What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

In a world where PAK-US relations weren’t an issue at all, if these came back to the table, they would be the only good choice for PA.

They did not reject it, they wanted the US to pay because they were dirt poor, that is the reality of it. They were absolutely cash strapped with the war on terror. Otherwise they would not be ordering 12 aircraft (remember that 15 were offered and we only accepted 12) to replace 50 aircraft. AH-1Z is not a cheap aircraft (The weaponry Pakistan wanted with it even more so). There were no banks or such in the US to finance them the same way we do from Turkey and China. They wanted Pakistan to pay all the money upfront.
PA could never have seen such deterioration in relations coming their way, they simply hoped they could convince the US to pay for them by CSF, which frankly they weren’t wrong to try it.

And I will diss and praise what I please based on the reality of the facts. I know how Z-10K performed and how much of a difference Z-10ME makes. I know how they both compare to T-129B and AH-1Z, and I know how good the AH-1Z is. Aik to Pakistanion Ko Thora such bata do to pehle hi gussa kar dete hain.

Z-10M, the one Pakistan tested initially, had a WZ-9C engine making 1000KW of power. The WZ-16 in ME makes 1200+ kW and is better rated for hot and dusty climates. Z10ME can carry more ordinance (which actually brings it on par with its class, it was below the others before), can fly faster, higher, for longer and has better engine reliability due to less load.
Also Z10ME Adds: active and passive countermeasures, (only Passive in the M), missile approach warning system (M had one but not of this size and capability) , new engine exhaust nozzle pointed upwards to reduce infrared signature, new intake filtration systems (dusty climates…) and armor panels, more powerful 1200 kW engine, larger ammunition magazine, appliqué graphene-based armor panels, infrared jammer, and a new IFF interrogator (none of this present in the M).
And I already compared it to the AH-1Z above.
So how would I call Z-10M comparable to Z-10ME after all of this?
PA has strict standards for what they procure, and the Z-10M was simply not a good helicopter.

Kindly do some basic research before leaving such aggressive comments and becoming emotional next time.

Brother if you think 10 years is too much age for a weapon then Pakistan should retire 95% of its weaponry. Please be realistic with regards to the situation of the country.

Obviously there was an element of CSF that pulled the PA towards the AH-1Z, but that does not discount what I said about its capabilities or it logistically making sense for the PA. CSF was just supposed to be the cherry on top. US industry wouldn’t gain anything from Pakistan ordering 12 helicopters and 8 aircraft when they sell hundreds every year.
my understanding is that something was discussed in IK first american visit
and somethings were surely promised
125 million was released on the spot for overhauling and all
i wouldn’t be surprised if we get a surprise about american equipment

There was some news about the Ah1z being released. But that's just heresay.... Plus its from khafee

There was some news about the Ah1z being released. But that's just heresay.... Plus its from khafee
i didn’t say anything about khafee or anyone
i m just stating facts
and whts in the news
khafee is the most respected member in our forum i hope he comes back soon
@Khafee

Have not been following that. I tend not to believe in any of the promises until I see something delivered, maybe something was discussed that we don’t know about.

There is too much trust deficit between US and Pakistan
Promises were made just to get benefits

Lol that guy can't be trusted for shit
From JH-7 to Block 72s
Apparently everything except for the star wars intergalactic space ship has landed in Pakistan
All you need to do is roll down to the nearest PAF base

Lol that guy can't be trusted for shit
From JH-7 to Block 72s
Apparently everything except for the star wars intergalactic space ship has landed in Pakistan
All you need to do is roll down to the nearest PAF base
NO NO NO you seem to misunderstand. He only made a small claim of a Death star touching down in Sargodha air base.

Does anyone here know the perhour cost of operating a Mi-17? And a Super Mushak?

Does anyone here know the perhour cost of operating a Mi-17? And a Super Mushak?
I found this from an article.
''Operating costs of the Mi-17 are so low that Colombian helicopter operator Vertical Aviation, in operation for more than 20 years, flies 16 Mi-17s, mainly in oil-support operations. It was the first to operate the big 26-passenger Russian turbine twins in the Western Hemisphere and over the last 10 years has put about 75,000 hours on its fleet".
Here is PDF regarding the per hour cost to fly a heli.

''Operating costs of the Mi-17 are so low that Colombian helicopter operator Vertical Aviation, in operation for more than 20 years, flies 16 Mi-17s, mainly in oil-support operations. It was the first to operate the big 26-passenger Russian turbine twins in the Western Hemisphere and over the last 10 years has put about 75,000 hours on its fleet".

Thanks a lot, will definitely study this

Cuirassier

@leftofthepincer

Air observation posts are underrated.

1628437641073.png

on 1ˢᵗ September 1965, flying in a L-19, Major Sarfaraz Rabbani directed an artillery shoot on enemy gun positions near the Tawi River, bringing in the might of the 4ᵗʰ Corps Artillery. 14 guns were captured. awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.

Great attachment ... briefly went through it. Interesting to see how AH-1Z dominates in the attack heli category and the newer Mi-17 versions are no slouch in transport role combined w cost effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom