What's new

Pakistan approves Gwadar port transfer to China

^^ Not safe.
Anyhow, does this remind you of something you have in the U.S ?

makran-coastal-highway-pakistan.jpg

Yup Arizona Grand Canyon............lol

I think China should also make a small airbase over there.....

gdr10or.jpg

Gwadar-Port-Pakistan.jpg

Why is there no tourism here? It looks like fishery, fishery and more fishery. Such a picturesque land strip, it would look brilliant with hotels. Mountains in the back could serve for bycicle paths, rock-climbing etc, desert beyond the city for dune buggies....

You really don't appreciate what you have.

yup u r right, it has potential tourism value, not for any bikini girls though :cheesy:

Dying to go there and other places in Balochistan but you know what our Policies have done to us, can not even travel freely in our own country :(

thank the leaders (which some brain-dead slave mentality idiots keep rallying behind) for feudal or material reasons

the potential of Gwadar to be a cash cow for Balochistan/Pakistan is immense. It can create millions of jobs and turn the least developed Province of the nation into the most prosperous and developed.

the issues/blockades are several......mostly political ones, but also some external "rivals" and enemies who don't want to see the plan in action -- which is why they try to arm and support terrorists to instill fear and uncertainty.

it's worth mentioning that NONE of the rival ports in the region (2 which come to mind) offer an all-season warm deep sea port the way Gwadar does

does anyone know the terms regarding this transfer to PRC?

why do you bring punjabis every now and then, are you out of your mind?

Stop blaming Punjabis and I won't bring them up, the Baloch leaders say punjabis try to dominate Balochistan which is why they are underdeveloped.

Yup Arizona Grand Canyon............lol

I think China should also make a small airbase over there.....

gdr10or.jpg

A naval base would be enough for the Chinese to protect their investments.

Stop blaming Punjabis and I won't bring them up, the Baloch leaders say punjabis try to dominate Balochistan which is why they are underdeveloped.

A naval base would be enough for the Chinese to protect their investments.

you are an american, start behaving like one and stop talking on behalf of punjabis and all non sense coming out of your mouth, baloch are as much pakistanis as punjabis are

stop your regional bias right here

Perhaps a more appropriate term would be- the String of pearls has turned out to be a non-starter.

I don't disagree with you, I am just not educated on the matter. Which is why I asked for details.

Gwadar is not developed enough yet, right now, its a port city in middle of no where, it had a luxury hotel which closed down due to lack of tourism. How ever, development is on the full swing, new airport, schools, hospitals, etc.

Making one luxury hotel for a start was a mistake imho. Rich people come once, they spend then they go somewhere else. What is needed is middle class hotels with decent service so that lower to middle class guests who cannot afford to go outside Pakistan come year after year.
Once you establish a decent name for yourself, you continue with conference tourism and similar, gradually adapting services and personnel for guests with higher expectations.

This is a strategy that has worked for 40 years in the lesser known parts of the Mediteranean.

you are an american, start behaving like one and stop talking on behalf of punjabis and all non sense coming out of your mouth, baloch are as much pakistanis as punjabis are

stop your regional bias right here

I have enough family in Punjab to still care about what goes on in Pakistan, how about you worry about Karachi. I never said Baloch are not Pakistani lol, don't put words into my mouth and the person who I quoted (Safriz) can understand what I meant.

Making one luxury hotel for a start was a mistake imho. Rich people come once, they spend then they go somewhere else. What is needed is middle class hotels with decent service so that lower to middle class guests who cannot afford to go outside Pakistan come year after year.
Once you establish a decent name for yourself, you continue with conference tourism and similar, gradually adapting services and personnel for guests with higher expectations.

This is a strategy that has worked for 40 years in the lesser known parts of the Mediteranean.

You are right on this part.

I have enough family in Punjab to still care about what goes on in Pakistan, how about you worry about Karachi. I never said Baloch are not Pakistani lol, don't put words into my mouth and the person who I quoted (Safriz) can understand what I meant.

i have to worry about entire pakistan and not just karachi, but you my fellow should start worrying about your own country and stop worrying about place you dont live

you have taken an oath of american patriotism, not you being from punjab which is part of pakistan means nothing, or if you worry about punjab worry about your own childhood place, and stop talking about pakistan its our matter not yours

dont burden your little head with things you dont understand

alright?

For my personal understanding, did Beijing snatch it away from Singapore or has Singapore just wasted the opportunity or given upon it? Id like to know how Singapore reacts to this. As a loss? With hostility? Could not bother less?

I think there was a thread about this on the forum somewhere, that singapore agreed to this and China wanted to be in the front scene of the development. Something along those lines.

i have to worry about entire pakistan and not just karachi, but you my fellow should start worrying about your own country and stop worrying about place you dont live

you have taken an oath of american patriotism, not you being from punjab which is part of pakistan means nothing, or if you worry about punjab worry about your own childhood place, and stop talking about pakistan its our matter not yours

alright?

Okay I will not talk about Pakistan no more with you. Do not respond to this and I will not talk to you, fair enough?

Back
Top Bottom