What's new

Pakistan approves Gwadar port transfer to China

Making one luxury hotel for a start was a mistake imho. Rich people come once, they spend then they go somewhere else. What is needed is middle class hotels with decent service so that lower to middle class guests who cannot afford to go outside Pakistan come year after year.
Once you establish a decent name for yourself, you continue with conference tourism and similar, gradually adapting services and personnel for guests with higher expectations.

This is a strategy that has worked for 40 years in the lesser known parts of the Mediteranean.

damn should hire you as consultant for the Gwadar port development ;)

I don't disagree with you, I am just not educated on the matter. Which is why I asked for details.
In the sense that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. As such if the string of pearls policy was meant to encirlce and contain India it has only spurred India's own "look East" policy which has borne fruits in the sense the IN has berthing rights in Vietnam now and India has extremely warm and growing relations with Japan and S.Korea not to mention most Asian nations in and around the Pacific-rim are looking to expand ties with India. Additionally India has fortified its Indian Ocean position with increased deployments and upgradation of the remote A&N islands not to mention expanding ties with smaller IOR nations and those nations on the IOR rim.

Whereas the talk of 2-3 years ago was String of pearls this, SoP that- today it is by all accounts irrelevant.

Let's also not forget China's plans for their own backyard have gone seriously awry.

I think there was a thread about this on the forum somewhere, that singapore agreed to this and China wanted to be in the front scene of the development. Something along those lines.

Okay I will not talk about Pakistan no more with you. Do not respond to this and I will not talk to you, fair enough?

you dont have to talk about pakistan with any body esp with your idiotic tone, alright stop pretending to be a pakistani, you will understand lately that you are not one!

Gentlemen - stop fighting.

what are the terms of this agreement?

as for Naval base - well i am one of the many proponents calling for some of the naval assets to be re-located to Gwadar though at the end of the day it's the Govt/Navy/JCSC that can determine whether its needed

you dont have to talk about pakistan with any body esp with your idiotic tone, alright stop being a pakistani, you will understand lately that you are not one!

Okay I am not a Pakistani because his majesty emperor darkinsky has declared it so. However I will still be visiting Punjab whenever I feel like as an American and will let his imperialness darkinsky know when my flight will be touching down in Lahore beforehand so he can stop me. :enjoy: InshAllah I will be making a trip a trip sometime this year, I will pm you the date and my flight number so you can do bring your band baaja. :P

Okay I am not a Pakistani because his majesty emperor darkinsky has declared it so. However I will still be visiting Punjab whenever I feel like as an American and will let his imperialness darkinsky know when my flight will be touching down in Lahore beforehand so he can stop me. :enjoy: InshAllah I will be making a trip a trip sometime this year, I will pm you the date and my flight number so you can do bring your band baaja. :P

i dont have any authority to stop you , stop being a fool, thats not what im implying, im saying you talk about punjab as much as you want, but dont talk about pakistan alright?, and stop pretending to behave as a pakistani

its a fact that you are not, stop have dual personality issue, you are either representing american interest here or a pakistani interest here

sorry to say but i got what you said about baloch and balochistan and punjab and i got very much offended and the comment you brought in punjab, you are just trying to create a fight between two pakistanis here

you can go and visit you punjab in india and talk about punjabis ruling india or what ever the blah blah and stupidity coming out of your mouth and see how indian punjabis treat you

im not a pakistani punjabi but if i were i would react in the same way

do you get my point bro?

In the sense that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. As such if the string of pearls policy was meant to encirlce and contain India it has only spurred India's own "look East" policy which has borne fruits in the sense the IN has berthing rights in Vietnam now and India has extremely warm and growing relations with Japan and S.Korea not to mention most Asian nations in and around the Pacific-rim are looking to expand ties with India. Additionally India has fortified its Indian Ocean position with increased deployments and upgradation of the remote A&N islands not to mention expanding ties with smaller IOR nations and those nations on the IOR rim.

Whereas the talk of 2-3 years ago was String of pearls this, SoP that- today it is by all accounts irrelevant.

Let's also not forget China's plans for their own backyard have gone seriously awry.

I always though China was looking for alternative routes to bypass IN in the straight of Malacca. Not necessarily trying to encircle India but just outright avoid crossing paths with them. :coffee: I do not think the Chinese seriously expect to ever be able to dominate IN in the Indian Ocean, that would be absurd.

I don't know who has invented this bullsh1t string pearl, China is interest port development only for economical purpose, we has not use as Naval base,I hope India should get away from thinking that the sole purpose Chinese port development in Indian ocean is to contain India.

Gwadar Port

Gwadar.jpg

Gwadar-Port-Pakistan.jpg

Do you really think, Gwadar can connect to Turkmenistan through Iran when Iran is constructing her own North South Corridor between Chabahar and Mashhad.

i dont have any authority to stop you , stop being a fool, thats not what im implying, im saying you talk about punjab as much as you want, but dont talk about pakistan alright?, and stop pretending to behave as a pakistani

its a fact that you are not, stop have dual personality issue, you are either representing american interest here or a pakistani interest here

sorry to say but i got what you said about baloch and balochistan and punjab and i got very much offended and the comment you brought in punjab, you are just trying to create a fight between two pakistanis here

you can go and visit you punjab in india and talk about punjabis ruling india or what ever the blah blah and stupidity coming out of your mouth and see how indian punjabis treat you

im not a pakistani punjabi but if i were i would react in the same way

do you get my point bro?

Okay so basically you got irked because I defended the USA in some other thread and now are crying like a clown because I should always side with Pakistan even if they are wrong in any instance?? Since in one thread I am going to assume you are talking about the thread I was in yesterday where I was talking to havizsultan and he asked me why I defended US against Pakistan I took the US point of view since you know it was right in that regard I have forfeited my right to speak about Pakistan at all.

Yes I get your point, you are a kid who is irked off because I have a different point of view on some issues. What I said about Baloch leaders blaming Punjabis was also right and I will not take that back but by all means you are free to complain about me to whoever you want.

Gentlemen - stop fighting.

what are the terms of this agreement?

as for Naval base - well i am one of the many proponents calling for some of the naval assets to be re-located to Gwadar though at the end of the day it's the Govt/Navy/JCSC that can determine whether its needed

Don't you think any Chinese naval base in Gwadar is repeating the same mistake when Pakistan provided military base to America during cold war.

Okay so basically you got irked because I defended the USA in some other thread and now are crying like a clown because I should always side with Pakistan even if they are wrong in any instance?? Since in one thread I am going to assume you are talking about the thread I was in yesterday where I was talking to havizsultan and he asked me why I defended US against Pakistan I took the US point of view since you know it was right in that regard I have forfeited my right to speak about Pakistan at all.

Yes I get your point, you are a kid who is irked off because I have a different point of view on some issues. What I said about Baloch leaders blaming Punjabis was also right and I will not take that back but by all means you are free to complain about me to whoever you want.

cut that monkey talk, bullshiitt will you??, i understand what you are upto here dear, and i understand you here fully, dont take me as some kid, yes your comments are very pro american, but i dont think you are being illogical, you are defending your country and even you were born in punjab doesnt automatically make you a pakistani, you are an american citizen and you have taken a vow of defending american values and i have no arguements with that

im pissed off when you started talking crap out your mouth in our internal matters

as i said if you go to india and start talking about punjabi supremacy and taking crap out of every other non punjabi, the indian punjabis will start beating you

stop pretending to be a pakistan which you are not ok

i can talk about anti punjabi stuff or anti other ethnicity stuff here, which im not going to, its none of your business, and i would only talk that stuff to my fellow country men not your rubbish american out here, ok? is it clear enough for you now?

every where you talk about punjab punjab punjab, well punjab is not a free country, its part of pakistan, if you wanna talk about punjab go ahead, but dont ever talk bad about pakistan,

Don't you think any Chinese naval base in Gwadar is repeating the same mistake when Pakistan provided military base to America during cold war.

Since when China is interested to use Gwadar as naval base? China has never set a base beyong in own boundary, unless China can afford military budget as U.S.A and even that il won't happen in this century.

I don't know who has invented this bullsh1t string pearl, China is interest port development only for economical purpose, we has not use as Naval base,I hope India should get away from thinking that the sole purpose Chinese port development in Indian ocean is to contain India.
I agree I feel that the String of Pearls notion was blown up by certain elemants. The devlopments have only ever looked commercial with very little to no Chinese military involvement in any place.

Since when China is interested to use Gwadar as naval base? China has never set a base beyong in own boundary, unless China can afford military budget as U.S.A and even that il won't happen in this century.

Chinese may not be interested but everyone seems to be convinced in Pakistan that Chinese built a naval base at Gwadar.

Back
Top Bottom