1b. SSN
1c. SSBN - 8 silo
2. Z10ME
3. AH-1Z
4. F16- Blk70/72
5. J15
6. J10
7. Jh-7

ye jo akhri teen cheezein hein inhon ney doosrey forum pe bohat ho ha ki hoi thi
shayad aap ne bhi witness kiya ho ga.
suna hey ab yeh cheezein political decisons ki nazar hoti nazar a rahi hein
roshni daliye ga

ye jo akhri teen cheezein hein inhon ney doosrey forum pe bohat ho ha ki hoi thi
shayad aap ne bhi witness kiya ho ga.
suna hey ab yeh cheezein political decisons ki nazar hoti nazar a rahi hein
roshni daliye ga
it is still a reality according to some

"Normal for Eastern Block Tanks!
Portuguese Leo2A6 firing at its side, 120/55 gun

Keep the volume low for this!
(Dont try to translate)

The VT-4 probably had that slightly and somewhat higher recoil oscillation in that particular video due to a variety of factors some of which are illustrated below:

1. Ground damping: How much energy the terrain can absorb and dissipate without hopefully transferring it back to the tank.

2. Elastodynamic properties of the ground: how much energy is absorbed and then returned to the tank due to the elasticity of ground surface the tank was moving on. If ground surface itself displaces and springs backup without much plastic (i.e. permanent) deformation, it will transfer some of energy back to the tank causing it to further oscillate as it moves adding in to later recoil when firing. Yes, even the seemingly rigid ground has some springle like recoil of its own when pushed down really heard, capable of tranfering energy from ground to the tank. Nothing is perfectly rigid.

3. Tank state: The velocity of and acceleration of the tank while firing has a profound impact on recoil oscillation frequency and amplitude (and its decay). Plan English: how fast tank recoils and how far, is affected by its its overall motion (in rigorous engineering terms rigid mode oscillations are function of vehicle state among other things).

4. Energy transferred to the tank components (due to their elasticity such as tank suspension system and other structures having elastic and damping characteristics of their own): This too will create unique recoil profile. Furthermore as tank moves on uneven ground, these elastic components carry a lot of energy in them which combined with firing recoil may give tank a far bigger oscillation than when moving smoothly and slowly on an even ground (where they carry less energy).

5. Current weight and weight distribution (due to component arrangements, ammunition, fuel, etc.) and overall weight of the tank: how much a tank weighs and how that weight is distributed will also create a unique recoil profile.

6. Position and orientation of turret, type of round fired and so on.

The point is some characteristics are chosen for a given tank (e.g. suspension optimized for certain "terrain-tank interactions") and some depend on terrain upon which the tank is moving on. A tank on certain terrain types for which it was optimized may behave dramatically differently than on a different terrain. One usually finds compromise and that depends on customer needs and personal preferences of the designers.

So we can't compare one tank moving and firing in a different environment with one in totally different one. Even when in the same environment a tank may differ in behavior depending on what they were trying to optimize or aiming for when it was designed. For example some may behave differently (have different dynamic characteristics) because they are supposed to experience less wear and tear and to increase maintenance time interval. The list goes on.

VT-4 can't be therefore be compared with another tank based on some videos of other tanks. All tanks are different and optimized based on different preferences and requirements, giving them different recoil profiles among other things.

I know you were NOT comparing the tanks, just merely pointing out some similarity but still I felt the need to say few things anyway.

Last edited:
VT-4 engine is using computerized fully automatic transmission that makes the response and handling like a sport car. The engine of VT-4 can be swapped out and replace with a new one in just 45mins while Oplot engine needs half day time to complete such task. I do not know why so many Pakistanis think so highly of such an obsolete tank like Oplot?
Brought back an old comment of yours, this VT4 surely does move like a sports car.

It looks Alkhalid 2 would be something different and advanced machine.
VT4 is going to create balance in battle field.
Some VTF 10 are also needed to strengthen defence and offence.

So, it is 1200HP and not 1500HP power pack ... ??
Does it matter? Leopard A6 weights 65tons and equipped with 1500hp engine. Vt-4 weight 52tons and having a 1200hp engine.

Since many treat german tank like gems or benchmark, do i ask u. What advantage of LeopardA6 has over VT-4 in terms of power ratio?

Does it matter? Leopard A6 weights 65tons and equipped with 1500hp engine. Vt-4 weight 52tons and having a 1200hp engine.

Since many treat german tank like gems or benchmark, do i ask u. What advantage of LeopardA6 has over VT-4 in terms of power ratio?
Wasn't complaining about it. Wanted to just confirm that. I was under impression that Powerpack is 1500 HP as i read somewhere which seems to be incorrect.

VT-4 will be great induction but more important is to induct more anti-tank weapon systems.
AFT-10

Red%2BArrow%2B10%2Banti-tank%2Bguided%2Bmissiles%2Bon%2BVN-1%2B8%2Bx%2B8%2BAPC.jpg

AFT-10.jpg

LX144.jpg
Spot on. This type of vehicles could be used as launch platforms for long range anti tank missiles or loitering munitions to support defensive ops with conventional armor/infantry forces.

Don't VT-4's have 1300HP engine? It was reported pakistani version has 1500HP but not confirmed.

So does VT4 have 1300HP engine or 1200HP?

Don't VT-4's have 1300HP engine? It was reported pakistani version has 1500HP but not confirmed.

So does VT4 have 1300HP engine or 1200HP?
Possible 1300HP engine but 1500HP is unlikely. First is cost and second, the overkill horsepower will reduces range and shorten service Interval.

Possible 1300HP engine but 1500HP is unlikely. First is cost and second, the overkill horsepower will reduces range and shorten service Interval.
If the weight of the tank is 52 tons, then a 1300HP engine gives it a power to weight ratio of 25 (same as AlKhalid). That's pretty good. Infact it's almost as high as it gets for tanks anywhere in the world. And considering the opposition it's excellent. No indian tank even comes near. So I would agree that 1500HP engine is not needed, especially if it comes at the cost of other parameters as you mentioned.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom