What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

How much expensive ?
Btw whats your opinion on buying C 130J ?
Each A330 MRTT is around $250-300 m.

Each C-130J is around $233 m.

Note: both prices include training, logistics and after-sale maintenance and support costs. Still quite expensive.

That said, one alternative to the C-130J might be the LM-100J; it's basically the same aircraft, but without the costly on board electronics. Each LM-100J could potentially be had for around $100 m each (with support package).

Each A330 MRTT is around $250-300 m.

Each C-130J is around $233 m.

Note: both prices include training, logistics and after-sale maintenance and support costs. Still quite expensive.

That said, one alternative to the C-130J might be the LM-100J; it's basically the same aircraft, but without the costly on board electronics. Each LM-100J could potentially be had for around $100 m each (with support package).
Is our transport fleet enough and do u think our C 130 B models need replacement?

Is our transport fleet enough and do u think our C 130 B models need replacement?
I don't think the PAF is worrying about the C-130s at the moment.

The main issue I think are air-to-air refueling (AAR) aircraft. The IL-78MP isn't fuel-efficient enough for the role nor is it compatible with the F-16. If only for fuel-efficiency, the KC-390 could be an interesting match to the JF-17 (and next-generation fighters), but otherwise, I imagine the A330 MRTT would be ideal.

I don't think the PAF is worrying about the C-130s at the moment.

The main issue I think are air-to-air refueling (AAR) aircraft. The IL-78MP isn't fuel-efficient enough for the role nor is it compatible with the F-16. If only for fuel-efficiency, the KC-390 could be an interesting match to the JF-17 (and next-generation fighters), but otherwise, I imagine the A330 MRTT would be ideal.
Both of us know Paf wont dump IL 78 till next decade , buying 2 A330 MRTT for around 500 million $ would be Ideal. Lets see what happens.

Can this platform support support our F 16's?

I was just thinking about the transport fleet! I don't know if it is even possible for PAF to introduce so deep in Indian airspace?

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the transport fleet! I don't if it is even possible for PAF to introduce so deep in Indian airspace?
Ohh I thought u were talking about MRTT , For transport fleet , yes it can be an option but it depends about its engines tbh.

38391786_1801128086671662_2980287959997087744_n.jpg

Interested does not mean they'll buy it. They got their own domestic projects and the Gripen program coming up. They'll pick the best platform based on their resources, selection decisions at the best cost..
Yup, with Embraer as a local giant, they are looking for good top line solutions which they can own.

Back
Top Bottom