What's new

Pakistan Army's Sikh officer has a 'Celebrity Status'.

You are comparing apples with oranges, Comparison should be population of Hindus & Sikhs in West Punjab and Muslims in East Punjab before and after partition.

Sure if you do above comparison than numbers will tell story

Why only Punjab and not the whole country?

And why not the trends of minorities population after the partition as well?

Yes I am aware of the esteemed gentlemen you are talking about, although I admit I do not know enough about them. It's good to know there are Pakistanis who remember the sacrifices Ahmadis made for the defence of Pakistan.

I wonder if you knew about Major-General Nasir Ahmad Chaudhry, he defended Pakistan during 1971 war and died at the hands of ***** terrorists in Lahore when Ahmadi mosques were attacked in 2010.
sad...............
but be Muslim or not, Lt Gen Akhtar Hussain shall remain a hero for me of the 1965 war

Yes I am aware of the esteemed gentlemen you are talking about, although I admit I do not know enough about them. It's good to know there are Pakistanis who remember the sacrifices Ahmadis made for the defence of Pakistan.

I wonder if you knew about Major-General Nasir Ahmad Chaudhry, he defended Pakistan during 1971 war and died at the hands of ***** terrorists in Lahore when Ahmadi mosques were attacked in 2010.

There are more Ahmadis in Pak Army then all the other minorities put together. Several have been martyred during Operations against terrorists, including my relatives. This is why I get a little angry when some wise guy comes along and attempts to sweep all Ahmadis sacrifices under the carpet.

Do you know how many Ahmadis are in the armed forces of Pakistan?

Do you know how many Ahmadis are in the armed forces of Pakistan?

It is impossible to know the exact number, as most Ahmadi recruits come from the same place as the majority of other recruits and its not really possible to distinguish them from other Sunni Pakistanis unless specifically asked about certain religious beliefs.

But my personal estimate, easily over 5,000 if you count the air force and navy.

How are you so sure Noman Bashir is an Ahmadi?

The reason I am so sure is because I had and have relatives in the armed forces, including one who was a high ranked navy officer. But that's all pre 1980s. If Noman Bashir is indeed an Ahmadi then its news for me, I know nothing about the guy.

And how you know that he is not?

I don't know about your relatives but your statement is factually wrong, I can assure you.

It is impossible to know the exact number, as most Ahmadi recruits come from the same place as the majority of other recruits and its not really possible to distinguish them from other Sunni Pakistanis unless specifically asked about certain religious beliefs.

But my personal estimate, easily over 5,000 if you count the air force and navy.

Don't bother arguing with some intolerant folks here man.Just an advice.

Btw topic was a sikh officer treated by Pakistanis in the ideas 2014 why people bring ahmadis and others in that thread :-X :-X :-X
Btw singh is looking cool in Pak army uniform <3<3 :p:

And how you know that he is not?

I don't know about your relatives but your statement is factually wrong, I can assure you.

Admiral Bashir is not an Ahmadi. The people who first spread the rumour he was were on a famous Anti Ahmadiyya site who's apparent list of other Ahmadis included Musharraf's wife, and Tariq Aziz. You can still continue to believe it though, I have no problem with that.

As for promotions, just ask any Ahmadi who has family in the armed forces. They are almost always looked over for promotion after they reach a certain rank. That I was told from people in the armed forces, if you have different information, please share.

And I hope I didn't come off as offensive, you are one of the few people on PDF that I genuinely respect.

Back
Top Bottom