What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Project azm 5th gen fgfaView attachment 493335
Well if the design and Rcs meets the standards set for a stealth aircraft, then it's a wise decision to adapt the Fc-31 design with changes made in design for a single engine, which in long term is an economical solution to keep max fleet airworthy. Engines being developed in China will mature in few years more, as if J20 engine will be up to the power for Azm project. Adopting design would also help save a lot of time, efforts and money in terms of testing and making it a proven design.

Please inform how many of the 100 built so far are made in china. It's already known its a joint venture between China and Pakistan. No more debate on this please.
Yes no more calling it indeginous or what ever verbiage to make it your own.
Please inform how many of the 100 built so far are made in china. It's already known its a joint venture between China and Pakistan. No more debate on this please.
Salman.
Please check the meaning of indigenous before writing it then saying it is a joint venture. It is completely a product of china with input from Pak.
We all know what it is so please dont give it a coinage which it is not; that is what i am suggesting.

Salman.
Please check the meaning of indigenous before writing it then saying it is a joint venture. It is completely a product of china with input from Pak.
We all know what it is so please dont give it a coinage which it is not; that is what i am suggesting.
Its a joint venture not indigenous tho.
And we all know that ask any senior member @Windjammer @Oscar @Signalian

I think it's not there to compete for a tender its there to demonstrate what it can show. By the way has Poland made an indigenous fighter jet in their 100 years, No we have, and its there in our colours and we should be proud of it.
Yes I know the meaning of indigenous, solely ours. My mistake, but used it in a sense that some freind was disliking the colour scheme Paf used and sent that bird to Poland. I was just referring to the achievement as compared to other air forces. And the post you are referring my brother I also stated a joint venture of China and Pakistan.

Salman.
It did have Pakistani engineers oursourced and as part of the design team(certain papers were published and others co authored). But as such the JF-17/FC-1 is a product of Chengdu.
@messiach

@All How do we serve information to&fro in a 4th gen platform?
All generations have some sort of datalink, the more interesting bit is the medium. I wonder if the idea of using the AESA as the data transfer antenna has made it to PAC? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

My favorite means is what was originally planned for the F-22: a dual radio/laser based datalink which would be essentially impossible to jam unless physically blocked.

All generations have some sort of datalink, the more interesting bit is the medium. I wonder if the idea of using the AESA as the data transfer antenna has made it to PAC? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

My favorite means is what was originally planned for the F-22: a dual radio/laser based datalink which would be essentially impossible to jam unless physically blocked.
IIRC the current push of the industry is to use AESA TRMs for both radar and EW/ECM and, I imagine, having these TRMs work in unison. You'd need a sensor fusion engine that can properly manage these TRMs, but the outcome is 360-degree situational awareness, forward jamming and hundreds of available data transfer antennas for TDL.

How about a satellite datalink? Especially now that we are progressing towards indigenous satellite technology.

Imagine the Thunder launching a modified Raad that serves as an over the horizon reconnaissance drone sending pictures, video, and data through satellite uplink.

How about a satellite datalink? Especially now that we are progressing towards indigenous satellite technology.

Imagine the Thunder launching a modified Raad that serves as an over the horizon reconnaissance drone sending pictures, video, and data through satellite uplink.
Or, to take your idea further.. RAAD having these capabilities as part of its guidance allowing it to be provide ISR on its way to target and then blow stuff up too. While it may seem expensive, Babur already has some sensor capabilities to actually capture imagery on route but that’s for TERPROM and target recognition.

H-2(Raptor) had image transmission back to thr target but I don’t think it is recorded on the datalink @denel

Or, to take your idea further.. RAAD having these capabilities as part of its guidance allowing it to be provide ISR on its way to target and then blow stuff up too. While it may seem expensive, Babur already has some sensor capabilities to actually capture imagery on route but that’s for TERPROM and target recognition.

H-2(Raptor) had image transmission back to thr target but I don’t think it is recorded on the datalink @denel

Excellent. The ideal platform would be the B version where GIBS can update ISR while pilot concentrates on the flight. Going one step further, such Over The Horizon (OTH) sensor cum missile platforms could be controlled from AEWACS as well. The possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom