What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

CFT mostly help the single plane unless used as refueling tanker , while MRTT can refuel many plus perform other task. For PAF using F-16 as refueling buddy is colossal miss use of extremely important asset if looked at it that way.

PS: The planes that need assist from MRTT or could get most use out of MRTT are JF-17 and M-III/V.

Hi,

I believe that the F16 have a good loiter time---plus they have obogs.

The JF17 otoh has an oxygen bottle---so before more fuel is found for the JF17's---we need an obogs installed on this aircraft.

That is why when "Quwa" & I suggested the two seater---convert the back seat space for fuel cell and also add obogs.

JF17 flight time is limited by the oxygen supply to the pilot and not by the fuel shortage---. Obogs should be the first consideration---@Indus Falcon

http://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130B-Hercules/2400

Photo-2400.jpg

Hi,

The JF17 otoh has an oxygen bottle---so before more fuel is found for the JF17's---we need an obogs installed on this aircraft.

That is why when "Quwa" & I suggested the two seater---convert the back seat space for fuel cell and also add obogs.

JF17 flight time is limited by the oxygen supply to the pilot and not by the fuel shortage---. Obogs should be the first consideration---@Indus Falcon

Hi MK, Nice to see you posting again, Welcome back.

I was under the impression that OBOG was tested 5+ years ago and was installed, I take it from reading here that it is not the case. As for O2 bottle(s), if I am not mistaken JF-17 flew from around Queta to Aman Jordan on their way to PAS / FAS few years go ? Now that is a good 3 odd hrs flight time, which makes me believe that there is ample quantity of O2 to support 90 odd Min of Combat with Max load to Conduct the sorties with AAR.

Again, I no expert in these matters, just expressing my views as to why AAR platforms are needed by PAF, or how best PAF could utilize them.

Last edited:
Hi,

Indeed. The quickest way to achieving feature parity with the Tejas was reworking the JF-17B into a single seater, and using the extra space at rear seat for extra fuel, OBOGS, etc.

Indeed. The quickest way to achieving feature parity with the Tejas was reworking the JF-17B into a single seater, and using the extra space at rear seat for extra fuel, OBOGS, etc.
Don’t you ever feel that B is not “AS MANEUVERABLE AS A”, i always got that feeling since day 1. It’s just too bulky with short wings.

Don’t you ever feel that B is not “AS MANEUVERABLE AS A”, i always got that feeling since day 1. It’s just too bulky with short wings.
Are the wings shorter or have the aircraft dimensions changed to make to come to that conclusion?

Pakistan is not a big country, the transport assets currently in its inventory are sufficient for its strategic and logistics need. Both Herks and MRTT aircraft are undergoing upgrades to extend their service life. What is required is forward planning to replace these aircraft in the mid to long term.
In peace time these aircrafts are sufficient for routine missions and exercises. However in case of crisis, as happened in recent Pulwama crisis, the transport fleet of Pakistan was out strenched and out classed viz a viz our mission requirements.
And No, we are not replacing anything yet. In fact we are looking for raising another squadron of C130 from Surplus stock of any Western country. (based upon PAF learnings)
The need of heavy transport helicopter and aircraft is also there, but the shortage of funds has hampered the desires of full filling such needs.

PAF should consider to replace their old c-130 models.
No we are not.

In peace time these aircrafts are sufficient for routine missions and exercises. However in case of crisis, as happened in recent Pulwama crisis, the transport fleet of Pakistan was out strenched and out classed viz a viz our mission requirements.
And No, we are not replacing anything yet. In fact we are looking for raising another squadron of C130 from Surplus stock of any Western country. (based upon PAF learnings)
The need of heavy transport helicopter and aircraft is also there, but the shortage of funds has hampered the desires of full filling such needs.

No we are not.

Currently ~14-16 c-130 in 2 transport sqn instead of third transport sqn could raise number of c-130 per sqn to 10/12 ??

Currently ~14-16 c-130 in 2 transport sqn instead of third transport sqn could raise number of c-130 per sqn to 10/12 ??

The third squadron at Multan is necessary to cut fuel costs needed to serve Balochistan and Punjab.

6 sqn is already overloaded with missions to the north, AHQ duties and foreign flights.

Hi MK, Nice to see you posting again, Welcome back.

I was under the impression that OBOG was tested 5+ years ago and was installed, I take it from reading here that it is not the case. As for O2 bottle(s), if I am not mistaken JF-17 flew from around Queta to Aman Jordan on their way to PAS / FAS few years go ? Now that is a good 3 odd hrs flight time, which makes me believe that there is ample quantity of O2 to support 90 odd Min of Combat with Max load to Conduct the sorties with AAR.

Again, I no expert in these matters, just expressing my views as to why AAR platforms are needed by PAF, or how best PAF could utilize them.

Hi,

It could very well be---.

Time to purchase Transport planes too at-least medium heavy lift platform.
China, Russia could be good option

even Ukraine as well

Back
Top Bottom