What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

A new doctrine, as a successor to CSD is now there. Has entirely different dimensions, challenges the best in all of us.
Care to elaborate once you have time? Challenges, strength and weakness. Nasr was our response to CSD. If a new doctrine is there,that means a response must also be developed accordingly.

We also lack Attack Helis

We should not see the number of our attack helis as though we wanted more but this is what we got. It was, again, as per doctrine, that these helis were bought for a very specific task, and for this task this amount was plentiful.

Care to elaborate once you have time? Challenges, strength and weakness. Nasr was our response to CSD. If a new doctrine is there,that means a response must also be developed accordingly.

Would surely do. Nasr, however, still retains its importance for countering the new doctrine. In order to counter the effects of Nasr, IA would have to let go of several drills and procedures they ought to take for operations.

We also lack Attack Helis

Procurement of military equipment has to be role specific. Hundreds or thousands of everything cannot and should not be bought.

I kinda believe things might turn out different ..
My guess is that cold start doctrine will not happen or even work... and both countries will first fight it out in the air..the one who wins that will command further battles and ultimately the war..
Without air battle being decided the risk to armour advancement is too high..

In such case A10s/su 25 will not work you would need high performance jet that can fist counter IAF..

Drones armed with laser guided weapons should however work early on given their Long endurance and lower cost

This beleive that world might come to end the war is also flawed..historical it has not happened...
Therefore a long protracted war is possible ..
In such war the air battles will first be decided once that is decided the winner will push with armour assualt ...

This will all remain below nuclear threshold as till armour assualt loss of life will be low.
India is increasingly questioning the nuclear threshold(dangerously) anyway

In summary PAF needs to revamped so it can ensure that IAF doesnt attain airsuperiority over battlefield...after that armoured core should have independent assests for airsupports /denial (gunships/drones/SAMs) to ensure protection ...
If IAF does dismantle PAF early on then army gunships & drones will simply become target practice for IAF
If it's going to be a full blown war...rather than just a minor skirmish then I don't think it will be first air warfare while advancing armored columns are held back until air superiority is achieved by one side...

It may initially start out that way...but the moment any side experiences a set back...they would start using other means to divert their opponent's airforce. If IAF was being dominated in the air by PAF...it would make sense for them to launch ground offensives in various sectors bcuz then PAF would be forced to provide cover to PA countering those offensives while also carrying out bombing missions on the advancing IA...
...this would take away the ability of PAF to solely focus on IAF and spread it thin.

The same would happen the other way around. This would only be the case if both countries are going to engage in a full blown war. For minor skirmishes to seem macho and what not...that's a different thing.

However as u have said that air dominance is an absolute must in today's warfare...and PAF needs to be beefed up as much as possible through whatever means necessary.

Sir AH1s I think lack in effective Anti Armour Role. i can be wrong also

Lo, they were PRIMARILY bought for their anti armor role. Imagine, 8 BGM 71s on each Cobra.

L
Sir AH1s I think lack in effective Anti Armour Role. i can be wrong also

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Pakistan-Army/Bell-AH-1F-Cobra-209/5485011/L

AH1.jpg

@Syed Hammad Ahmed
L

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom