What's new

Pakistan Army negotiating contact for T-129 helicopter

Apart from Thermal imaging is Turkey working on the new White Phosphorus Image Intensifiers?

Turkey currently produces UV solar blind image intensifiers for missile warning applications. Turkish NV goggles and weapon sights are equipped with 'Harris Corporation' image intensifying tubes.

From Aselsan;
Image Intensifier Tubes
UV solar blind image intensifier tubes are a key component
of helicopter missile warning systems. Qualification of a
the production line has been completed in 2016 and mass
production started successfully. To extend product application
to further platforms, engineering activities for the development
of new generation high photocathode sensitive tubes are in
progress.

And other developments;

Uncooled Infrared Thermal Detectors (Microbolometer)
Success gained through product focused activities on
Microbolometer Type Uncooled Infrared Detectors has in 2016
lead to the decision to invest in a mass production line within
ASELSAN’s facilities. Following the preparation of a multi-phase
investment plan, hardware procurement has started.
The facility is planned to be operational in 2018. Manufactured
detectors will primarily be used in ASELSAN’s product lines of
Thermal Weapon Binoculars, Armored Vehicle Thermal Sight
Systems and Missile Seeker Systems.

Cooled Infrared Photon Detectors
ASELSAN continued to be actively involved in the mass production of
Quantum Well Infrared Photodetectors (QWIP) which has a 640 x 512
format and 20 μm pitch. The process of integrating and deploying
QWIPs in EYE-Q Thermal Imaging Cameras, designed, optimized and
manufactured entirely by ASELSANfor border security purposes, has
come to its final stages.
ASELSAN has conducted research activities in developing infrared
detectors with Mercury Cadmium Telluride (MCT) epilayers.
Company’s main focus in this area is integrating these 640 x 512
format 15 μm pitch MCT detectors in ASELSAN made thermal
imaging systems for reconnaissance and surveillance such as Eye,
Sharpeye, Falconeye and targeting systems such as ASELPOD and
CATS.
Mercury Cadmium Telluride layers are deposited on Cadmium Zinc
Telluride (CZT) wafers. CZT is a militarily critical technology subjected
to export controls. ASELSAN engineers acquired the manufacturing
know-how of this critical material through their research efforts
conducted under a project contract (EYMIR) funded by the
Undersecretariat for Defence Industries.

Last edited:
Guys The Italian A-29 which is basically from what T-129 is derived from uses UK Rolls Royce Engine so if we have engine issue or we are afraid we can face engine issue why not just use the UK engine ????

Guys The Italian A-29 which is basically from what T-129 is derived from uses UK Rolls Royce Engine so if we have engine issue or we are afraid we can face engine issue why not just use the UK engine ????
Because the new LHTEC engine is the reason why the T129 has good hot-and-high performance. If they go back to the old engine, it won't be as good.

Because the new LHTEC engine is the reason why the T129 has good hot-and-high performance. If they go back to the old engine, it won't be as good.
So I am pretty sure some helicopter company would have come up with a improved version by now or a engine which is equally good and can also fit in T-129

So I am pretty sure some helicopter company would have come up with a improved version by now or a engine which is equally good and can also fit in T-129
In 3-4 years the TEI turboshaft engine should be integrated to the T129 and in production. Right now, it's either the LHTEC engine or waiting for the TEI turboshaft engine. @cabatli_53

pr-10-12-2015.jpg

TAI and LHTEC sign contract for CTS800 engine

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/p...5-tai-and-lhtec-sign-contract-for-cts800.aspx

Some big companies under the policies of western governments have been used as a tool over some developing states that is being posed lots of restrictions, special sanctions and costly prices to control the states to make them a sattelite of their policies. With this way, They can control our export steps (Even if the complete system is deaigned by own engineers) to pave the way a success in favour of their institutes/policies. Turkish institutes have been struggling to prevent such maneouvrings we have been facing with investing huge money/effort to develop all critical components on strategic systems. That will lead more independant foreign policy along with a upper hand cost effective offers on export markets. I think such transmission, blade, all type engine, steering components...etc lose the sleep of some big states and their shadows who is pretending/claiming to be a technological hub of own region with sanction-free subsystems, components, engines, technology, funds and elements. If we manage to finish those critical projects successfuly, Western states will have to be modest on their policies on some states they systematically applied terms like “obey my policies”, “Be friendly with states I want”, “guarantee me not to use my weapons on some regions” . Export oriented countries like Russia, China, Turkey should achieve such goals in a short time in order to create many cost effective alternatives. Engine and transmission projects from all front will disturb our “allies”, when they couldn’t prevent our exports on states they don’t support politically. We will see inşallah...

In 3-4 years the TEI turboshaft engine should be integrated to the T129 and in production. Right now, it's either the LHTEC engine or waiting for the TEI turboshaft engine. @cabatli_53

Wish it would take 3-4 years, development to certification approval is going to take 8 years. So if everything goes to plan by 2025 Turkey would have a 1400shp turbine engine type certified to international standards.

Wish it would take 3-4 years, development to certification approval is going to take 8 years. So if everything goes to plan by 2025 Turkey would have a 1400shp turbine engine type certified to international standards.
There's also the option of fitting some Safran engine (e.g. Ardiden), but that will cost some money and require time as well. Anyways, all this is moot. In the end, Pakistan tested the T129 with the LHTEC CTS800, Pakistan was impressed with the CTS800, and Pakistan wants to buy the CTS800. It's up to Pakistan now to talk to Honeywell and Rolls-Royce to see if it can get d-level MRO for the CTS800. That will help in terms of sustaining the T129.

88a633243a610e81e9334a1c30ae4b99.jpeg

AH-249

Turkey and Italy get rid of the A-129 / T-129
be9fde5baa7579da1dd429a127479407.jpeg

In order to manufacture an attack helicopter with the real capabilities of Jordan, Tunisia , Morocco and Jordan all refuse purchase T-129 simply because the aircraft Ka-52 and the Mi-28 aircraft are much better than half the price offered by Turkey
b5989ed212a7b0eec99adcd5ba3f3263.jpeg

Even l the Z-10 Chinese engine with a capacity of 1600 KW/2400HP is ready for production, which will give it the ability to approach the AH-64 , Which is the reason for the Poor T-129 high price

f0d625510be412d6c5ecf753f36fb141.jpeg

The best for Pakistan to go directly to Italy Why make the Turks an intermediary
4576c7d2ffdae1e62de08bc0395f2cd8.jpeg

Attachments

• DM2BtMnWsAM3Yow.jpg
    DM2BtMnWsAM3Yow.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 26
View attachment 434192
AH-249

Turkey and Italy get rid of the A-129 / T-129
View attachment 434193

In order to manufacture an attack helicopter with the real capabilities of Jordan, Tunisia , Morocco and Jordan all refuse purchase T-129 simply because the aircraft Ka-52 and the Mi-28 aircraft are much better than half the price offered by Turkey
View attachment 434195
Even l the Z-10 Chinese engine with a capacity of 1600 KW/2400HP is ready for production, which will give it the ability to approach the AH-64 , Which is the reason for the Poor T-129 high price

View attachment 434197
The best for Pakistan to go directly to Italy Why make the Turks an intermediary
View attachment 434196
Turks use better engine and has better version as compared to Italian one

I think they just used your helicopter as a poster child because of its paint job I guess.
I can't read what's written on the poster but the helicopter on the left is Indian ALH Dhruv.
I think the poster says the engine you are developing can be used with Dhruv helicopter.

1200px-Dhruv-Sarang-J4063-400.jpg

qEg6Ad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom