What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

tbh the only reason why I'd consider the ATAK at this point is that it turned out as a really good high-altitude ops platform. So, it could serve in a valuable environment both for COIN/CT and anti-armour CAS. But for the latter, the PAA will need a lot more helicopters -- either adopt the ATAK in full and get its production license (as Turkey will opt to move onto the ATAK-2 in 5-10 years), or join ATAK-2.
Bro, why we don’t Focus in procurement of heavy transport helis ?

Bro, why we don’t Focus in procurement of heavy transport helis ?
The Chinook hasn't been available to us, otherwise, the PAA would have surely pursued them through the Excess Defence Articles (EDA) program (as would the PAF for F-16s, PN for S-70s, etc, etc). Otherwise, we don't have a lot of options in that regard, the upper limit of what's on the market is the AW101, but very expensive.

The Chinook hasn't been available to us, otherwise, the PAA would have surely pursued them through the Excess Defence Articles (EDA) program (as would the PAF for F-16s, PN for S-70s, etc, etc). Otherwise, we don't have a lot of options in that regard, the upper limit of what's on the market is the AW101, but very expensive.
Aren’t we interested in AW101 like crazy ? Sir @Khafee mentioned this earlier if i am not wrong with the model

Aren’t we interested in AW101 like crazy ? Sir @Khafee mentioned this earlier if i am not wrong with the model
Not sure if the PAA is interested in the AW101. The PN is/was considering it, but from what I was told, the PN prefers a 9-10 ton platform like S-70. Basically, swap out the Z-9ECs and Sea Kings with one platform for ASW, AShW, troop transport, etc. The S-70 isn't available, so the other option they might look at is the NH90.

Not sure if the PAA is interested in the AW101. The PN is/was considering it, but from what I was told, the PN prefers a 9-10 ton platform like S-70. Basically, swap out the Z-9ECs and Sea Kings with one platform for ASW, AShW, troop transport, etc. The S-70 isn't available, so the other option they might look at is the NH90.
Can any of our ship carry more than one heli at the moment ? I don’t think so

China, Russia and Turkey have some good transport helo programs coming up. Russia and China also have a heavy program in the works.

China came out witht he copycat Blackhawk and Z18(which looks alot like a European product i.e NH90 or AW101, since Chinese have been working with European helo manufacturers recently).
PNS Moawin.

China, Russia and Turkey have some good transport helo programs coming up. Russia and China also have a heavy program in the works.

China came out witht he copycat Blackhawk and Z18(which looks alot like a European product i.e NH90 or AW101, since Chinese have been working with European helo manufacturers recently).
I guess powerplant is still an issue here as well... ???

HeHe!
73475146_2642781355778880_6511333444809654272_o.jpg

2YXDQ.jpg

2Wnwk.jpg

Esquadra-751-FAP-Versao-Kaiser-7.jpg

Esquadra-751-FAP-Versao-Kaiser-8.jpg

eh-101-manutenccca7acc83o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom