What's new

Pakistan approves Gwadar port transfer to China

0_201008011625013PT3T.jpg

20110501103857964.jpg

Now watch the Mountain monkeys (BLA) go ape on this..
Every little brats in Baluchistan thinks that the whole province is their property..."Baap kii Jageer".

Punjabis need to kick some sense into the Baloch, saar paar chariaya wah hai. :sniper:

You need to bugger the Chinese to invest in more then just the industrial port. And to come on vacation to spend some yuan!

When the work is done tourism will follow.

I'm telling you guys Pakistan is sit on the most important geopolitic and geostrategic location in the current situation, it's a cross road to many energy roads either China, India...no wonder people call Pakistan as PIPE-kistan...Pakistan will make billions of royalty over enery transportation across the country for decade to come, hope Pakistan don't miss the window of opportunity.

If Pakistan properly manage this golden opportunity, it will be a huge boost to national economy and make itself as one of the whealty country of South Asia.

I'm telling you guys Pakistan is sit on the most important geopolitic and geostrategic in the current situation, it a cross road to many energy roads either China, India...no wonder people call Pakistan as PIPE-kistan...Pakistan will make billions of royaly over enery transportation across the country for decade to come, hope Pakistan don't miss the window of opportunity.

If Pakistan properly manage this golden opportunity, it will be a huge boost to national economy and make itself as one of the whealty country of South Asia.

You are right all Pakistan needs is leadership to benefit immensly. When Gwadar is done the benefits will be huge for both China and Pakistan.

China can make a difference here.

Gawadar has the potential to be second most powerful city after Karachi.

You need to bugger the Chinese to invest in more then just the industrial port. And to come on vacation to spend some yuan!

Gwadar is the only gate way to get to Middle east for western section of China, once this link to China is fully operational, alot of opportunity will present by itselfs.

When the work is done tourism will follow.

Some pretty hard core idealism.

Dont make any delusions, this is only to bypass Malacca straits in case of war, although i have a difficult time imagining Gwadar unloading as much goods as a few Chinese heavy industry/container ports.

Similarly, due to Chinese policy of non intrusion they won't do anything to remedy the safety which as far as i understand the biggest obstacle for development. You (Pakistan) will have to do this by themselves. You will have to do something anyway, the rail-line looks like it is going through FATA, though i can be wrong. Ain't no free rides in this world.

Gwadar is the only gate way to get to Middle east for western section of China, once this link to China is fully operational, alot of opportunity will present by itselfs.

What i wrote above can function as an answer to you as well.

Dont make any delusions, this is only to bypass Malacca straits in case of war, although i have a difficult time imagining Gwadar unloading as much goods as a few Chinese heavy industry/container ports.

Similarly, due to Chinese policy of non intrusion they won't do anything to remedy the safety which as far as i understand the biggest obstacle for development. You (Pakistan) will have to do this by themselves. You will have to do something anyway, the rail-line looks like it is going through FATA, though i can be wrong. Ain't no free rides in this world.

Who is this "you" you keep referring to, I am not in position of power in Pakistan to do anything you just stated. If I was though we wouldn't be having this conversation right now as the port would already be up and running. Also some say the Chinese will be building a naval base there as well although I do not know how much merit this has. If the Chinese are really trying to bypass the straight of Malaca than they will protect their investment. I know the Chinese do not do anything out of the kindness of their hearts, I doubt any of the CCP even have a heart. I think Pakistan will also spend some of its dough to get this upstarted but I do not even think the port itself is complete yet so the railway link is probably still in its initial stages.

It's not delusion nor hard core idealism, China sure know the future importance of Pakistan that why we invest on the port and road infrastructure, the only concern is that some foreign powers will try to put stick on Pakistan's wheel preventing it from progress.

Gwadar will also be the port CAR states would turn to in order to facilitate their own trade. Iran should also ask Pakistan about making roads linking their port Chahbahar to Gwadar by land as well as sea, it would faciliate cross border trade between Iran and Pakistan.

It's not delusion nor hard core idealism, China sure know the future importance of Pakistan that why we invest on the port and road infrastructure, the only concern is that some foreign powers will try to put stick on Pakistan's wheel preventing it from progress.

You guys would not spend so much money if you did not plan on guarding it, is the Myanmar pipeline to China started yet? Some Pakistanis were talking about a naval base in Gwadar for China, is there any talks about this in China??

Who is this "you" you keep referring to

Figure of speach. Sorry..

Pakistan will also spend some of its dough to get this upstarted but I do not even think the port itself is complete yet so the railway link is probably still in its initial stages.

It's already working, but it looks like it has 2 cranes only.

gwadar - Google Maps

I believe Gwadar is important because it is the port that most easily connects to western China, which the CCP is trying to industrialize in order to spread the wealth, which has mostly been on the coast so far.
With most easily i mean distance, the fact that it is in a friendly country etc.

For my personal understanding, did Beijing snatch it away from Singapore or has Singapore just wasted the opportunity or given upon it? Id like to know how Singapore reacts to this. As a loss? With hostility? Could not bother less?

Gwadar will also be the port CAR states would turn to in order to facilitate their own trade. Iran should also ask Pakistan about making roads linking their port Chahbahar to Gwadar by land as well as sea, it would faciliate cross border trade between Iran and Pakistan.

You guys would not spend so much money if you did not plan on guarding it, is the Myanmar pipeline to China started yet? Some Pakistanis were talking about a naval base in Gwadar for China, is there any talks about this in China??

Man as I said Pakistan's potential is beyond description, beside what I mentionned above, CAR states, Afghanistan and Iran connections are other way for Pakistan to do business and earn income...and if the rail extend from Kashgar to Iran then Middle east, Pakistan will be king of the silk road and money will fallen from sky :D

as for Myanmar, the pipe supposely operational this may. as for using Gwadar as naval base...that i have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom