHQ just signalling the Afghanistan either Pakistan or India. If India, then Afghanistan is just like another state having no special favors. Harsh but truth.

Back
Top Bottom