What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Could be the afsar syndrome.
Our C130s, Mirages, Cobras and Ilyushins are historic relics.
Need to be changed.

For C130 we should have a commuter jet design that can cater to civ and mil requirements like kc390 etc. Several such designs are popping up around the world.
KC-390 is not a civilian aircraft.

Yeah I know but it wont be very hard for Embraer to reconfigure it for airlines or make a commuter jet using same subsystems and parts.

KC390 isn't but ATRs and Sab2000s are being used for dual civ and mil purposes.

So we can develop our industry and make money off of it if we choose to.
KC-390 is not a civilian aircraft.

Yeah I know but it wont be very hard for Embraer to reconfigure it for airlines or make a commuter jet using same subsystems and parts.

KC390 isn't but ATRs and Sab2000s are being used for dual civ and mil purposes.

So we can develop our industry and make money off of it if we choose to.
Thats true, but Saab and ATR are also not tactical transports that can take off from short and unprepared runways. They can compliment each other but never be a replacement for a true airlifter.

Ok then simply make a commuter jet that can do those things i.e take off from short and unprepared strips and be a good commuter airliner as well.

I mean just look what humans have achieved so far. And we Pakistanis started JF17 when we had nothing and were under sanctions. Get international help like we did in JFT case, if it's really that difficult.

Mastaan Khan was a bitter grinch but he was right about PAF's afsar syndrome and how they sat on their a$$es until everything was too little, too late.
Thats true, but Saab and ATR are also not tactical transports that can take off from short and unprepared runways. They can compliment each other but never be a replacement for a true airlifter.

Ok then simply make a commuter jet that can do those things i.e take off from short and unprepared strips and be a good commuter airliner as well.

I mean just look what humans have achieved so far. And we Pakistanis started JF17 when we had nothing and were under sanctions. Get international help like we did in JFT case, if it's really that difficult.

Mastaan Khan was a bitter grinch but he was right about PAF's afsar syndrome and how they sat on their a$$es until everything was too little, too late.
The KC-390 is now a Embraer-Boeing venture, so I wouldn't hold too much stock in it anymore seeing that the US is a factor. Instead, I'd actually work with Ukraine, especially the An-70. It's larger than the C-130, however, the An-70's propfan configuration might make it good for our hot-and-high conditions. It could be a serviceable airlifter -- bring both a weight/range improvement over the C-130, while retaining the versatility.

As for the airliner, I'd try talking to Embraer on one of the E-Class. Take one of their older E-class designs, but then work with them to lower its costs further (e.g. select a cheaper engine, swap out some components, etc) and then co-produce it in Pakistan for the domestic and regional airliner market. Once they're immersed, we can ask them to maybe develop a militarized variant down the line for AAR, AEW&C, MPA, etc.

Curious as why il-78 fleet was not expanded beyond the 4 as paf is mostly using it for transport and occasionally for aar

Someone should bring him back.

When favorable situation presents Pakistan Air Force, then it should start joint venture with China a medium military transport aircraft which would be able to match or supercede the C-130s capabilities. In war, logistical lines being is crucial for victory, and this one area Pakistan Military ought draw it's attention sometime in the near future in-sha-Allah.

Y-30, scale model was shown a while back 2016s give or take few, perhaps real example may surface soon.

If you are looking for something close to C-130, they are building Y-9s. Some say it's same platform as what is used on PAF KE-03 but i am not 100% sure on that as the newer Y-9 look much refined.

http://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130E-Hercules/2372

Photo-2372.jpg

Pakistan is still MNNA and should have no problem acquiring C-130s. Won’t change the balance of power with India.
lol, india lobbies(or rather cries) even when we get simple assault rifles or MRAPs for counter terror ops..you are talking about c130!!!

Back
Top Bottom