What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

@Zara Ali @Quwa What are main features which differs Type A & Type B

According to Turkish Aerospace’s General manager Temel Kotil, the PAA will begin receiving its T129s in “less than a year.”[3] Based on the five-year project timeline, it appears that the PAA will induct its ATAK on an incremental basis, i.e. in small (e.g. 5-6 aircraft) annual batches. The first 10 ATAKs for the PAA will be T129B Block-Is, which will be similarly configured as the Turkish Armed Forces’ (TSK) Block-I.[4] The next 20 will be Block-IIs which, again, will be configured along similar lines as the TSK’s Block-IIs.[5]

The T129B Block-I is a baseline configuration equipped with an electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) turret, an integrated avionics suite, and semi-active laser-homing (SALH) anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) as well as 70 mm SALH air-to-ground rockets. The Roketsan UMTAS (Mizrak) ATGM offers a range of 500 m to 8,000 m.[6] Supporting weapons include the Roketsan CİRİT, a 2.75” air-to-ground rocket (range: 1,500 m to 8,000 m) and a single 20 mm nose-mounted cannon.

The onboard electronics suite also includes Aselsan’s AVCI Helmet Integrated Cueing System, which enables the pilot to direct the EO/IR turret for target identification and tracking.[7] In addition, the T129B Block-I is also equipped with a self-protection suite comprising of a missile warning system, a chaff and flare countermeasure system and directed infrared countermeasure system.[8] It is also includes the MXF-484 and 9651 V/UHF (Very and Ultra-High Frequency) radio systems (produced by Aselsan).[9]

The T129B Block-II retains the Block-I’s configuration, but it also features an electronic warfare (EW) suite equipped with a radio-frequency jammer, radar warning receiver (RWR), laser warning receiver (LWR) and Aselsan’s 9681 V/UHF (Very and Ultra-High Frequency) airborne radio terminals.[10]

Helen Haxell. “Farnborough 2018: Turkish Aerospace expanding helicopter portfolio.” Shephard Media. 17 July 2018. URL: https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/...rough-2018-turkish-aerospace-expanding-helic/ (Last Accessed: 13 July 2018).

“Pakistan Chief of General Staff – T129 ATA Show Flight Tracked at Farnborough Air Show.” Defence Turkey. 16 July 2018. URL: http://www.defenceturkey.com/tr/ice...atak-gosteri-ucusunu-izledi-3113#.W1UxU9JKiUn (Last Accessed: 13 July 2018).

Cem Akalın. “Turkey Ramps up T129 “Atak” Attack Helicopter Production.” Defence Turkey. Volume 12. Issue 78. 2017. URL: http://www.defenceturkey.com/en/con...ttack-helicopter-production-2841#.W1aBRdJKiUk (Last Accessed: 13 July 2018).

at least something is coming i am sick of these cobras now . whenever i land at multan airport i see those cobras .

The airframes are pretty tired from flying nonstop in the last few years, as replacement birds come online, a few of the newer ones will slog on with the older ones cannibalised to keep them flying.

But no upgrades too old by far.

The airframes are pretty tired from flying nonstop in the last few years, as replacement birds come online, a few of the newer ones will slog on with the older ones cannibalised to keep them flying.

But no upgrades too old by far.
Rafi sb I read at other PDF by Haris Khan that PAA looking for turkish upgrades on AH1 cobras along with ATAK

Rafi sb I read at other PDF by Haris Khan that PAA looking for turkish upgrades on AH1 cobras along with ATAK

Maybe, but these birds have been ridden hard, not much life left in them.

Maybe, but these birds have been ridden hard, not much life left in them.
I have always wonderd can we get newer air frames from Iran as they seem to build them?? Correct me if I am wrong.
A

I have always wonderd can we get newer air frames from Iran as they seem to build them?? Correct me if I am wrong.
they built about 10 frame under name of TOUFAN 6-7 years ago, but we never see them later, probably they got some engine and spares from US as a result of negotiations from other politic issues. hence they wanted to implement attack heli fleet with those parts. If they are able to make a new heli we would see them in every week.

dont forget North Korea is operating a US made heli fleet.

A

They have done well in keeping the old ones flying, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom