What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Fighters.

Hi,

In a sea battle---with the enemy aircraft targeting american ships in large numbers and launching sub sonic AShM missiles at them---american aircraft engaging the enemy aircraft and some trying to chase down sub sonic cruise missiles---as the A to A missiles were gone---the gun remained---the last ditch effort to take the missiles down---?????

The 7th sqn would be full strength in June ?? Assuming 12 plus 2 jf b model may be for 7th sqn ??

The last three Pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 Thunder Block II multirole combat aircraft are scheduled to arrive for the Pakistan Air Force by the end of June. The JF-17 Thunder is single-engine, multi-role combat aircraft utilized primarily by Pakistan for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception. Pakistan’s first Thunder aircraft was rolled out in 2009. The Pakistan Air Force ordered additional 12 platforms in 2017. The JF-17s are currently on the Aircraft Manufacturing Factory final assembly line. Approximately 25 Block II variants of the JF-17 were being manufactured in Pakistan annually. Production will be terminated in favor of the upcoming JF-17 Block III. Block III production will start later this year. There is yet to be made a decision, which radar will be integrated into the aircraft.

Kindly reveals that how many new JF-17 Block III will be added to PAF by the end of 2020.How many manufactured in China and how many in Pakistan ??
Are these 4th generation or fifth gen ??

Something that even our officers pointed out after Balakot. ;)

@krash @Knuckles @Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @denel @Khafee @MastanKhan @The Deterrent @Nilgiri @Hellfire @MilSpec

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-a-navy-f-14-fleet-pilot-turned-f-5-aggressor
I flew BFM against a variety of dissimilar aircraft as a Tomcat pilot. During a memorable week off the coast of Pakistan we flew a number of BFM and BVR sorties against the Pakistani Air Force. I still have some spectacular HUD footage from engagements against MiG-21s (J-7s).

I remember being amazed at the lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment from their F-16 pilots.

@krash @Knuckles @Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @denel @Khafee @MastanKhan @The Deterrent @Nilgiri @Hellfire @MilSpec

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-a-navy-f-14-fleet-pilot-turned-f-5-aggressor
I flew BFM against a variety of dissimilar aircraft as a Tomcat pilot. During a memorable week off the coast of Pakistan we flew a number of BFM and BVR sorties against the Pakistani Air Force. I still have some spectacular HUD footage from engagements against MiG-21s (J-7s).

I remember being amazed at the lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment from their F-16 pilots.
And yet zero evidence from IAF, just BS as usual.

And yet zero evidence from IAF, just BS as usual.
IIRC the 'BVR exercises' this guy was talking about must have been from the 1990s, i.e., during the embargo when Pakistan's F-16s didn't have BVR. @Khafee weren't F-6s also involved in this exercise, and didn't one sneak behind a F-14?

IIRC the 'BVR exercises' this guy was talking about must have been from the 1990s, i.e., during the embargo when Pakistan's F-16s didn't have BVR. @Khafee weren't F-6s also involved in this exercise, and didn't one sneak behind a F-14?

You don't need a BVR missile in order to train for it.

PAF F-16s did sneak on Tomcats as well and the brand new F/A-18Cs.

I doubt the Balakot supposed raid worked out in favour of the Indian government to supposedly take out 300 people, for which there were almost no burials by the locals in the area. The IAF under the instructions from the Indian government tried to use Pakistan as a playground, dropped a few bombs and fled. PAF responded the next day.....we all know other than the Indian media how that went. Otherwise they wouldn't have been butt hurt to cry about AMRAAMs (they are meant to be fired, not for decoration purposes) and the use of Vipers in combat.

Regarding the US Navy pilot's article....he commented well on it (and that too is reflective during that time) but that is not conclusive to what I've read and heard from other pilots who conducted exercises with PAF Vipers.

Cheers!!!!

You have to remember that this likely took place in the 90's when the PAF was limited by sanctions.

This almost certainly translated into limitations in performance. (no known BVR capability and thus limited profiency although anti-BVR tactics were employed)

As an outside observer, the 90's (pre-9/11 certainly) appeared to be a dark time for PAF.

However, you can ask Abhinandnan what he thinks about the profieciency and weapons emplyoment of the PAF now.

Otherwise they wouldn't have been butt hurt to cry about AMRAAMs (they are meant to be fired, not for decoration purposes) and the use of Vipers in combat.

Our main aim for pointing out the use of AMRAAMs is to get the USG to sanction Pakistan over the use of the F-16s and force the withdrawal of the US as a major arms supplier of hitech weapons to Pakistan, which has worked to a significant extent. And more will be done after elections towards that goal.

Making this public has done wonders. Now the US cannot be seen publicly helping Pakistan under the watchful eyes of our media, and in extension, the people of India, or risk alienation. One of the prime reasons why the F-16 is now the F-21. So what looks like butthurt to you is actually carefully calculated manoeuvres to slowly move Pakistan away from Western suppliers as much as possible. And if it works, you should already know the repercussions.

As for Balakot, it's just my claim against your claim, so it's pointless to debate it. What's more interesting in the article I quoted is the Tomcat pilot's candid admission about Pakistani pilots. He was ridiculously specific there. And, much more importantly, matches what an IAF officer also pointed out.

Regards

Our main aim for pointing out the use of AMRAAMs is to get the USG to sanction Pakistan over the use of the F-16s and force the withdrawal of the US as a major arms supplier of hitech weapons to Pakistan, which has worked to a significant extent. And more will be done after elections towards that goal.

Making this public has done wonders. Now the US cannot be seen publicly helping Pakistan under the watchful eyes of our media, and in extension, the people of India, or risk alienation. One of the prime reasons why the F-16 is now the F-21. So what looks like butthurt to you is actually carefully calculated manoeuvres to slowly move Pakistan away from Western suppliers as much as possible. And if it works, you should already know the repercussions.

As for Balakot, it's just my claim against your claim, so it's pointless to debate it. What's more interesting in the article I quoted is the Tomcat pilot's candid admission about Pakistani pilots. He was ridiculously specific there. And, much more importantly, matches what an IAF officer also pointed out.

Regards
Since we're all just saying things, the article could also be well-executed pandering to the F-21 market.

You have to remember that this likely took place in the 90's when the PAF was limited by sanctions.

This almost certainly translated into limitations in performance. (no known BVR capability and thus limited profiency although anti-BVR tactics were employed)

You don't need a missile to train for BVR. Already pointed it out. And the PAF F-16s could easily simulate BVR kills.

Also, when two air forces are facing each other without a common missile in their inventory, a fictional missile is simulated. The IAF simulates MICA with the French and a fictional missile with the Americans. So technically, IAF and USAF also do not have the Aim-120 during exercises, but still train for BVR.

As an outside observer, the 90's (pre-9/11 certainly) appeared to be a dark time for PAF.

The 90s wasn't good for us either.

However, you can ask Abhinandnan what he thinks about the profieciency and weapons emplyoment of the PAF now.

Let's just say it was the highlight of his career to date.

Since we're all just saying things, the article could also be well-executed pandering to the F-21 market.

Dunno how an F-14 article helps the chances of the F-21 here.

Regards

Pakistan has always been prone to US military sanctions since 1960s.

Regards
I understand and I agree with the Tomcat driver (I know a Viper driver who has shot him in an exercise) . You have any info from the IAF officer who said that. Or was it in person. I'm interested out of curiosity on their point of view. Respectfully.

Oh and more AMRAAMs are being worked on for PAF and Moroccan Vipers.

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom