What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

The PAF definitely took delivery of additional Erieye AEW&C systems (the last MoDP report even confirmed the receipt of the 6th system). But we don't know whether they're Erieye or Erieye ER. No information to that effect available in public.
so its unclear @Blacklight now see most respected member doesn't know whether we have ER version or not

so its unclear @Blacklight now see most respected member doesn't know whether we have ER version or not
There are more knowledgeable members than the ones in the last 2/3 pages. BUT I wont bother tagging them.

Feel free to believe anything, and everything you want. I'm done wasting my time.

I guess ER can only be installed on Bombardier Global 6000 not on Saab-2000.
Bro the UAE Saab 340's have them. Pls check the link I posted earlier about their upgrades.

we have the oldest ERIEYE systems..not the latest. ER version was planned to purchase but since no new F16C/D so no ER..as well.

this is what i think...(ASC-890) Erieye
The original customer, Sweden, continues to operate its Saab 340 aircraft, but through the delivery of pairs of aircraft to Thailand and the UAE its own fleet has been reduced to only two aircraft. These originally flew in a minimally-manned configuration known as FSR890, with all radar data downlinked to ground stations. They were upgraded in 2009 to the current ASC890 standard with three operator consoles to give an airborne control capability. The operators comprise a mission control officer, combat control operator and surveillance operator.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...e-surveillance-system-takes-shape-global-6000

Last edited by a moderator:
The PAF definitely took delivery of additional Erieye AEW&C systems (the last MoDP report even confirmed the receipt of the 6th system). We don't know whether they're Erieye or Erieye ER, but the cost estimate ($94 M) given by the MoDP suggests it's Erieye.
exactly too cheap for new version..
also, suggest a lot of work(assembly/testing) will be done in the house..as off the shelf cost would have been way higher (3-4X)

if the original version as good as advertised..we don't need the ER for next 15-20 years till fifth-gen comes into play..which wont happen even in 30 years..we arent even seeing any modern threat apart from rafale which will be barely 2 squardons

next AESA will be LCA which looking at track record won't be in service before 2030

Then get of this forum, and go to AHQ, and see what they tell you.

Given that you dont even have basic knowledge of anything, best to quit polluting this thread.
Mr Blacklight.
Please abide by forum rules and either agree to disagree and move on or provide proof of your statement. You have made a statement it is upto you to prove it.
Any more personal insults will result in negative ratings from me and a thread ban from the mods if they agree with my assessement.
Regards
A

Last edited:
Mr Blacklight.
Please abide by forum rules and either agree to disagree and move on or provide proof of your statement. You have made a statement it is upto you to prove it.
Any more personal insulta will result in negative ratings from me and a thread ban from the mods if they agree with my assessement.
Regards
A

Hi,

In the last 15 years---you never posted anything ORIGINAL---not a single original post---of your own and yet you threaten members who have posted excellent material on this forum---.

You do not have a SINGLE NEGATIVE rating---why---?

How is that possible for a person writing on a defense forum not to have ruffled feathers---?

I want you all to stop becoming personal with each other.

For heaven's sake, the word "respect" and "mutual understanding" seems to have ceased to exist. It is our job to scrutinize not of member's. If any of you do not agree with the claim made by members, leave it. If you have asked for a source and members seems not willing to provide any of it, just pass on. Matters themselves are self explanatory. Do not try to check each other's eligibility but of your own. I mean this very politely and for everyone. We all should check how well informed and groomed we are rather than checking someone else. Instead of educating others , please educate yourselves.

"Yesterday I was smart so I wanted to change the world, today I am wise so that I want to change myself."

For the last time, for God's sake stick to the topic, please.

regards

101102-F-0498B-001.JPG

The Pakistani contingent discusses flight plans after wrapping up Falcon Air Meet 2010 ceremonies at Azraq AB, Jordan. The Air Forces of Pakistan, Jordan, United States and United Arab Emirates competed in the annual two week event in Jordan hosted by the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The overall winner of the competition was the Royal Jordanian Air Force Team. (U.S. Air Force photo by Mr. Alan Black)

Mr.Araz,
I am abiding by forum rules, you seemed to have missed the obnoxious posts deleted by the admin team.

Nonetheless, realization has dawned on me that this forum is not defence related, and people are oblivious to anything that happens in the real world, but is not publicly disclosed, via official channels. So why should I bother, please continue chasing your own tails. You all deserve it.

As to your threat of negative rating, and a ban, mate, threats on an online forum mean zilch. Time to wake up!!

Regards
Mr Blacklight.
It is not my intention to annoy anyone. I merely pointed out the fact that there are forum rules. Allow me to point out that I have read the whole trail of emails. As far as I remember you argued that latest SAAB erieyes are GAN based. The other posters asked you for proof. And you got progressively more annoyed.
On online fora people often take time to gauge your standing. To give you an example @Bilal Khan 777 was the first one to break the news of one Erieyebeing burnt to cinders and 2 damaged. No one believed him and we all asked for proof. Later on we all found out he is a snior retired PAF officer and right all along. Other posters like @fatman17, @Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @messiach, @Dazzler have all maintained a position because of the quality of posts and content but it takes time for people to recognize and measure your worth. So do not despair, keep contributing and eventually people will either find value in your post or itherwise. Getting angry at being questioned is not helpful. You need a bit of tough skin to survive.
I hope you will head the advice of this old man.
Kind regards.
PS: I am a very reluctant user of the red button so dont worry about it.
A

Lets get back to the topic. If someone is claiming something, please provide proofs. If they can't back it up, only take it with a pinch of salt and move on. Don't argue for the sake of arguing. There are a lot of people who will claim X but are in no position to do so, but want to get reputation or oh i know XYZ from ZZZ official sources. Real people who know the real stuff will never release info until it is ready to do so. All others rely on mummy daddy sources, so listen to them if you want that is your choice, but general recommendation would be to take it with a pinch of salt and move on. Another thing is to respect everyone regardless, that is free of cost.

Mr Blacklight.
It is not my intention to annoy anyone. I merely pointed out the fact that there are forum rules. Allow me to point out that I have read the whole trail of emails. As far as I remember you argued that latest SAAB erieyes are GAN based. The other posters asked you for proof. And you got progressively more annoyed.
On online fora people often take time to gauge your standing. To give you an example @Bilal Khan 777 was the first one to break the news of one Erieyebeing burnt to cinders and 2 damaged. No one believed him and we all asked for proof. Later on we all found out he is a snior retired PAF officer and right all along. Other posters like @fatman17, @Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @messiach, @Dazzler have all maintained a position because of the quality of posts and content but it takes time for people to recognize and measure your worth. So do not despair, keep contributing and eventually people will either find value in your post or itherwise. Getting angry at being questioned is not helpful. You need a bit of tough skin to survive.
I hope you will head the advice of this old man.
Kind regards.
PS: I am a very reluctant user of the red button so dont worry about it.
A
Agree sir, @Blacklight mostly have valuable posts in forum worth of reading.
About credibility of information we all here provides information recieved from some sources which sometimes can be wrong or information remain classified or cannot share the source due to sensitiveness of source.

But my point is when we request for proof or source of some information we can ask/request gently and in respectfully way there is not need to make group and start trolling that person.

We are not discussing any thing with our enemy spokesperson persons on this forum. We are mostly pakistani and with common approach of sharing and willing whatever is good or bad for our nation and country with intention for better and stable Pakistan in coming days ahead IA

Back
Top Bottom