What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

This news has been known for quite some time. @iLION12345_1
I thought so too. We have been hearing of this order for at least 1 year if not more. So perhaps the order has been finalized. I still dont understand what is happening on the attack helicopter front and what PAA is doing.
A

I thought so too. We have been hearing of this order for at least 1 year if not more. So perhaps the order has been finalized. I still dont understand what is happening on the attack helicopter front and what PAA is doing.
A
It was always my understanding that these were for SOF missions. The ability to drop operators then give them CAS. In a full war they would still be of use as tank busters with the Kornets.

«The Chinese side will import 36 Ka-52K Katran or Ka-52M heavy-armed helicopters from Russia for $20 million each».

Only $20 million per helicopter. This is such a good deal. The KA-52 is among the best Attack Helicopters in the world. Arguably among the top 3 best in the world. We signed a deal for 30 T129 ATAK for $1.5 billion. That’s $50 million for each helicopter. Dont Get me wrong. The T129 ATAK is a good Attack Helicopter dont get me wrong, but $50 million for each helicopter.... Not worth it. Let alone the fact that we are not receiving them due to the Engine being American origin

Pakistan could have bought 75 KA-52 Attack Helicopters for just $1.5 billion.

«The Chinese side will import 36 Ka-52K Katran or Ka-52M heavy-armed helicopters from Russia for $20 million each».

Only $20 million per helicopter. This is such a good deal. The KA-52 is among the best Attack Helicopters in the world. Arguably among the top 3 best in the world. We signed a deal for 30 T129 ATAK for $1.5 billion. That’s $50 million for each helicopter. Dont Get me wrong. The T129 ATAK is a good Attack Helicopter dont get me wrong, but $50 million for each helicopter.... Not worth it. Let alone the fact that we are not receiving them due to the Engine being American origin

Pakistan could have bought 75 KA-52 Attack Helicopters for just $1.5 billion.
I don't think the Russians would sell them to Pakistan. They are still wrapped up with India.

@PanzerKiel

Is the pantsir back on the table since the blank cheque was offered or is the army still looking for alternatives?
TBH the only thing that would really excite me would be a layered integrated AD system with no gaps S400/s300 /TOR and pantsir. Combine that with The other airforce assets and no more "Surgical strikes"

The FM 90 is a Crotale analogue. i believe They replaced the Crotales.
Crotale is operated by the PAF not PA. FM 90 and Pantasir missile range profile are quite similar ~ 20 kms. Only thing missing is the 30mm twin cannons. FM 90 does have separate tracking/acquisition radar vehicle though.

Back
Top Bottom