What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Anyone know what aircraft these are? Image is a bit dated

Handley-Page Halifax bomber.

69ac7073dacccf9cf44b778cb83c7b2c.jpg

Islamabad highlights defence aviation progress

11 OCTOBER, 2019 SOURCE: FLIGHTGLOBAL.COM BY: GREG WALDRON SINGAPORE

The Pakistan military’s yearbook for 2017-2018 disclosed that Islamabad has obtained at least 60 CM-400AKG air-to-surface missiles, and that work continues on a future fighter concept.

During the two years covered in the yearbook, which covers all arms of the military, Islamabad spent $100 million to obtain 60 Chinese-made CM-400AKGs, a supersonic anti-ship missile that can be deployed from the Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 fighter.

A mock-up of the missile has frequently appeared on static display with Pakistan Air Force (PAF) JF-17s at Air Show China held every two years in Zhuhai.

A JF-17 at the Zhuhai static park in 2016 - note CM-400AKG on bottom left.

Greg Waldron

According to the manufacturer, the weapon uses “high [altitude] launching” to achieve “higher aircraft survivability.” AVIC has listed the 0.4m-diameter missile as having a range of between 54-130nm (100-240km), while carrying either a 150kg blast warhead or 200kg penetration warhead.

Meanwhile, work on Pakistan’s Next Generation Fighter Aircraft (NGFA) – named Project Azm – is proceeding, having completed its first cycle of conceptual design.

“The first configuration that was designed based on the challenging performance requirements of PAF will go through three more cycles within the conceptual design using higher fidelity analysis tools and codes,” it says.

The yearbook adds that a sixth airborne early warning & control (AEW&C) aircraft was added at a cost of $95 million. Pakistan defence analysis group Quwa suggests that this is the nation’s sixth Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C asset.

Another acquisition involved a trio of Saab 2000 aircraft for $9.3 million. In addition to its Saab 2000 Erieyes, Islamabad also operates the type as multi-role platforms.

The two years covered in the yearbook also saw 12 Dassault Mirage III and V fighters overhauled at the PAC's Mirage Rebuild Factory. In addition, there was significant overhaul work on engine types such as the Pratt & Whitney F100 and Rolls-Royce T56, and the acquisition of five Klimov RD-93 for $22.4 million for the JF-17 fleet.

yourfile.jpeg

WoW, a picture of the PAF Ensign on my car was removed with...
Reason: Post of no value

If I were to dissect half the posts done by most on PDF - half would be removed.
Whatever to the Mod who removed it.

Respect the topic in hand and see the subject for better understanding. We have so much to cry but very less to offer on topic. So how about not to derail if there is nothing to add and keep it clean.

All should be removed but then again, there are very few here having a working brain to understand that not every thread deserved to be polluted.

Project Azm = Lead by #PAF to develop/build 5th generation aircraft, weapon systems and MALE attack drones.

° Project Hangor = Lead by Pakistan #Navy to acquire and build 8X Hangor Class Submarines.

° Project Haider = Lead by #Pakistan #Army to develop & build a 4th gen Tank.

DievI6IWsAEQ2Ov%20(1).jpeg

Project Azm = Lead by #PAF to develop/build 5th generation aircraft, weapon systems and MALE attack drones.

° Project Hangor = Lead by Pakistan #Navy to acquire and build 8X Hangor Class Submarines.

° Project Haider = Lead by #Pakistan #Army to develop & build a 4th gen Tank.

View attachment 584026
Projects
DievKFIX4AAnSTn.jpeg
DievJthXcAAi1Km.jpeg

Respect the topic in hand and see the subject for better understanding. We have so much to cry but very less to offer on topic. So how about not to derail if there is nothing to add and keep it clean.

All should be removed but then again, there are very few here having a working brain to understand that not every thread deserved to be polluted.
Hello sir sorry for quoting you here but any info regarding F 16s Block 70s T&Cs? you said you will disclose them once you go through them. that thread is been closed so i am asking here.

Hello sir sorry for quoting you here but any info regarding F 16s Block 70s T&Cs? you said you will disclose them once you go through them. that thread is been closed so i am asking here.

I meant the possible T&Cs but nothing so far confirmed. The chatter has it that there might be some unpleasant T&Cs but only time will tell. Let it be confirmed first as I don't want to make a fuss out of nothing for the moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom