What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

a little (but I hope they prove be wrong)
I hope you flip back more earlier thread and stop beating the dead horse of another T-72. If VT-4 is just a modify T-72. Then Leopard 2 A7 is just leopard 1. I do not want to repeat spoon feed you about VT-4. Since it's already bought by PA. It's your responsible to find out more info and pls do yourself a favor by not asking American or indian about VT-4 info.

I hope you flip back more earlier thread and stop beating the dead horse of another T-72. If VT-4 is just a modify T-72. Then Leopard 2 A7 is just leopard 1. I do not want to repeat spoon feed you about VT-4. Since it's already bought by PA. It's your responsible to find out more info and pls do yourself a favor by not asking American or indian about VT-4 info.

I hope your right. I trust the Pakistan army to have checked out the tank and if they are satisfied, the I am satisfied.

I hope your right. I trust the Pakistan army to have checked out the tank and if they are satisfied, the I am satisfied.
I do believe Pakistan will make the right choice very cautiously.
Pakistan face thousands of India Tanks, such as T-72, T-90. It's vital and very serious business and threat. The border between 2 countries are mostly flat and quite long. The Tank is the spear of Army, other weapons system designed and used around the tanks.

If tank is superior, it will give Pakistan Army an edge over India. As we know, Pakistan may not be able to match the numbers, so it's even more important for Pakistan Army to choose the best choice they can have within the budget.

If there are any better deal Pakistan can get, all my best wishes to Pakistan Army. Go for it.

Friendship is friendship. Business is business. Pakistan Army should always try everything they can to equip brave soldiers, so that they can survive and win the war.

So far, I think Pakistan Army has made their minds, VT-4 won't fail Pakistan Army. We will see.

Pakistan face thousands of India Tanks, such as T-72, T-90.
The first tank that PA acquired to face T-72 was Type-85. While Type-85 was being procured, initial work on AK had begun in 90's. After Pakistan went for T-80 UDs, the Indians procured T-90s. Coincidentally, AK and T-90 were inducted in the same year in respective armies I think. Apart from Type-85, the way these procurements occurred doesn't ensure that PA acquires tanks solely against Indian Army tank procurements. If you read history of Indo-Pak wars, both armies whenever took initiatives to throw tanks against enemy deployed them against weaker enemy forces, not necessarily against armored forces(khem Karan-Pakistan and Sialkot-India). The defending army would try to employ tanks against tanks along with other anti-tank systems (Sialkot-Pakistan). Its useful to exploit enemy's weakly defended areas with armor unless armor has to face armor in combat and there is no other choice.

The first tank that PA acquired to face T-72 was Type-85. While Type-85 was being procured, initial work on AK had begun in 90's. After Pakistan went for T-80 UDs, the Indians procured T-90s. Coincidentally, AK and T-90 were inducted in the same year in respective armies I think. Apart from Type-85, the way these procurements occurred doesn't ensure that PA acquires tanks solely against Indian Army tank procurements. If you read history of Indo-Pak wars, both armies whenever took initiatives to throw tanks against enemy deployed them against weaker enemy forces, not necessarily against armored forces(khem Karan-Pakistan and Sialkot-India). The defending army would try to employ tanks against tanks along with other anti-tank systems (Sialkot-Pakistan). Its useful to exploit enemy's weakly defended areas with armor unless armor has to face armor in combat and there is no other choice.
Yep you don't cut iron with iron
Yes you don't cut iron with iron. Armour is usually not used against armour unless for outflanking or preventing outflanking of own forces. PA has especially raised an indp anti armour bde at Gujranwala and the Gujranwala corps was established to relief one corps of taking any defensive moves .same can be said of 4(lahore) and 31(bahwalpur) corps to some extent. It should also be implemented in sindh.
How do iur type 85s compare with indian t72s

How do iur type 85s compare with indian t72s
Type-85 II can face T-72 and come on top. It can even face T-90 which is why its deployed in semi/desert region. T-59 II did not perform amicably in the desert therefore a new tank was needed.

If the crew is trained and experienced then T-59 II can hold its ground against T-72, however its slower, has a smaller gun and its protection is just adequate. This is where tactics, strategy, employment of weapon and other factors come in.

Type-85 II can face T-72 and come on top. It can even face T-90 which is why its deployed in semi/desert region. T-59 II did not perform amicably in the desert therefore a new tank was needed.

If the crew is trained and experienced then T-59 II can hold its ground against T-72, however its slower, has a smaller gun and its protection is just adequate. This is where tactics, strategy, employment of weapon and other factors come in.
Thanks, are type85s are under v corps ? Similarly what's the area of deployment of AKs, i read one of your post which said that they are usually with inf divs, if so why? And what will happen with the AZs, clearly they are not going to the western front?

Thanks, are type85s are under v corps ? Similarly what's the area of deployment of AKs, i read one of your post which said that they are usually with inf divs, if so why? And what will happen with the AZs, clearly they are not going to the western front?
I have an idea where Type-85 II are deployed, but lets see if anyone else points it out. I had started some threads on PA formations but i was asked to stop later on so I don't really indulge in deployments or procurements.

AZ is a very impressive upgrade. It could make its way into armored regiments of Infantry Divs and has a good potential to serve in armored brigades. It would be disastrous for Indian military to underestimate AZ.

I have an idea where Type-85 II are deployed, but lets see if anyone else points it out. I had started some threads on PA formations but i was asked to stop later on so I don't really indulge in deployments or procurements.

AZ is a very impressive upgrade. It could make its way into armored regiments of Infantry Divs and has a good potential to serve in armored brigades. It would be disastrous for Indian military to underestimate AZ.
Another question, will the AZs which have been replaced by vt4s form new regt?

here comes the improved model. Notice the olive green color of the gun, and it now has a muzzle reference sytem as well.

The older version lacked both these enhancements

maxresdefault.jpg
thanks brother
if there was generation classification then where does it stand in the league of Russian T90 or German lepords and US Abrams ?

thanks brother
if there was generation classification then where does it stand in the league of Russian T90 or German lepords and US Abrams ?
Leopard changed quite a lot since 1980s. depends on which specific version.
T-90 is old tank technology, some upgrade from T-72.
Abrams changed a lot as well since it was born. So it depends which version.

Leopard changed quite a lot since 1980s. depends on which specific version.
T-90 is old tank technology, some upgrade from T-72.
Abrams changed a lot as well since it was born. So it depends which version.
every thing changed like original F16s
I assumed that people will understand that my question was about the most current and modern variants of the tanks i listed vs this tank.

Back
Top Bottom