What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Saab has said no such thing, and currently 3 other platforms fly the legacy Erieye, all of which can be upgraded to ER. The UAEAF did just that with their Saab340's back in 2015

Swedish surveillance planes in huge UAE deal - 9 November 2015

https://www.thelocal.se/20151109/swedish-surveillance-planes-bought-in-huge-uae-deal

The first ER to PAF, was delivered in Dec 2017, the remaining two in 2018.

1st aircraft delivered, last month. 2nd aircraft, static testing done, it is in Flt testing now.

Saab Delivers the First GlobalEye -29 April 2020
https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2020-04/saab-delivers-the-first-globaleye/
Whats the range of ER?

Saab has said no such thing, and currently 3 other platforms fly the legacy Erieye, all of which can be upgraded to ER. The UAEAF did just that with their Saab340's back in 2015

Swedish surveillance planes in huge UAE deal - 9 November 2015

https://www.thelocal.se/20151109/swedish-surveillance-planes-bought-in-huge-uae-deal

The first ER to PAF, was delivered in Dec 2017, the remaining two in 2018.

1st aircraft delivered, last month. 2nd aircraft, static testing done, it is in Flt testing now.

Saab Delivers the First GlobalEye -29 April 2020
https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2020-04/saab-delivers-the-first-globaleye/

The UAE was launch customer of the ER version, no where has SAAB stated that the PAF ordered the ER version in 2017, and that the ER version will be available to current users of the previous version.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-11-09/saab-lands-uae-surveillance-deal

[/QUOTE]While the UAE is the lead customer for the latest iteration of the Erieye concept, the developments being undertaken will feed into the overall program, and will become available for other customers.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see any reference, either from SAAB, the PAF, or any other reputable source, that the PAF beat the UAE and became the launch customer of the ER version. Happy for you to prove me wrong.

The UAE was launch customer of the ER version, no where has SAAB stated that the PAF ordered the ER version in 2017, and that the ER version will be available to current users of the previous version.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-11-09/saab-lands-uae-surveillance-deal
While the UAE is the lead customer for the latest iteration of the Erieye concept, the developments being undertaken will feed into the overall program, and will become available for other customers.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see any reference, either from SAAB, the PAF, or any other reputable source, that the PAF beat the UAE and became the launch customer of the ER version. Happy for you to prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]

I am not saying that you are right or wrong but Saab never announces it’s sales to Pakistan. Usually it say “sold to an Asian country” and it does not announce what it sold just the amount of the deal. Additionally, since the original order, Pakistan has not purchased fly away Erieyes, just the kits for the Radar and Controls. It does the integration itself. So if you are looking for a paper trail of what PAF purchased you will not find it in the public domain.

While the UAE is the lead customer for the latest iteration of the Erieye concept, the developments being undertaken will feed into the overall program, and will become available for other customers.

I have yet to see any reference, either from SAAB, the PAF, or any other reputable source, that the PAF beat the UAE and became the launch customer of the ER version. Happy for you to prove me wrong.

I am not saying that you are right or wrong but Saab never announces it’s sales to Pakistan. Usually it say “sold to an Asian country” and it does not announce what it sold just the amount of the deal. Additionally, since the original order, Pakistan has not purchased fly away Erieyes, just the kits for the Radar and Controls. It does the integration itself. So if you are looking for a paper trail of what PAF purchased you will not find it in the public domain.

Neither SAAB nor PAF has to directly state what was purchase was, and I don't expect them to, but it can be clearly inferred from the above, as well as the development timeline of the ER radar itself, that it's unlikely the PAF ordered the ER version. I'd be really happy to be proved wrong though.

While the UAE is the lead customer for the latest iteration of the Erieye concept, the developments being undertaken will feed into the overall program, and will become available for other customers.

Like my earlier post in this thread proved, you are clueless, and like to chase your own tail. Pls feel free to continue doing so.

Happy for you to prove me wrong

Tradition, seniority and culture is no excuse for bad leadership.

Leadership in itself is a very abstract concept in almost every field. In armed forces, leadership is not a one way road either. Good leadership is making mistakes and admitting them. The problem lies with the identification of these mistakes which often comes from subordinates, and they are reprimanded for it.

In the cases described earlier, I dont see how Sqn OC has to hold a grudge if a young Flt Lt gets to fly with OC Flying or he gets to take a shot during a mock dogfight. To save themselves the embarrassment, they hamper and limit the learning curve of these young guns and cultivate old school and mediocre strategies to satisfy their own ego. Unacceptable.

As someone said, if USAF stops to innovate its functioning, it will be second in space, not first.

Maybe PAF could establish a Organization Culture Unit or something similar, to investigate claims of anti-meritocracy. When I was an academic administrator, our aim was to establish Quality Control and monitor our teachers to ensure that they were following processes and procedures. Reports, spot checks, feedback, etc were used to ensure we achieve the quality and standards we were looking for. Perhaps PAF could do something similar.

Fighter pilots are the world's new knights in armor. They represent the elite, the first line of defense, and the most critical soldiers, whose victories or losses can decide the fate of a nation. To allow degradation of these national assets because of bruised egos is unacceptable. It cannot be treated the way Ark Angel just dismissively pushed it aside. It is quite alarming that a senior officer like him would have such an attitude.

I hope to see better. PAF needs to constantly strive to improve itself. Evolve. Never stop trying to be more efficient and more effective.

Then get of this forum, and drag your sorry lazy behind to AHQ, and see what they tell you.

Given that you dont even have basic knowledge of anything, best to quit polluting this thread.

Onus is on the person making the claim to provide some rational basis for the claim. If all you constantly have is "my cousin", then it's you who is polluting this forum with unsubstantiated rumours. All available data suggests the PAF does not have the ER version of the radar, but you want everyone to simply take your word for it because of what "your cousin" told you.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom