What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

As of 2hr ago, CAPS have increased.
This is a screen shot from the article link in your post (originally shared by @polanski )
upload_2020-5-13_7-35-0.png

Which seems to state that PAF is operating the EriEye ER (GaN)-based AESA ... contrary to the opinion and claims of many on this forum.

@airomerix @Knuckles @Ark_Angel @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Gentlemen, it is slightly unfair to call out the Senior Officers in these cases. PAF is no ordinary organization - it is in the business of taking lives and putting at risk both lives and millions of dollars worth of equipment of a very poor nation. The leader taking his subordinates into battle needs to be 110% sure that both him and his team are on the exact same page. This becomes important manyfold for modern air warfare. It is only through a brutal and ongoing selection process, that you get such thorough professionals as we saw on 27th Feb, 2019. For a moment, put the cocky pilots in the air over LOC with multiple Indian bogies showing their tails. Hand over heart, do you think these people would have shown the restraint shown by our pilots? Keep in mind that I freely call Bajwa and Khan traitors, but I salute the professionalism of our pilots and their obedience to their seniors.

There is another aspect as well. The current policies, procedures, and training of PAF represents knowledge gained over 72 years, and two major air battles with the enemy, not counting the numerous other accomplishments. It is simply not humanly possible for any young genius to come up with something that is more valuable than this accumulated experience. With the advance of technology, you get new toys, but Sun Tzu still remains relevant. The art of war, the crux that forms the soul of a warrior, remains the same, and it takes years of experience to master. You see this in martial arts - the Sensei is most respectable and if any upstart tries to best him, he is shown his place immediately.

If it has been explained to a young pilot that the leader's plane is out of bounds - either directly or through the grapevine, there is no excuse for the behavior. If things are more tacit, we are in a gray area. I am 99% confident that in the gray zone, what gets you dismissed is pure cockiness. Sincerely accepting one's mistake and offering an apology should be enough in most cases.

But if an IP/senior is truly biased, then PAF must put in place safeguards to ensure the young talent of our country isn't lost. And I am quite sure such safeguards are already in place.

Again, my two cents.

Tradition, seniority and culture is no excuse for bad leadership.

Leadership in itself is a very abstract concept in almost every field. In armed forces, leadership is not a one way road either. Good leadership is making mistakes and admitting them. The problem lies with the identification of these mistakes which often comes from subordinates, and they are reprimanded for it.

In the cases described earlier, I dont see how Sqn OC has to hold a grudge if a young Flt Lt gets to fly with OC Flying or he gets to take a shot during a mock dogfight. To save themselves the embarrassment, they hamper and limit the learning curve of these young guns and cultivate old school and mediocre strategies to satisfy their own ego. Unacceptable.

As someone said, if USAF stops to innovate its functioning, it will be second in space, not first.

It's normal they used to do alot CAP in night time as well day when I was back home.
Air activity is sub par all the time I dont think any thing else is unusual beside ELINT movements on both sides.

Air activity is sub par all the time I dont think any thing else is unusual beside ELINT movements on both sides.
My village was/is about 60km east of Sargodha I used to see them flying whole day whole night sometime breaking the sound Barriers night time u could see blinking lights of jets.So I take this as fake news beleive Indian Govt has nothing to do so sell pak as boggyman.

My village was/is about 60km east of Sargodha I used to see them flying whole day whole night sometime breaking the sound Barriers night time u could see blinking lights of jets.So I take this as fake news beleive Indian Govt has nothing to do so sell pak as boggyman.
Yeah let them broadcast the weather its the least they can do for Daddy Pakistan.

Yeah let them broadcast the weather its the least they can do for Daddy Pakistan.
They start doing now PTV used to do when I was kid nothing new PTV can do it again can include Indian punjab, Rajasthan even Dehli these are useless and futile things no need to be panic

They start doing now PTV used to do when I was kid nothing new PTV can do it again can include Indian punjab, Rajasthan even Dehli these are useless and futile things no need to be panic
Yeah

We need Operation Reckless Retort this time 40 Strikers and 35+40 Air superiority

This is a screen shot from the article link in your post (originally shared by @polanski )
View attachment 631966
Which seems to state that PAF is operating the EriEye ER (GaN)-based AESA ... contrary to the opinion and claims of many on this forum.

It's an Indian news site, I wouldn't say it's a reliable news source. According to SAAB itself, the ER version of the Erieye radar is only available on the Globaleye, the first example of which was manufactured in early 2018 followed by extensive testing and validation, and SAAB didn't complete its testing and validation until around mid-2019. The PAF ordered the follow up order of 3 new SAAB 2000 Erieyes in mid-2017, which were delivered by 2018. The launch customer of the Globaleye and ER version of the Erieye is the UAE, which should be receiving its initial airframes about now.

It's an Indian news site, I wouldn't say it's a reliable news source. According to SAAB itself, the ER version of the Erieye radar is only available on the Globaleye, the first example of which was manufactured in early 2018 followed by extensive testing and validation, and SAAB didn't complete its testing and validation until around mid-2019. The PAF ordered the follow up order of 3 new SAAB 2000 Erieyes in mid-2017, which were delivered by 2018. The launch customer of the Globaleye and ER version of the Erieye is the UAE, which should be receiving its initial airframes about now.
According to SAAB itself, the ER version of the Erieye radar is only available on the Globaleye,
Saab has said no such thing, and currently 3 other platforms fly the legacy Erieye, all of which can be upgraded to ER. The UAEAF did just that with their Saab340's back in 2015

Swedish surveillance planes in huge UAE deal - 9 November 2015

https://www.thelocal.se/20151109/swedish-surveillance-planes-bought-in-huge-uae-deal

The PAF ordered the follow up order of 3 new SAAB 2000 Erieyes in mid-2017, which were delivered by 2018.

The first ER to PAF, was delivered in Dec 2017, the remaining two in 2018.

The launch customer of the Globaleye and ER version of the Erieye is the UAE, which should be receiving its initial airframes about now.
1st aircraft delivered, last month. 2nd aircraft, static testing done, it is in Flt testing now.

Saab Delivers the First GlobalEye -29 April 2020
https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2020-04/saab-delivers-the-first-globaleye/

Saab has said no such thing, and currently 3 other platforms fly the legacy Erieye, all of which can be upgraded to ER. The UAEAF did just that with their Saab340's back in 2015

Swedish surveillance planes in huge UAE deal - 9 November 2015

https://www.thelocal.se/20151109/swedish-surveillance-planes-bought-in-huge-uae-deal

The first ER to PAF, was delivered in Dec 2017, the remaining two in 2018.

1st aircraft delivered, last month. 2nd aircraft, static testing done, it is in Flt testing now.

Saab Delivers the First GlobalEye -29 April 2020
https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2020-04/saab-delivers-the-first-globaleye/
the question is does PAF uses this GaN base AESA on our ERIEYE????, i don't thinks so brother

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom