What's new

Pakistan and India have lost interest to study in Britain.

Huzoor, i have studied from school to uni level in Aus.

If you come for a degree from a recognized Uni, you can expect to pay up to. RS 4.5 million/year including living costs, now multiply that with 2,3 or 4 depending on your course to get the picture.

Once you graduate its not easy to find a job as the first thing they'll ask you is not your degree but your citizenship/residence and experiance through work placement.

You won't have any work placement because they mostly take locals despite their poor study performance. In the end locals who spent 4 years chasing girls and yawning in the classroom will be more employable than you, even if you are a straight A+ scorer.

So order shall be
  1. Get the girl
  2. Marry her
  3. Get Citizenship
  4. Study
  5. Get job
:big_boss:

They should allow at least 1 year to work otherwise how would somebody pay for the university fee which is quite expensive.
Situation is unlike to change unless they take students outside the calculation of net migration.

It's impossible. The only international students I've seen here are a lot from China, and USA. Most Pakistani students I saw came here and realised it was gonna be tough, they quit on the student part and started working just to scratch a living.

That ultimately gets them caught too, university registers attendance forwards that to the authorities if international students don't show up.

intention for most is to work brits knew it as well .... pre recession it was one of the ways they can cheap and effective labor .. its impossible for most pakistanis to continue the studies in these circumsances.. many in my days (a decade ago) use to skip semisters and work so that they can manage uni fees

UK I guess is the only place where Indians and Pakistanis live together happily.....I tell you, its in the UK where I first time saw Pakistanis and I didn't find them so much different than me....they speak good Hindi...few Urdu words...but its almost same.....I used to go to Pakistani butcher shops for Goat Meat and they used to treat me like "bhai jaan".and ofcourse Pakistani Saloons. We used to get discount on hair cut. :-).....hope India and Pakistan become good friendly neighbors like US and Canada....(bhad mein janede Kashmir issue!!!!!)

It's good because, the so called Great Britain is still seeing a huge influx of immigrants and International students but it's getting worse because these students are from EU, unlike South Asian students who use to pay way more than EU are no longer being allowed.
Who wants to go to a country where they would not even give you post-graduation work permits. I guess Canada,AUS and other countries are way much better than this place.

People abused the system here especially students from India and Pakistan. Many come here and get married to a British national just for the sake of staying here, many start working here secretly when their visas clearly does not allow them. The Brits are too soft on cheats, its about time the Government is taking tough stance on those who abuse this system.

UK I guess is the only place where Indians and Pakistanis live together happily.....I tell you, its in the UK where I first time saw Pakistanis and I didn't find them so much different than me....they speak good Hindi...few Urdu words...but its almost same.....I used to go to Pakistani butcher shops for Goat Meat and they used to treat me like "bhai jaan".and ofcourse Pakistani Saloons. We used to get discount on hair cut. :-).....hope India and Pakistan become good friendly neighbors like US and Canada....(bhad mein janede Kashmir issue!!!!!)
Indian and pakistanis feel comfortable with each other here, and its natural. Even I would prefer to deal with a desi guy, am not racist(many desi people are) but I can never be sure about the non desi guy I am dealing with, why take chance.
Not sure how second and third generation desi people feel, they might be more confident in dealing with others.

People abused the system here especially students from India and Pakistan. Many come here and get married to a British national just for the sake of staying here, many start working here secretly when their visas clearly does not allow them. The Brits are too soft on cheats, its about time the Government is taking tough stance on those who abuse this system.
they were soft on cheats because it was not a big deal then. They could not find people to work, businesses were having hard time recruiting for low end jobs.

Indian and pakistanis feel comfortable with each other here, and its natural. Even I would prefer to deal with a desi guy, am not racist(many desi people are) but I can never be sure about the non desi guy I am dealing with, why take chance.
Not sure how second and third generation desi people feel, they might be more confident in dealing with others.

I'm never gonna deal with you...'cause you support Man United whilst I'm a Kopite ! :mad:

If an international student want to get a proper job in UK then they should do a 3 year degree course. Either undergraduate or PhD. 1 year master is not enough for getting a job. Certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is very difficult to get for employer and not every company can have CoS. UKBA also restricted the number of CoS a company can give in a year. So overall very difficult to get full time proper job.

they were soft on cheats because it was not a big deal then. They could not find people to work, businesses were having hard time recruiting for low end jobs.

Yeah I guess that's why they looked the other way but right now the job market is tough so they decided to crack down on cheats.

Huzoor, i have studied from school to uni level in Aus.

If you come for a degree from a recognized Uni, you can expect to pay up to. RS 4.5 million/year including living costs, now multiply that with 2,3 or 4 depending on your course to get the picture.

Once you graduate its not easy to find a job as the first thing they'll ask you is not your degree but your citizenship/residence and experiance through work placement.

You won't have any work placement because they mostly take locals despite their poor study performance. In the end locals who spent 4 years chasing girls and yawning in the classroom will be more employable than you, even if you are a straight A+ scorer.
I find it hard to believe that companies would recruit less qualified/less bright students over more qualified/bright students when they have to offer both the same salary.

Though im sure you are right having more experience in the country, I am finding it hard to wrap my head around this concept.

I find it hard to believe that companies would recruit less qualified/less bright students over more qualified/bright students when they have to offer both the same salary.

Though im sure you are right having more experience in the country, I am finding it hard to wrap my head around this concept.

Australia is a blue collar country. Heavily unionised and labor oriented with grandpa like labor strategies. The fuel station i fill up from is where a very nice Indian guy works. I talk to him all the time, he has 16 odd years of work experience with IBM. He is just one example. Obviously its not black and white, there are success stories, though 'breaking through the glass ceiling' is not easy.

Elaborate if you may .

Come on FB.

PSW was the best option for the degree holders to get their money back or collect more to get a good uni admission but now there are no options left other than paper marriage .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom