What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

The AW109 helicopter can climb at the rate of 9.8m a second. The maximum and cruise speeds of the helicopter are 311km/h and 285km/h respectively.

The service ceiling of the AW109 is 5,974m and the maximum endurance is four hours and 51 minutes. The helicopter weighs around 1,590kg and the maximum take-off weight is 3,000kg.

The cockpit can be equipped with a global positioning navigation system, weather radar and the customer’s choice of frequency-modulated secure communications.

The optional equipment includes a forward-looking infrared and a low light level television camera for surveillance, observation and search, a Spectrolab SX-16 searchlight, a retractable MA3 lighting kit

A perfect choice for our northern areas since it was built for the mountains.And we could have gotten TOT since the Italians are quite nice to us but we chose the French Eurocopter Fennec instead.

AW109 has my heart

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 46
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 42
The AW109 helicopter can climb at the rate of 9.8m a second. The maximum and cruise speeds of the helicopter are 311km/h and 285km/h respectively.

The service ceiling of the AW109 is 5,974m and the maximum endurance is four hours and 51 minutes. The helicopter weighs around 1,590kg and the maximum take-off weight is 3,000kg.

The cockpit can be equipped with a global positioning navigation system, weather radar and the customer’s choice of frequency-modulated secure communications.

The optional equipment includes a forward-looking infrared and a low light level television camera for surveillance, observation and search, a Spectrolab SX-16 searchlight, a retractable MA3 lighting kit

A perfect choice for our northern areas since it was built for the mountains.And we could have gotten TOT since the Italians are quite nice to us but we chose the French Eurocopter Fennec instead.

AW109 has my heart
China builds this chopper under a joint-venture.

Lol that guy can't be trusted for shit
From JH-7 to Block 72s
Apparently everything except for the star wars intergalactic space ship has landed in Pakistan
All you need to do is roll down to the nearest PAF base

We never seem to listen and learn, what else US have to say to us that we will understand short of piss off.

Great attachment ... briefly went through it. Interesting to see how AH-1Z dominates in the attack heli category and the newer Mi-17 versions are no slouch in transport role combined w cost effectiveness.
Mi17 I believe is more robust of a work horse when compared to its American cousin Black Hawk.

AW109 has my heart
There is no helicopter in the world that can compete with the Ecureuil/Fennec when it comes to operating in high altitude mountainous terrain. I think it is the only helicopter in the world to have landed on Mt. Everest. Can the AW-109 even attempt this?

PA chose the right helicopter for its needs. Himalayas are the highest area in the world and not comparable to european mountain areas. After the erstwhile Lama, it is the only helicopter that has operated successfully in this region. It is heavily used in Nepal aswell for the same reason.

You need to look at how many AW-109's are used in really high altitude rescue scenarios anywhere in the world compared to the Fennec? Even other than himalayas, in very high altitude environments the Fennec is preferred around the world.

Last edited:
There is no helicopter in the world that can compete with the Ecureuil/Fennec when it comes to operating in high altitude mountainous terrain. I think it is the only helicopter in the world to have landed on Mt. Everest. Can the AW-109 even attempt this?

PA chose the right helicopter for its needs. Himalayas are the highest area in the world and not comparable to european mountain areas. After the erstwhile Lama, it is the only helicopter that has operated successfully in this region. It is heavily used in Nepal aswell.

You need to look at how many AW-109's are used in really high altitude rescue scenarios anywhere in the world compared to the Fennec? Even other than himalayas, in very high altitude environments the Fennec is preferred around the world.
Not AW109 bit I believe AW139 has awesome hot and high credentials. It is not used in Siachen cuz I believe paf doesn't fly helicopters in that area??

PA chose the right helicopter for its needs. Himalayas are the highest area in the world and not comparable to european mountain areas. After the erstwhile Lama, it is the only helicopter that has operated successfully in this region. It is heavily used in Nepal aswell.

You may be right but to my heart the AW109 is a special platform it can perform a plethora of missions more than the Eurocopter fennec at least (I hate that little shit Eurocopter....Maybe it's personal grudge)whilst being affordable.And the best bit is the Italians are TOT friendly.But what can we do time has past.
Not AW109 bit I believe AW139 has awesome hot and high credentials. It is not used in Siachen cuz I believe paf doesn't fly helicopters in that area??
Aw109 is rated for hot and high but never trialed it

Army aviation needs to get it's shit together.The MI 171s are perfectly capable medium lift helis they are here for a good while.But what about the pumas they need a good replacement, I was thinking of super pumas the bigger brother of the pumas they compliment the MI 171s perfectly,These two platforms are perfect,Quite similar in troop and cargo capacity whilst being cheap and reliable, Whilst the Bell 412 act as the perfect balance for these two platforms. In short we need Super Pumas

Army aviation needs to get it's shit together.The MI 171s are perfectly capable medium lift helis they are here for a good while.But what about the pumas they need a good replacement, I was thinking of super pumas the bigger brother of the pumas they compliment the MI 171s perfectly,These two platforms are perfect,Quite similar in troop and cargo capacity whilst being cheap and reliable, Whilst the Bell 412 act as the perfect balance for these two platforms. In short we need Super Pumas

UK is looking closely at AW149 which it sees as perfect Puma replacement, makes sense for us to look at it too considering we operate the AW139 in significant numbers now. Better give money to the Italians then to the f**king French.

UK is looking closely at AW149 which it sees as perfect Puma replacement, makes sense for us to look at it too considering we operate the AW139 in significant numbers now. Better give money to the Italians then to the f**king French.
Best part is Italians will give us TOT if we order enough platforms but PAA doesn't learn

Back
Top Bottom