What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Is it better than t129?
Definitely. Older Z-10s had weak engines and a lack of particle filters that caused issues in our environments, however the ME variant is massively upgraded and the ones PA gets will be further modified to our standard. I’m hoping they get Millimeter wave radars with them, they have been tested on Z-10ME and are standard on Z-19.

The decision to not buy the Z10 was a mistake. Chasing the AH1Z and T129 cost us.
We are definitely buying the Z-10, just not the early variant. I believe a more "specialized" variant is being developed for Pakistan's hot and high requirements. I guess somebody in GHQ knew Americans weren't going to deliver.

We are definitely buying the Z-10, just not the early variant. I believe a more "specialized" variant is being developed for Pakistan's hot and high requirements. I guess somebody in GHQ knew Americans weren't going to deliver.
The ME is already specialized for those roles as it was developed after the M variant was rejected by PAA. It has more powerful engines that work better in high altitudes as well as hot temperatures as well as a proper dust filtration system That the M variant did not have, The rest of the upgrades on it pretty significant too. PAs version will have some further customizations on top of that, something like our VT4s.

Need about 100 Z-10 Gunships , we have lot of territory to cover
If it was me Z-10 would have already reached 60-70 Units figures by now between 2015-2020

Z-10 was no strings attached Gunship

And now the decision to buy Z-10ME is in the mix so it all worked out.

ideally PA would have wanted Both AH-1Z and T129B as they could use the same weapons package and worked on NATO standard systems, continuing on with PAs current fleet of helicopters, that’s why Z-10 was overlooked (plus the fact that original Z10M PA tested wasn’t good enough, especially its engines).

However with both those options off the table and Z-10ME now available, That option seems likely, that will also dictate PAs future heavy gunship pick as they’ll want to go for a system that works well alongside Z-10 and can hopefully use the same weapons and parts (hence a Chinese Heavy gunship would be ideal). However T929 and other options will likely remain on the table.
If it was me Z-10 would have already reached 60-70 Units figures by now between 2015-2020
Too many. Too expensive. And it’s unlikely PA will get any sort of ToT with it sadly.
PA will likely order 30 in the first batch (or in total). Keep in mind they don’t just want one type.
Fennecs, Mi35M3s (possibly more on order), Z-10MEs and hopefully a future heavy gunship will bring the fleet close to a hundred.

Z-10 was no strings attached Gunship
Thinking about the broader picture with logistics, ease of use/training as well as ToT and local upgradation/modification options, T-129B made total sense, especially with the version of Z-10 that was present then. Not to mention putting all our eggs in the China basket isn’t the smartest thing anyways, however Now things are different and the Z-10ME is a very good gunship, better than T-129B in fact. So let’s hope they come in soon, the delay in purchase has been bad but at least we’re getting a significantly improved product.

Super Cobra = Strings Attached - no chance (2009-2015 people claimed it was being ordered)
T-129 = Engine , Strings Attached , Slow procurement

Z-10 = Abundant , Armed with Rockets , proper gunship - no strings attached we can easily get 100 units

The gap needs to be filled urgently for Gunship and also Increase the Tanks Count
The tank count is very loop sided

In Ideal case ,
  • we need 100 Gunships
  • We need 1500 Tanks (Newer Generation)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom