What's new

Pakistan Army leads world forces with zero-percent suicide rate

@Areesh give them this advice:

tntc.gif

Denial model level :Bharti:
:rofl: did you just say that the denial mode was at the model known as Bharti level? :rofl:

Mods please kindly clear someone of the nonsense from this thread.

I think the takeaway for the readers here is that in the Pakistani armed forces, suicide has not been a problem which has required a focused program to deal with. Individual cases of suicide and murder do arise from time to time, but in almost 100% of the cases, it is due to personal problems and not so because of the duty being performed by the troops in the missions assigned to them. So PTSD, which is commonly the main cause of depression and suicide amongst uniformed personnel, has not resulted in suicides in the Pakistani troops and given the ongoings of the past 8 years, there has been a lot of combat seen by the troops. Faith definitely has a very strong part to play in this along with the close-knit family system which helps troops deal with stress.

Last edited:
I think the takeaway for the readers here is that in the Pakistani armed forces, suicide has not been a problem which has required a focused program to deal with it. Individual cases of suicide and murder do arise from time to time, but in almost 100% of the cases, it is due to personal problems and not so because of the duty being performed by the troops in the missions assigned to them. So PTSD, which is commonly the main cause of depression and suicide amongst uniformed personnel, has not resulted in suicides in the Pakistani troops and given the ongoings of the past 8 years, there has been a lot of combat seen by the troops. Faith definitely has a very strong part to play in this along with the close-knit family system which helps troops deal with stress.
reasonably good and balanced answer.. but zero is a number difficult to believe... may be even a few who did commit suicide due to PTSD were not made part of stats.... :pop:

reasonably good and balanced answer.. but zero is a number difficult to believe... may be even a few who did commit suicide due to PTSD were not made part of stats.... :pop:

By zero meaning - negligible, {meaning} - when you have tens of thousands of soldiers in the field - fighting a brutal and fierce war, often in hand to hand combat - with a enemy that knows no moral or ethical boundary, less than 20 cases of PTSD related homicide or suicide is a massive achievement. (in 12 years)

And is statistically as close to zero - you can get.

Regarding the reasons why it is so low, IMO there are a number of reasons, which I will list.

1) Great unit level, Regimental support - from both senior NCO's and Officers.
2) Tight religious and moral support.
3) Understanding from, spouse, family, friends, community/clan/tribe.

Possibly, but again in a million man military this in negligible. See Rafi's post.

@Akheilos

The source is Sabah which one of Turkey's top newspapers.

A total of 1,202 soldiers took their own lives between 2001 and 2014 and the highest death toll from suicides was in 2002, with 157 soldiers committing suicide. Since then, the number of suicides has declined. 59 soldiers took their own lives in in 2013 and the number dropped to 40 this year as of December.

Military: suicides linked to domestic problems - Daily Sabah

Tell me one more country where the army owns so much % of the whole economy? Just tell me one another civilized country? (not North Korea or Somalia). I promise I will leave this debate this moment.

IA, PLA, America, Russia, SL, B/D, Australia, UK, Germany, France?? These economies are 10-50 times bigger then Pakistan, but these armies don't have business interests as big as PA.

Have you ever researched American Corporations run by Ex-CIA, EX-NSA, EX-ARMED forces people?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom