What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Doesn't matter who's 1st or second. Nigeria ordered 1 batch of 3, whilst Myanmar ordered 1 batch of 16. This delivery is for Myanmar thus the JF17M designation. For Nigeria it's JF17N, but we all know that. Nigeria has plans to order a 2nd batch of 3 aircraft.

Doesn't matter who's 1st or second. Nigeria ordered 1 batch of 3, whilst Myanmar ordered 1 batch of 16. This delivery is for Myanmar thus the JF17M designation. For Nigeria it's JF17N, but we all know that. Nigeria has plans to order a 2nd batch of 3 aircraft.

Sir, what is the progress of deliveries to Nigeria?

384620_6044328_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan visited Headquarters of Royal Saudi Air Force during an official visit of Saudi Arabia.

Pakistan Air Force Needs Mig 25 like fighter jets which could fly up to 35 - 37 km high altitude and easily could penetrate into indian air space even S-400 on borders because S-400 can track the target up to 30 Km high altitude more than this limit S-400 can't trace nor it could kill it.

Pakistan Air Force Needs Mig 25 like fighter jets which could fly up to 35 - 37 km high altitude and easily could penetrate into indian air space even S-400 on borders because S-400 can track the target up to 30 Km high altitude more than this limit S-400 can't trace nor it could kill it.

Mig-25 was an interceptor designed to take out long range bombers, or for recon purposes. Since IAF does not field bombers and satellites have taken over the role from Mig-25, SR-71 etc, Pakistan needs to concentrate on science and technology to enable it to build and launch its own satellites.

I don't understand your post. What does lack of finances has to do with not putting all your eggs in the same basket? The lesser the resources, the more cautious one should be to disperse/safeguard them not the other way round.

beggers cannot be choosers my friend. I have thought of the consequences of clustering but the answers are not so easy.
A

We all know what PAF needs …. its all about what PAF can get and will get !!!!

I don't understand your post. What does lack of finances has to do with not putting all your eggs in the same basket? The lesser the resources, the more cautious one should be to disperse/safeguard them not the other way round.
Resource constraint in my view has various facets. Lack of trained personnel, ancillary support technologies, and administrative oversight demand clustering. We are not a developed setup where we have hundred and thousands of trained personnel. Transfer of material from one site to another has a cost to it. Considering all this clustering has been adopted. It is a necessity and accepts the limitation of ease of destruction in an attack as a plausible yet necessary /unavoidable action. I hope I have clarified my point of view. In any case in todays times where the location of each and every factory of strategic importance is known all it would require would be 2 different attacks rather than one and that should not be too difficult to manage for an opponent so it is at the end of the day a mute point in my very humble opinion.
A

384620_6044328_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan visited Headquarters of Royal Saudi Air Force during an official visit of Saudi Arabia.
Is this a standardcustomary visit or is there more behind it.
A

Last edited:
Resource constraint in my view has various facets. Lack of trained personnel, ancillary support technologies, and administrative oversight demand clustering. We are not a developed setup where we have hundred and thousands of trained personnel. Transfer of material from one site to another has a cost to it. Considering all this clustering has been adopted. It is a necessity and accepts the limitation of ease of destruction in an attack as a plausible yet necessary action. I hope I have clarified my point of view. In any case in todays times where the location of each and every factory of strategic importance is known all it would require would be 2 different attacks ratyer than one and that should not be too difficult to manage for an opponent so it is at the end of the day a mute point in my very humble opinion.
A

Is this a standard customafy visit or is there more behind it.
A

Normal customary visit that’s being blown out of proportion

Air Platforms

AVIC readies Wing Loong I-D prototype for maiden flight

Kelvin Wong, Singapore - Jane's International Defence Review

21 October 2018

State-owned aerospace and defence prime Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) is on track to perform the maiden flight of its new strike-capable Wing Loong I-D reconnaissance medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (MALE UAV) by the end of 2018, following the handover of an all-composite airframe for the prototype air vehicle by contractor Sichuan Xinwanxing Carbon Fiber Composite Co Ltd (Xinwanxing) in late August.

According to information released by Xinwanxing, the 330 kg composite airframe – which was fabricated at the company’s primary production facility in Jiajiang county, Sichuan province – measures 8.7 m long and 3.2 m tall with a wingspan of 17.6 m, matching the original specifications stated by AVIC at the 2016 iteration of the Airshow China exhibition where it first announced its intention to develop an improved variant of successful Wing Loong I UAV.

A scale model of the Wing Loong I-D was unveiled at Airshow China 2016. The prototype air vehicle is expected to perform its maiden flight by the end of 2018. (IHS Markit/Kelvin Wong)

The Wing Loong I-D will be powered by a piston engine, with the company aiming to achieve a maximum speed of 280 km/h and a service ceiling of 7,500 m (24,600 ft). An operating endurance of 35 hours is also desired.

AVIC also stated that the new variant will be capable of carrying up to 400 kg of external stores, although details of its internal carriage capacity have not been made public.

In contrast, the baseline Wing Loong I design comprises a conventional aluminium fuselage supported by composite structural components and has entered service with the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) under the designation of Gongji-1 (Attack-1). It is also operated by the armed forces of Egypt, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.

The Wing Loong I measures 9 m long, 2.8 m tall, and has a wingspan of 14 m. The air vehicle – which performed its maiden flight in 2007 following two years of development – has a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 1,200 kg and a maximum payload capacity of 200 kg, split evenly between internal and external stores.

p1703994.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom