What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

You are right dear, maintenance issues especially of airframes are there. But then, in anti-armr role you always fly using nap-of-the-earth tactics, even AH-64 Apache uses the same tactics, keeping below the horizon while using its Longbow radar.

High altitude for attack helis means they can be shot down from miles away. Therefore, altitude isnt a problem.

Our AH1s are configured for both BGM-71 and BSWS.

The reason we arent going primarily on a SPAAG route is that their guns offer ranges of max 4-5 Kms nowadays besides high rate of ammo expenditure and accuracy. In the era of standoff threat there is a need of system able to counter stand off threat with guidance system, therefore missiles are preferred which are having 1 or more guidance system

We have got PANTSIR for the reason that it is a hybrid system, it has 12 missiles on one vehicle with a range of 20 Kms and radio command guidance , the guns are secondary weapons with range of 4 Kms. Even in PANTSIR for firing of guns the system needs to be stopped and jacks lowered. However for missiles, it can fire while moving.

PANTSIR has been delivered? Some member claimed that Initial deliver was in January but for some reason it got delayed and didn't arrive?

We have got PANTSIR for the reason that it is a hybrid system, it has 12 missiles on one vehicle with a range of 20 Kms and radio command guidance , the guns are secondary weapons with range of 4 Kms. Even in PANTSIR for firing of guns the system needs to be stopped and jacks lowered. However for missiles, it can fire while moving.
Yes Confirmation has come Finally :yahoo:
I hope we have Pantsir S2

PANTSIR has been delivered? Some member claimed that Initial deliver was in January but for some reason it got delayed and didn't arrive?

Nopes dear. Unit has bee raised, OEM trg at Russia done, it was to be delivered in January as you say, but Covid-19 has delayed everything.

@Syed Hammad Ahmed

You are right dear, maintenance issues especially of airframes are there. But then, in anti-armr role you always fly using nap-of-the-earth tactics, even AH-64 Apache uses the same tactics, keeping below the horizon while using its Longbow radar.

High altitude for attack helis means they can be shot down from miles away. Therefore, altitude isnt a problem.

Our AH1s are configured for both BGM-71 and BSWS.

The reason we arent going primarily on a SPAAG route is that their guns offer ranges of max 4-5 Kms nowadays besides high rate of ammo expenditure and accuracy. In the era of standoff threat there is a need of system able to counter stand off threat with guidance system, therefore missiles are preferred which are having 1 or more guidance system

How many batteries we got ???

IMO battlefield-level air defence is adequate - probably one of the departments I'm comfortable we're fine in. LRSAMs for VP/VA protection may be needed - we rely on PAF interceptors for protection, apart from those SA-2s near ICT there is nothing much.

IMO battlefield-level air defence is adequate - probably one of the departments I'm comfortable we're fine in. LRSAMs for VP/VA protection may be needed - we rely on PAF interceptors for protection, apart from those SA-2s near ICT there is nothing much.

...and that LY80 in Lahore.......others also around......:-)

Sir LY 80 is only 40km max. I hope we upgrade them to HQ16B(70km max)

Something like HQ9B/9C is needed

But then thats where the concept of VA and VP comes in. Aim is not to cover the whole airspace, we just need to cover the important points and areas. Minimum is that, everyone would be happy having more than that.

But then thats where the concept of VA and VP comes in. Aim is not to cover the whole airspace, we just need to cover the important points and areas. Minimum is that, everyone would be happy having more than that.
India is getting S400s and Barak 8s to protect its major cities

I want VT-5. I don’t like last years models. Izzat b koi cheez hy.

Bro they are totally different tanks....The VT5 is 32% lighter, can be transported by heavy lift craft and is designed to operate in China's high altitude border areas.
The VT4 is a frontline battle tank designed to meet the enemy head on.
ZTQ-15 on the plateau:
1.gif
2.gif
微信图片_20200502002816.jpg
微信图片_20200502002830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom