What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Not a patch, but a historic picture of a PAF Hawker with the markings of No 14 Squadron. The name Tail Choppers was given later after 1965. Wonder what they were called before that.
1909533_59038683881_2477334_n.jpg

http://thetheoryofwellsomethings.blogspot.com/2018/09/saath-jaye-gi-parwaaz-meri.html
Old name was "Shaheens"

View media item 18084View media item 18083I am hoping to visit Karachi soon from the UK. I lived there until 1954 whilst my Father was attached to the RPAF. I have good memories of our house and the Officers' Mess and have attached photos of them Can anyone tell me if they are still there please?
The old C type houses are still there but not accessible from Drigh Road (Shahraeh Faisal) as they have built a security wall. I lived in one of the same houses.

The old C type houses are still there but not accessible from Drigh Road (Shahraeh Faisal) as they have built a security wall. I lived in one of the same houses.
Thank you. Is it possible to show me on Google Maps where they are please? I would be very grateful.

Air Chief meets Kenyan counterpart, discusses matters of mutual cooperation

pakistan-kenyan-air-chiefs-discuss-matters-of-mutual-cooperation-1572079457-6420.jpg

October 26, 2019

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan held a meeting with Commander of Kenya Air Force Major General Francis Ogolla at Moi Air Base in Nairobi, Kenya.

Various matters of mutual cooperation and professional interest came under discussion during the meeting.

The Commander of Kenya Air Force appreciated high standards of professionalism being set by Pakistan Air Force over the years.

The air chief offered support to the Kenya Air Force in the fields of military training and aviation.

Both the dignitaries’ reiterated resolve to further enhance the existing cordial relations between both the air forces.

Air Chief meets Kenyan counterpart, discusses matters of mutual cooperation

pakistan-kenyan-air-chiefs-discuss-matters-of-mutual-cooperation-1572079457-6420.jpg

October 26, 2019

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan held a meeting with Commander of Kenya Air Force Major General Francis Ogolla at Moi Air Base in Nairobi, Kenya.

Various matters of mutual cooperation and professional interest came under discussion during the meeting.

The Commander of Kenya Air Force appreciated high standards of professionalism being set by Pakistan Air Force over the years.

The air chief offered support to the Kenya Air Force in the fields of military training and aviation.

Both the dignitaries’ reiterated resolve to further enhance the existing cordial relations between both the air forces.

https://www.scramble.nl/orbats/kenya/summary

F-5 need replacement ??

The only fighter jet in the world who scored a collision with a moving train.
Happened at the only airport in the world where a railway track crosses the main runway. Happened in 1993.
A PAF F-6 while taking off , crashed into a train crossing the runway at Peshawar air port.

Both pilots escaped unharmed.

The railway line is closed now . Back in the days it used to carry a train service to Afghanistan Border via Landikotal and Jamrud.
The train would stop before the runway awaiting clearance from the control tower. well taking that into account, the Peshawar airport also happened to be the only airport in the world where Aircraft control tower also controlled trains.
In August 1993 a communication lapse between train driver and control tower caused the accident.

The only fighter jet in the world who scored a collision with a moving train.
Happened at the only airport in the world where a railway track crosses the main runway. Happened in 1993.
A PAF F-6 while taking off , crashed into a train crossing the runway at Peshawar air port.

Both pilots escaped unharmed.

The railway line is closed now . Back in the days it used to carry a train service to Afghanistan Border via Landikotal and Jamrud.
The train would stop before the runway awaiting clearance from the control tower. well taking that into account, the Peshawar airport also happened to be the only airport in the world where Aircraft control tower also controlled trains.
In August 1993 a communication lapse between train driver and control tower caused the accident.

I did not know that any picture of the airport of that time will be awesome

Is the following true?

All Mirage III's and V's are planned to be replaced by JF-17s by 2030. In addition all F-7Ps/PGs are to be replaced by JF-17s by 2025.

That's a total of 454 jets.

Source: Wiki
Single JF17 capabilities = at least 2 if not 3 mirages and F7s. As per ACM statement no 1:1 replacement.

The JF-17BBC0001 prototype conducted its maiden flight on April 27, 2017. The JF-17B 02 prototype flew for the first time on December 7, 2017. Currently the 01 prototype (17-601) is conducting test flights at PAC with the pitot tube removed from the nose. The 03 prototype conducted its maiden flight on August 3rd, 2018. 26 were reportedly ordered by PAF, with the initial delivery in 2019 (starting 19-604?). A recent rumor (November 2018) suggested that an EW variant (JF-17E?) has been proposed.
IMG_20191027_191011.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom