What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

This PPP government has never shown a clear stance, they always stand with and against the same thing at the sametime.
All that PPP is doing is for political advantages.

If it is true that India is not disturbing water flow then what the hell are they going to discuss with India on water Issue when India is causing no problem ??

And if India is creating trouble then why they claim its not India's fault !!
Stick to one thing.

I hope that this news is true and its just Pakistan's management fault, it will make it easier for us to sort it out. If the next government will be willing!

I notice a pattern in this forum.

When a party either in Bangladesh or in Pakistan takes a tough stand against India, the members of this forum defend it. When the same entity says something that is both in favour of the country and is according to Indian stand/liking it immediately loses all credibility and a conspiracy theory is proposed.

Neighbours discussing water and water management and the issues related to infrastructure built that can affect this precious resource is common. But allegation of India stealing water is baseless as admitted by the foreign office of Pakistan.

Ya .. that is what we all want. Problems with easier solutions than problems that are hard to crack.

:cheers:

If the news is authentic then it is a good statement. If enough positive comments come from both sides, then animosity will reduce.

The news is authentic, as I saw it on a video on some website, the link for which was provided here itself on defence.pk.

And shortage of water can only take place if India diverts the water, which it does not, and cannot, as per the treaty. So all India can do is hold the water for a very short duration of time to produce power - very much compliant with the treaty.

@ ramu n prometheus
the point simply is that this rhetoric was started by govt. n hence the belief of many people on the forum
n pakistan gave rights to india to build dams under indus water treaty but the %age was not 50n pakistan has issues with the design of the dam..ADB has already suggested india to alter its design..i dint hear that the designs were changed...

as i said these statements are just to make the situation light...pakistan has concerns with dams india is building n intends to build..

Yeah I agree with you on that one. And India building dams is of course another concern for our future supplies, ( i forgot it in my last post).

I notice a pattern in this forum.

When a party either in Bangladesh or in Pakistan takes a tough stand against India, the members of this forum defend it. When the same entity says something that is both in favour of the country and is according to Indian stand/liking it immediately loses all credibility and a conspiracy theory is proposed.

It shouldn't be generalised. We are all individuals here and our opinions resemble just our own thoughts and points of view.

And as your post record shows that you are here from quite some time on the forum and by now you should have found out that People of Pakistan and those on the forum are highly against PPP and no body supports them and I din't point out on PPP for just the water issue, I said they never take a firm stand on any issue, PPP's politicians always move back n forth whichever way it suites them.

@ ramu n prometheus
the point simply is that this rhetoric was started by govt. n hence the belief of many people on the forum
n pakistan gave rights to india to build dams under indus water treaty but the %age was not 50n pakistan has issues with the design of the dam..ADB has already suggested india to alter its design..i dint hear that the designs were changed...

neutral judge as you said it was ADB or can be World bank.

Pakistan has only took one case to them and sorry to say that wasnt helpful to pakistan as India was only told to reduced some height.......thats it.

we havent utilized the treaty to its best................now Indian govt. is spending on Infrastructure ...............so here we go.
We have proposed around 40-50 dams in Kashmir...............anyone can tell that to keep them running majority of dams will be of run off type.

Kashmir is not the only part where govt. is building dams..............few weeks ago it was in news that govt. planned 40-50 dams on Ganga river which were objected by Sandhus of haridwar and other religious site as they dont want ganga to be restricted.

In Indian Punjab, state govt. is even building dams on canals:toast_sign:

To continue growing , power is necessary.............thats why so much happening( India even build dams in Bhutan):taz:

Yeah I agree with you on that one. And India building dams is of course another concern for our future supplies, ( i forgot it in my last post).

dont worry India is buiding only 45 dams .....to keep all working .....we cant store water:cheers:

It shouldn't be generalised. We are all individuals here and our opinions resemble just our own thoughts and points of view.

And as your post record shows that you are here from quite some time on the forum and by now you should have found out that People of Pakistan and those on the forum are highly against PPP and no body supports them and I din't point out on PPP for just the water issue, I said they never take a firm stand on any issue, PPP's politicians always move back n forth whichever way it suites them.

well guess its hard time to come in power in Pakistan.:pop:

neutral judge as you said it was ADB or can be World bank.

Pakistan has only took one case to them and sorry to say that wasnt helpful to pakistan as India was only told to reduced some height.......thats it.
so was the height reduced??i dont think so...

the oly solution lies is to build dams on the pakistans side in order to control water wastage(as it goes to sea unused)

And people like Saeed are already calling for war against India for this reason..............
In the end common people is fooled.

This should educate many members on the truth .. The 3rd video deals with Water issue, the 1st 2 are about Kashmir dispute .. Pakistani media, don't label it as "Indian propaganda".

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Second video ...again abt Kashmir ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjsSv37WGc&feature=related

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

3rd video .. about Water dispute ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving aside all the rhetoric , Pakistani farmers and industrialists need to start placing pressure on their Ministry of Water Affairs to commence building of dams. The water which is being wasted or "mismanaged" on the Pakistani side is a huge amount and the losers are all of us who share the water. No sensible Indian would want to see Pakistan "turned into a desert" as this would result in a global catastrophe and obviously India would bear the brunt of such a result since it cannot refuse Pakistani refugees entry into India if there is a water crisis in Pakistan. Hopefully now that talks have commenced, there can be a joint discussion of joint funding between Pakistan and India to construct dams and accordingly to conserve water for both nations. There has to be some joint management of the source of the water as well to ensure that all nations utilising the source comply with the quotas in terms of the IWT. They say that 2 heads are better than 1 when trying to solve a problem and hopefully Pakistan and India will use this approach when conserving water which without argument is the most important asset of both nations

Qureshi.. was till now a big mouth and a show off.. but these comments are kinda objectiveymade.. and its good to see he is not taking the other wise good polictal issue.. which can be raked up to generate a public opinion..!!! We need more and more comments like these from both sides to bring back the trust.. that we never had..!!!! If india is wrong india should say we are wrong.. if pakistan is wrong they should say thy are wrong..!! It will do only good if peple own up their own mistakes rater than passin the buk

Back
Top Bottom