What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Machine to kill flying object (birds particular) ....

8ff3e8fbfb87f978c913e11dddda4371.jpg
PAF SPOKESPERSON
Shared privately 12:16 PM

GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN PROMOTES AIR COMMODORE RANA MUHAMMAD IMRAN TO THE RANK OF AIR VICE MARSHAL

ISLAMABAD 10 OCTOBER, 2014: Government of Pakistan has promoted Air Commodore Rana Muhammad Imran to the rank of Air Vice Marshal.

Air Vice Marshal Rana Muhammad Imran was commissioned in January, 1983 in the Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force. During his illustrious career, he has commanded an Engineering Wing and also served as Chief Engineer JF-17 Co-production Project, Aircraft Manufacturing Factory, Kamra and Deputy Managing Director Mirage Rebuild Factory, Kamra. In his staff appointments he has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Aircraft Engineering) and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Ground Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering and BSc Honors in War Studies. He is also a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).
bd982d56931d77718cbf76324886ed20.jpg

PAF bases need to move away from urban areas. the civilian population have no idea what a bird-strike can do to a aircraft esp fighters. PAF has to be more pro-active to ensure that its base area is clear of animal remains and also the adjoining areas where civilian population reside. PAF will not get much help from civic authorities.

PAF bases need to move away from urban areas. the civilian population have no idea what a bird-strike can do to a aircraft esp fighters. PAF has to be more pro-active to ensure that its base area is clear of animal remains and also the adjoining areas where civilian population reside. PAF will not get much help from civic authorities.

Sir, most of the airbases were built when cities weren't as large. PAF must think about future and start to establish new airbases way outside cities/population centers.

Not only is it safe but secure as well. Karachi Airport is riddled with illegal Goths all around. Same with PAF Faisal/PNS Mehran. Peshawar airbase, Samungali etc they should be moved out.

Sir, most of the airbases were built when cities weren't as large. PAF must think about future and start to establish new airbases way outside cities/population centers.

Not only is it safe but secure as well. Karachi Airport is riddled with illegal Goths all around. Same with PAF Faisal/PNS Mehran. Peshawar airbase, Samungali etc they should be moved out.
yes the land mafia creating the slum area around and adjacent the Defence Installations the concerned quarters are quite who will take the notice.

Pakistani Fighter Likely To Have Long Service Life Despite Crash
Oct. 2, 2014 - 05:44PM | By USMAN ANSARI |

View attachment 106489
A Pakistani F-7 aircraft conducts a training mission during a multinational exercise in Southwest Asia. Although an F-7PG recently crashed, the aircraft is expected to remain in service for a long period. (SSgt. Michael B. Keller/AFCENT Combat Camera Team)

ISLAMABAD — Analysts say the crash of a Pakistani fighter jet Wednesday outside the city of Quetta will not affect the likely service life of the aircraft type, although it may be relegated to the role of lead-in fighter trainer.
Air Force spokesman Air Commodore Tariq Mehmood said the aircraft was on an “operational training mission” when it came down due to a “fault,” but that the pilot had safely ejected.
The accident is being investigated.

He did not confirm the type of aircraft in question when asked by Defense News, but Samungli Air Base in Quetta is home to two Chengdu F-7PG squadrons, No. 17 Tigers and No. 23 Talons. The aircraft has since been identified as belonging to No. 23 Squadron.

A third F-7PG squadron, No. 20 Eagles, is stationed at Rafiqui Air Base in Punjab province.

Analyst and retired Air Commodore Kaiser Tufail, who was one of two pilots that tested the baseline J-7MG in China before it was selected in modified form for Pakistani service, says the loss can be absorbed.

“We have lost PGs before, so this is not the first one. It falls within the acceptable category, and the loss isn’t as bad as it would have been were it an F-16 or a JF-17. And the pilot is safe, which is no small mercy,” he said.

The F-7PG is a Pakistan-specific variant of what was ultimately a Chinese version of the venerable MiG-21 Fishbed. Pakistan also operated a larger number of an earlier F-7P variant.

Despite the vintage of the basic F-7 design, analyst Usman Shabbir of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank says “the F-7s actually have a very acceptable crash rate. I can’t recall the exact attrition rate but I am pretty sure it is low.”

The F-7Ps are now considered obsolete, however, and are being replaced by F-16s and JF-17s as a priority.
The F-7PG, with its distinctive double-delta wing, is considered a potent dogfighter and having served just over a decade has plenty of service life remaining.

Whether it can remain a frontline fighter is uncertain. It is only armed with visual-range AIM-9L sidewinder missiles and a 30mm cannon, unlike the Indian MiG-21 Bison upgrade of the Fishbed, which can be armed with beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles.

But with nearly 60 F-7PGs and twin-seat FT-7PGs acquired, and with considerable investment made in spares, support and infrastructure, Pakistan cannot easily cast them aside.

Tufail says “So far there is no indication of a failure that could lead to a review of the F-7PG inventory.” They still have some worth as a “cheap operational fighter,” he said.

He has previously suggested the F-7PG could be used in lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) role as more advanced F-16s and JF-17s were acquired.

“The F-7PG is an ideal LIFT aircraft. It is simple, viceless and cheap. I think it will easily go beyond 2020, and is likely to complete at least two decades of service [2024], if not more,” he said.

Author, analyst, and former Australian defense attache to Pakistan, Brian Cloughley, says the F-7PGs may already be serving in such a training role but would not survive in the South Asian air environment.

“They are not just second-line, they’re third line. Very good aircraft in their day, but their day is long gone,” he said. ■
Email: uansari@defensenews.com.

PAF and the whole Pakistan is in great problem. China along with PLAAF can easily help out PAF by giving away free of cost their F-7s all variants and charge just cost to cost for the avionics upgrade to carry latest weapons. I am sure PAF would be 100% ready to bring back those F-7Ps back which they have decorated for just spares and to scrap them to gain money against metal.

What do you mean by this? Is someone in Pakistan shooting down these planes???

I am in support that PAF should renew their F-7 fleet with Chinese support and help free of cost as we are hedge against India too.

Machine to kill flying object (birds particular) ....
Really disturbing.

RED ALERT

India building Air Bases in Kargil, Ladakh : IAF Chief

Describe in details.

Last edited:
Hi sorry to be a little off topic but my goal is to protect and serve Pakistan as a officer in the Pakistan air force as a GDP. Currently i live and study in the United States. I lived in the USA all my live, i am a pakistani citizen. I am currently in high school, my grades are above average, my grades are 84-95 i take many advance classes. I am part of many sports teams and i am currently a class officer. After i gradaute high school i will be getting my degree from a American College in Aerospace Engineering. After that what will i have to do to become a GDP as a officer in the Pakistan Air Force.

Hi sorry to be a little off topic but my goal is to protect and serve Pakistan as a officer in the Pakistan air force as a GDP. Currently i live and study in the United States. I lived in the USA all my live, i am a pakistani citizen. I am currently in high school, my grades are above average, my grades are 84-95 i take many advance classes. I am part of many sports teams and i am currently a class officer. After i gradaute high school i will be getting my degree from a American College in Aerospace Engineering. After that what will i have to do to become a GDP as a officer in the Pakistan Air Force.

apply and wish you best of luck!

After getting degree in Aerospace Engineering it will be better if you for for PAC job as an Aeronautical Engineer and join PAF in the engineering department rather then GDP.
But the final choice is yours to make. :)
Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom