What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I don't know if i'm off topic over here because I truly don't know the politics involved in an agreement between two countries but am left to ponder on issues.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/41949/sweden-won’t-sell-gripen-jets-to-pakistan-(july-8).html
Now this was an article from Press Trust of India (largest news agency in India) dated: 7th July, 2004
In it details (then) President Pervez Musharraf's visit to Sweden and how the Swedes were not interested in selling weapons or weapon-related to Pakistan. I recall there being some influence back in the day, but couldn't locate any source material.

Fast forward to a few years back, when we were negotiations with the US to purchase EIGHT F-16's and our neighbor screamed that we would use those against them.

Why is it that its okay for India to go out and place orders for 126 jets (and later converting it 36)?

Why is it that Pakistan never raises the issue on the International Forum and raises the same points?

We can raise the issue, except no one will pay attention. India gets more levy because of their market and purchasing power. If we were in a position to order billions of dollars of weapons and good annually, it wouldn't be a hassle for us either.

:o: 250 JF-17s, Why PAF wants all eggs in one basket?
because these are OUR eggs.
if you recall the country is broke. In these circumstances we need a cheap yet effective workhorse taking pressure away from the more expensive foreign buys (For the moment the F16s). Secondly we dont have anyone at the moment in the current international scene that wants to give us fighter planes at a cost and for a loan which we can afford(this in itself being debatable) that can suitably counter the IAF purchases. We have therefore gone the indegenous route to make a fighter with help from friendly countries putting up with a lot of pressure to abandon the project. This has laid down a foundation of a whole aviation industry in Pak land which is commendable.
A

because these are OUR eggs.
if you recall the country is broke. In these circumstances we need a cheap yet effective workhorse taking pressure away from the more expensive foreign buys (For the moment the F16s). Secondly we dont have anyone at the moment in the current international scene that wants to give us fighter planes at a cost and for a loan which we can afford(this in itself being debatable) that can suitably counter the IAF purchases. We have therefore gone the indegenous route to make a fighter with help from friendly countries putting up with a lot of pressure to abandon the project. This has laid down a foundation of a whole aviation industry in Pak land which is commendable.
A

Actually, in this case, putting eggs in multiple baskets is more risky. Thus, your first line "Because these are OUR eggs" is correct - it's our eggs, and our basket. You put eggs in different baskets, and then one of the baskets has a problem you can't fix locally. Now, you can be held hostage to sanctions, higher price, delays etc.

PAF would be guilty of putting all eggs in one basket IF Thunder was the only program it was pursuing. The fact of the matter is, while 250 Thunders are being produced, the Thunder program also has the potential for great foreign exchange income, and at the same time, PAF is investing in Project Azm and fifth gen fighter. Meanwhile, the F-16s and Mirages are also being kept in top form.

If there was any immediate need for national security purposes, there should be no question that need would be fulfilled. We DO have options in terms of Chinese J11, J10, J16 etc. and for national security money would be arranged one way or the other. If we see no foreign fighter being procured, then the reality of the situation is that Indian capabilities do not warrant such investment.

With block3, FC1 multirole capability would be segregated into extended, extended-diversified & diversified roles. You would be able to see a combination within one squadron.
can you elaborate this a bit further to be clear. Obviously explain what ever you feel comfortable explaining.
Regards
A

Well something is certainly brewing up across the border...and all of a sudden 'Pakistan' seems to have something to do with it - or so some claim.

Now this is a video I recently edited out of a India Today show titled 'News Today'. Its a 3min vid where the host is grilling the BJP Party of what Pakistan has to do with the Rafale deal and that playing the 'Pakistan' card is desperate sign prior to each Election.

Well something is certainly brewing up across the border...and all of a sudden 'Pakistan' seems to have something to do with it - or so some claim.

Now this is a video I recently edited out of a India Today show titled 'News Today'. Its a 3min vid where the host is grilling the BJP Party of what Pakistan has to do with the Rafale deal and that playing the 'Pakistan' card is desperate sign prior to each Election.

how do you think so many different hindhus are united ..its the boggy man fear which is pakistan

i agree and the more i see mirage saga, the more i get fascinated by the PAf and PAC and all other organizations. having 76 F-16 in top notch condition it a breathing space add to it another 100 4th gen JF-17 and PAF looks very formidable. this is not it, the way PAF have upgraded and use Mirage is a story of its own. like 2 squadrons of rose3, 2 squadrons of rose1 and one anti ship squadron really help tier one line of defense that is F-16 and JFT. PAF is really a force on its own. i hope project AZM takes shape sooner than later so that it can replace all legacy mirages and F-16's over next decade. there is another option of extending Mirage rose 3 and PA2/3 with rose 5 upgrade to have 3 plus may be 2 more squadrons to make a 2nd tier quality force of 5 squadrons or upgraded rose 5 miarge 5. it all depends upon project AZM and its progress. end of the day there is so much rebuild could be done to these age old fighter.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-04 at 8.46.33 AM.jpeg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom