What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

If EF would come it would be mainly Italy and UK and Spain. Mix of old and new ones.
doubt it, priority is as usually given to army projects, and there a lot of army projects that are to be completed first, like new gen tanks, artillery, guns, attack helos etc

we need to be 2 steps ahead of indain army and thats what we are doing forget about airforce and airdefence

doubt it, priority is as usually given to army projects, and there a lot of army projects that are to be completed first, like new gen tanks, artillery, guns, attack helos etc

we need to be 2 steps ahead of indain army and thats what we are doing forget about airforce and airdefence
No focus on Air Force and Navy is increasing

Wow... you actually believe Zarvan :woot:

Alan Warnes was prevented from going to Quetta because of the security situation! There is no J10C or EF2000 in Pakistan at all!!!

Zarvan your posts do provide a degree of entertainment but for God's sake stop with all the BS.
Well Americans were there in musharraf era and it was way way bad then now :(

So for first time our media was right when it comes to defense news
Lately i have been away from these defense news due to studies. Could you update me whether we are acquiring license to produce at home or just ToT. And if we are acquiring license , then are we setting up our own production plant for our needs as well as possible exports?

To be clear, Alan Warnes said that if Pakistan buys T129s, it would get to manufacture some of the parts at PAC. It seems to be an offset arrangement to reduce the cost of the acquisition (by having Turkey import some parts from PAC).

why we are doubtful about this helicopter ? what are the reasons of not buying or delay.

It seems more viable than getting something from america. US has a history of denying us weapons it is not just 8 F-16s.

Why would PA need that when they're already getting AH-1Z. It doesn't bring anything new to the table. And they're both vulnerable to sanctions.
AH-1Z we are getting may be sanction prone but T-129's engines may be a hassle for the time until Turks may come up with their own engine and they are gaining fast over it.

AH-1Z we are getting may be sanction prone but T-129's engines may be a hassle for the time until Turks may come up with their own engine and they are gaining fast over it.
Do you think we'll be doing engine changes if they come up with a solution? Do you know how expensive that is?
Making an engine is easy, making a reliable and higher TBO engine is extremely difficult and only comes with experience/time which they don't have.

I don't expect an engine change in the T129.

The PAA was apparently impressed with the T129's hot-and-high performance, and I imagine a lot of that came due to the LHTEC engine already installed. Fitting in the nearest Ukrainian engine (MS500V) would pull the T129 down to the A129 v1, which the PAA ignored in the 1990s. Fitting in the Safran Ardiden 3 would require time and cost, and at that point, one might as well as wait for the Turkish TEI turboshaft engine.

It seems more viable than getting something from america. US has a history of denying us weapons it is not just 8 F-16s.

This post is typical of the prevailing anti- US sentiment among the Pakistanis which IMHO shows that we have very short term memory. In actual fact United States has a long history of supplying Pakistan with weapons. 1965 war that we so fondly celebrate each year wast fought almost entirely with US supplied Sabres, B-57s & Herks of the PAF; US supplied Pattons, Sherman and big guns of the Pak Army & US financed submarine & warships of the PN.
Remember, US had also approved the sale of 8 F-16; however she declined to finance the sale as well.

US employs economic aid, military aid and the sale of military hardware as tool to advance her global policy. It is about time my compatriots understood that there is no such thing as “Free lunch". If you go against US interest, US will cut off the supplies. One can therefore correctly say that US is "Fair weather friend” that's about it.
It may be tough for Pakistan but that is "Realpolitik”. Pray tell me, would you sell Thunders to a hostile Afghan gov’t?

These days India is needed as a counter against the growing Chinese influence in the region also Indian coffers are full of dollars, hence India is free to buy US equipment. Remember at one time Iran was also in similar position and the Shah bought state of the art F-4s as well F-14’s. Should you have billions of readily available dollars allocated to buy defence hardware; if not the US, France or Britain and if all else fails then Russia will be there to sell.

However, the real problem with the US & Western equipment is that most of the European military hardware also has some parts of the US origin, hence is prone to the US sanctions. France is an exception and in my opinion that is one of the factors why India went for Rafael.

To be clear, Alan Warnes said that if Pakistan buys T129s, it would get to manufacture some of the parts at PAC. It seems to be an offset arrangement to reduce the cost of the acquisition (by having Turkey import some parts from PAC).
PAC manufacturing some parts of Anka UAV already may same arrangement.

Back
Top Bottom