What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I'd keep "Indus" for a hypothetical company dedicated to making air-to-air, surface-to-air and air-to-surface weapons... Indus Munitions Company (IMC)...boi I Kno how 2 brand.
That’s more like it, similar to my review on Indus Falcon. Saker isn’t a bad idea either BUT due to the fact that the word isn’t english, would make it appear less appealing due to the simple fact that ALL of the might jets in this world have english titles even J-20 or J-31.

Anything less will give iran vibes which already are “Derh inch ki masjid”

I'd keep "Indus" for a hypothetical company dedicated to making air-to-air, surface-to-air and air-to-surface weapons... Indus Munitions Company (IMC)

boi I Kno how 2 brand...
Ok guess a name plz no Mideast proper local Pak name how Mola Juttt or Sultan Rahi Gandasa??

Ok guess a name plz no Mideast proper local Pak name how Mola Juttt or Sultan Rahi Gandasa??
We use Uqab in Urdu too, just as we use Farsi, Hindustani, etc. We should keep them all and assert ourselves as a tri-regional power, a bridge between civilizations and a natural leader. No need to run into a cave and sit in the dark -- own it, own it all.

Here are some other ideas...

Khyber Heavy Vehicles (KHV)
Baluchistan Engine Systems Production Agency (BESPA)
Ghandhara Engineering Organization (GEO)

Seriously, give me 2 hrs and I can create a marketing framework for Pakistan's defence industry. Literally, I can sell hot air and maybe bring in some billions in foreign exchange.

Sometimes, you've got to rely on words and messaging to bring fuel to a real project, otherwise you'll have people perpetually believe the JF-17 is a MiG-21, or some other nonsense. Had it been up to me, people would call the JF-17 a "grittier Gripen, but more affordable."

Uncles in charge neither have any idea of marketing nor an appreciation for it, hence the reason why "EDGE Group" in UAE is taking us to the woodshed at exhibitions.

Last edited:
We use Uqab in Urdu too, just as we use Farsi, Hindustani, etc. We should keep them all and assert ourselves as a tri-regional power, a bridge between civilizations and a natural leader. No need to run into a cave and sit in the dark -- own it, own it all.

Seriously, give me 2 hrs and I can create a marketing framework for Pakistan's defence industry. Literally, I can sell hot air and maybe bring in some billions in foreign exchange.

Sometimes, you've got to rely on words and messaging to bring fuel to a real project, otherwise you'll have people perpetually believe the JF-17 is a MiG-21, or some other nonsense. Had it been up to me, people would call the JF-17 a "grittier Gripen, but more affordable."

Uncles in charge neither have any idea of marketing nor an appreciation for it, hence the reason why "EDGE Group" in UAE is taking us to the woodshed at exhibitions.
Jeera blade will be good one too, cheeda pistol

Reason I like Indus? When U call it first thing strike in Ur mind is Pakistan very unique we use to have exercise Name Indus Vipers remember??

Jeera blade will be good one too, cheeda pistol

Reason I like Indus? When U call it first thing strike in Ur mind is Pakistan very unique we use to have exercise Name Indus Vipers remember??
IMO places (e.g., Indus, Ghandara, etc) should be associated with organizations, while animals with aircraft or other vehicles, and classical weapons (e.g. lances, swords, daggers, etc) with missiles.

Plus when naming a platform, you should aim to keep it to one word, unless the preceding word is something like "super" (e.g., Super Hornet, Silent Eagle, etc).

So, 'Indus Falcon' sounds more like an event than a system. If you want to retain our culture, then use a local word for an animal for the JF-17. "Baaz" can work, e.g., "jay eff satra baaz" rolls off the tongue.

@MastanKhan @StormBreaker

My very dear Paks,

We need to position our products with global benchmarks... an aspect we have been lacking due varrying reasons...

BlockIII is becoming quite a bird... and deserves rightful recognition... by merely calling it Thunder B3 doesn't do justice...

I do strongly believe that subliminally products sell not only because of quality... Anyhow, even if no one calls B3 IronFalcon ... we shall...

And when B4 pops up... we shall allot it proper title.

Imagine calling dual seater JF17B or Calling it JF17 SnowLeopard or something more inducing...

Regardless, you both are trying to humble this nobody... duely noted. Allow me to thankyou!

Mangus

Let the Phoenix rise from ashes at once; it will mark its name in the hearts of enemies & the name will be there as what you suggest is brilliant as well.

Shooter squadron different from Sharp Shooters,some people here including @Windjammer had doubts @khanasifm

Screenshot_20191201-180236.jpg
Screenshot_20191201-180119.jpg

It was stated on the raising day of this sqn that it’s a temparary sqn. It’s role is LIFT sqn and mostly made up of older f-7ps till all hours are utilized on the airframe

Also paf ft-7s were getting slep to add another 200 hours past useful life to keep ft-7p
Yep acquired from 14 sqn,I have met the OC of this sqn but @Windjammer wouldn't believe me that it's a separate from No. 18.Hope this isn't the case now.

Yep acquired from 14 sqn,I have met the OC of this sqn but @Windjammer wouldn't believe me that it's a separate from No. 18.Hope this isn't the case now.
‘Shooter Squadron’ is an innovative idea of establishing a temporary flying squadron which would serve as a lead in fighter training. It would provide ample opportunities to the young pilots to polish their flying skills and bridging the gap between low-tech and medium tech aircraft. Training at this squadron would give the future air warriors enough confidence to ultimately undergo their conversions on state of the art F-16 and JF-17 Thunder aircraft.

26239918_1558471650937308_7173961542103689798_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom