What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

If we had negotiate, we could have gotten Z10 with ToT in 2015. Kamra would have been making them now.
Instead we got seduced by Vipers and T129.
Thats great. They would have gotten a platform that testing found unsuitable. And TOT would not be guaranteed.
MD530 is a good option I don't think US would have an issue can add in very good numbers since they are cheap
To quote the largest user of the MD530 (Afghanistan)

"Colonel Qalandari, Afghan Air Force pilot, “It’s unsafe to fly, the engine is too weak, the tail rotor is defective and it’s not armored. If we go down after the enemy we’re going to have enemy return fire, which we can’t survive. If we go up higher, we can’t visually target the enemy "

Thats great. They would have gotten a platform that testing found unsuitable. And TOT would not be guaranteed.

Better than the current, which is no platforms, except those on paper and those that do exist are falling apart.

Yaad aa rahi hai ... teri yaad aa rahi hai

This one is for our brothers in Bahrain
1632980222985.png

While I agree that not having proper replacement in service at the moment is a matter of concern, there is simply no way buying the Z-10 in its original form was a good decision when it cannot withstand the geography of the country.

Without proper filters and weak engines it was neither suitable for deserts nor for mountains. I would rather take an obsolete AH-1F over a non-functional Z-10 any day, and PA (and probably the soldier on the ground) would also agree with me once his air-support is canceled because sand got in its engines. You cannot replace something that’s bad because Of age with something that’s bad because of a lack of features, especially when you have a limited budget.

PA made the correct decision by trying to pursue AH-1Z and T129B as they were the better options at the time, they couldn’t not predict how things would turn out, and as we know they turned out pretty bad. But now hopefully the PAA will get good gunships for the right cost, rather than bad gunships for the same cost. All things considered, this outcome is not the worst, that is, If PA can get said better helicopters quickly. Neither outcome was ideal though.
Kindly elaborate "Cost"

Last edited:
PAA waiting for T-129.
Tiger Attack Helicopter is out of reach.
same as US made helicopter are out of reach.
What is left Now China & Russia.

Our R&D department is sleeping while indian making HAL Attack Helicopter.

HAL Light Combat Helicopter
HAL Rudra
HAL Dhruv
HAL Light Utility Helicopter
HAL Chetak

If we announce Tatelt Hunt program Pakistan can get Thousends of Ideas to Make Helicopter our Students are sharp minded if some good people handel them they will show what they can make.
NED University and other have many brillent mind.

Back
Top Bottom