What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

as much as i like the idea of seeing the M2009 with the PAF. I think it would be sensible going for F-16s, the M2009 should have been inducted 10 years ago imo. if PAF say inducts 40 of them its going to cost something like over 2 billion USD. and what about spare parts and the infrastructure?? will france provide pakistan with such items. I don't really see the logic behind such a purchase.

These Block 61 F-16's, I wonder what exactly they're meant to be, it seems the UAE desperately wants them in time for Iran, without having to wait for F-35.

They'll probably be using SABR AESA upgrade which I understand is compatible with the current Block 60, if anything it's even more compatible, lightweight too. I wonder if this designation has anything to do with those F-16V's.

At this moment i can only say that this Block-61 is similar to what LM offered to the Indians.

SABR and V are 'retrofits' just like our ROSE program for the Mirages.

M2K would be a huge distraction. On paper this could be a good thing, since much of our fleet is old and fast becoming a liability. But do we have the money and the resources to integrate them in our fleet? Unless we get an unbelievable deal, we should not consider it.

So, PAF is buying 68 Mirage 2000-9 from UAE, why don't we start focussing on something like Rafale or Typhoon or F-35? Instead of buying 68 Mirage 2000-9, Don't you think it will be better to get 5-6 latest generation fighters which will make PAF a little better technology wise?

So, PAF is buying 68 Mirage 2000-9 from UAE, why don't we start focussing on something like Rafale or Typhoon or F-35? Instead of buying 68 Mirage 2000-9, Don't you think it will be better to get 5-6 latest generation fighters which will make PAF a little better technology wise?

no one is buying m2000s, they r not needed, focus is on jf17 and f-16 inventory with mods and bvr. one more option is on the table, a new hightech fighter. could b fc20 or j31

5th generations fighters are quite expensive, in this region Pakistan mainly focuses India, PAF don't need a 5th generation stealth fighter, because India don't have it. But in case we really need a stealth fighter J-31 is a good option for PAF. But as for now we don't need such fighters. Mirage 2000-9 is a good fighter it will greatly enhance PAF's capability.
Check this video it will change your mind for mirage:

Radar.jpg

A description would be helpful...

looks like a HUD.

raretrainer.jpg
Harvard Basic Trainer.
"legend has it that pilots who completed their basic trainer on the Howard were somehow 'more proficient' that pilots who completed their training on the T-37." these trainers were colored 'bright yellow'.

Last edited:
5th generations fighters are quite expensive, in this region Pakistan mainly focuses India, PAF don't need a 5th generation stealth fighter, because India don't have it. But in case we really need a stealth fighter J-31 is a good option for PAF. But as for now we don't need such fighters. Mirage 2000-9 is a good fighter it will greatly enhance PAF's capability.
Check this video it will change your mind for mirage:
these Air To Air refueling pods look ugly,at least we should integrate retractable ones for our Jf Thunders?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom