What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Let them. I guess Modi will deliver the water like some glorified water boy from football games , once the Chinese get involved.

Yup. After all everyone has a right to live in own lalaland so why can't these bharatis. :)

Actually all those cussing Modi as that accursed baniya didn't do so in vain.What was left neglected , but in plain sight , in the various news reports stemming out of India ( obviously authored by bleeding heart liberal journalists - the kind who'd not mind India sacrificing anything for peace ), sighing relief over the fact that India would not deviate or abrogate the IWT but exercise it's power to utilise what is in effect it's share of three Eastern rivers as well as 20& of the western most rivers to whose waters Pakistan lays claim , was the fact that India would restart work over the Tulbul project & would not be attending the IWT bi annual meet , held regularly since the treaty was signed , even in 1971 & 1999.

This means that hydrological data won't be shared , meetings postponed regularly & abruptly, commitments half heartedly fulfilled etc.In other words, to quote Sartaj Aziz , India is committing an act of war without actually declaring it.

The import of this piece of news is that India , in effect , will gradually consign the IWT to the dustbin without actually doing so.The new narrative is that in due course of time you'd see plans for dams across all 6 rivers covered under the IWT described variously as run of the water dams , barrages, etc whose sole aim would be to control the flow of the rivers - to gradually reduce & divert the flow of such rivers over which Pakistan is entitled to exercise it's privilege .

India seems to have taken a page out of the Chinese here.For that's exactly what is happening over the Brahmaputra on the Tibetan side.As far as the Chinese go , their attempt would be to quietly fan the fire here so as to emerge as the ultimate arbiter in Indo Pak 's vexed relationship .They wouldn't interfere or drop broad hints .They'd do exactly what they want to without offering any justifications & clarifications for their act.Whether it's building a dam over the Sutlej or diverting the flow of the Brahmaputra.Remember this , the leverage that China enjoys over the rivers running from Tibet into India is far far lower than the leverage India enjoys over rivers running into Pakistan & Bangladesh through India .If the Indus is dammed in China, J & K would be affected but Pakistani Punjab utterly ruined.Same goes for Assam & BD were Brahmaputra's waters dammed ( an impossible task from the Engineering PoV)

One can't ever defeat a baniya in cunning & deviousness as Jinnah learnt quite early against Gandhi.One can only defeat a baniya through sheer physical force of strength.

Last edited:
The urri incident has exposed modi,s impotency. He was considered a superman by Indian who will be different from manmohan. But modi proved to be one big impotent. He is trying every nonsense idea that comes to his mind, after realizing the fact that India can't do any thing to punish Pakistan in military terms.

So such eye wash tactics have been thought out to seduce the local public.

Hahah. Sorry for stepping on your tail.
Baluchistan is our crown jewel, unlike Kashmir which is burning under Indian barbarism and asking freedom.

Burhan wani zindabad.

First do some thing and then do the chest thumping kid.

Of Course.We like this impotency that reviewing the status of IWT for the first time after 1950.
Something that even ignore during wars.

Well after reading @waz posts and looking at your lack of technical and legal knowledge I don't think it is of any use to debate with you further. You are too dumb and moronic to continue further any debate. Looking at your dumb behavior you are going to be banned one way or the other. Why waste time on such a moron??

Even though your own experts have rejected construction of canals and pipelines to other state terming it non feasible and non practical due to geography and terrain. it is not like laying pipes for sewerage line in the cities. :lol:

Anyways you want to block our water???

Go do it. We would continue to support Kashmir freedom movement. We would continue to meddle in IOK when ever we want to. There won't be any change in our Indian and IOK policy.

I find your attempts at insulting me quite entertaining. :lol:

But the gist of your argument is that daddy China will punish India if we kill the IWT.

So it all boils down to the fact that you HOPE China will stick out its neck for you, while I am 100% sure China will do nothing of that sort.

IF China DOES stick out its neck for paksitan and threaten India then India will make china a party to this treaty and demand that they sign a similar treaty with India if they want us to honour the treaty with pakistan.

So you see, it suits our agenda IF china ever walks into this deal. Infact my heart wishes that China will do it, but my head tells me there is ZERO % of china every doing it.

So in the end, India stands to gain either way. While all you can continue to do is nurse terrorists in face of global condemnation. I would call that a total victory for India.

The Brahmaputra In India, it accounts for nearly 30% of the total water resources.
It accounts for 40% of the total hydropower potential of India.
It's river basin is relied upon by 300 million Indians.

Source of this claim. Bharamputra is affectivng only NE india. Last I checked it does not constitute 30% of India.

As for the population the entire population of NE states is barely 40 million people not 300 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_union_territories_of_India_by_population

Beijing's view is that once the treaty is abrogated, it will be under no obligation to allow water from the Indus or Sutlej rivers to flow into India.

Indus, the largest of the six rivers covered by the 1960 treaty, originates in China, which has eight per cent of the Indus river basin of 1.12 million square kilometres that runs through India and Pakistan as well. The fountainhead of this river basin lies in China.

If China decides to divert water from the Indus river in the absence of any international treaty governing the management of this precious resource, India will be deprived of 36 per cent of the river's entire flow.

Add to that Pakistan's share of 63 per cent entitlement and the nightmare consequence of abrogating the treaty would be a devastated wasteland in the sub-continent spread far and wide across 3,200 kilometres covered by the river's flow from the Tibetan plateau to Karachi where the Indus discharges its water into the Arabian Sea.

If Beijing stops Indus water from its sdethen even Pakistan will be affected. No water from China--> No water from India --> Pakistan turned desert region

Majority of the Wasteland region will be in Pakistan. So If China is your friend it will NOT stop the water as you will be indirectly affected

Chutya modi.... cannot come for a fight... now bitching around on sides like a transversite (no offence to multigender peopke) ...

Let him make a move...

Reported for using abusive , street language.

BTW , he is making moves.
These are all just pressure tactics. India or Modi will never dare to do anything which will lead to war. Pakistan has no option but to pick war if it survival become at risk

Wars & use of force are the silliest & worst option in any given situation. No where in the world have they ever solved a problem. Having said this, they are to be resorted to when all else fails.

As of now ' all else' is being tried.

few missiles in Mumbai, Banglore, Hydrabad and you can kiss good bye to foreign investor confidence..

What & who Sir, do you feel would then be left in Pakistan to rejoice over the missiles being fired ?

These are all just pressure tactics. India or Modi will never dare to do anything which will lead to war. Pakistan has no option but to pick war if it survival become at risk

This is precisely what India wants....u initiate the war so that India will be diplomatically correct. Regarding Indus treaty....I think India is provoking you...it will play within the rules , to an extent it stands correct and you start something silly.....

Source of this claim. Bharamputra is affectivng only NE india. Last I checked it does not constitute 30% of India.

As for the population the entire population of NE states is barely 40 million people not 300 million

If Beijing stops Indus water from its sdethen even Pakistan will be affected. No water from China--> No water from India --> Pakistan turned desert region

Majority of the Wasteland region will be in Pakistan. So If China is your friend it will NOT stop the water as you will be indirectly affected

LOL... you got it.

I was quite amused to read that article. If China blocks the Indus into India, how the hell is it going to flow into pakistan ? :lol:

This is a LOT more worse than India diverting a part of the Indus into our river system.

The most constructive thing Pakistan could do, is to build dams on its side of the border to conserve water and meanwhile stop sending " non state" actors into India ....of course that is the last thing they will do...why bother , after all it is so much easier to threaten war!

In 70 years Pakistan has done NOTHING to conserve the water it does have!

Droughts follow floods with alarming regularity....and both are seen as a way to arm twist aid from the international community....meanwhile business as usual.

LOL... you got it.

I was quite amused to read that article. If China blocks the Indus into India, how the hell is it going to flow into pakistan ? :lol:

This is a LOT more worse than India diverting a part of the Indus into our river system.
It is from commie paper telegraph. As expected they will eulogize china

LOL... you got it.

It is from commie paper telegraph. As expected they will eulogize china

The most constructive thing Pakistan could do, is to build dams on its side of the border to conserve water and meanwhile stop sending " non state" actors into India ....of course that is the last thing they will do...why bother , after all it is so much easier to threaten war!

In 70 years Pakistan has done NOTHING to conserve the water it does have!

Droughts follow floods with alarming regularity....and both are seen as a way to arm twist aid from the international community....meanwhile business as usual.

Now that is just wishful thinking.

When has pakistan ever done any constructive thinking ? what it is going to do is open more terrorist training camps and divert funds for this.

Meanwhile they will open back channel for talks with India.

This is precisely what India wants....u initiate the war so that India will be diplomatically correct. Regarding Indus treaty....I think India is provoking you...it will play within the rules , to an extent it stands correct and you start something silly.....

Sounds like a devious plan of an evil genius. :devil:

How many times pakistan survival is in danger?
Water,
Kashmir,
Baloochistan
Afghanistan
bla bla..

Why do you care if India (as per many pakistani's member here are claiming) cannot do anything. You are free to go to International tribunal, provided you are not shoo away from there like all the time in earlier instance.

Revenge by a coward enemy is,

- Stop rivers.
- carry out terrorist acts through paid mercenaries.
- Kick artists out of the country,
- stop playing sports,
- Disgrace diplomats,
- stop train & bus services,
- Let loose the media for all kinds of BS,
- boycott meetings,

What a revenge.....:omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom