What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Excellent. The ideal platform would be the B version where GIBS can update ISR while pilot concentrates on the flight. Going one step further, such Over The Horizon (OTH) sensor cum missile platforms could be controlled from AEWACS as well. The possibilities are endless.
So are costs

Yes no more calling it indeginous or what ever verbiage to make it your own.

Salman.
Please check the meaning of indigenous before writing it then saying it is a joint venture. It is completely a product of china with input from Pak.
We all know what it is so please dont give it a coinage which it is not; that is what i am suggesting.

Hi,

I think that your title " Senior Member " needs to be changed to " Defence Professional " category---so that the youngsters may think twice to nip at your heels---.:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Last edited:
So are costs

The idea is to benefit from indigenization/local production. If we look at the components, Raad, satellite, Thunder are all either indigenous or being produced locally. Furthermore, if we limit the range to the MTCR limit, we can benefit from exports as well.

Imagine a network of indigenous satellites providing coverage all the way to Turkey, or even Nigeria. The possibilities are endless!

The idea is to benefit from indigenization/local production. If we look at the components, Raad, satellite, Thunder are all either indigenous or being produced locally. Furthermore, if we limit the range to the MTCR limit, we can benefit from exports as well.

Imagine a network of indigenous satellites providing coverage all the way to Turkey, or even Nigeria. The possibilities are endless!
Imagination is good( and I would never discourage it)but we need more than imagination when it comes to the myriad problems that effect our country’s R&D base.

There is a large contingent now. Early 2000's there were handful but this is their work. Lean$Mean.

It did have Pakistani engineers oursourced and as part of the design team(certain papers were published and others co authored). But as such the JF-17/FC-1 is a product of Chengdu.
@messiach

Imagination is good( and I would never discourage it)but we need more than imagination when it comes to the myriad problems that effect our country’s R&D base.

Slightly off-topic, but if we quickly reflect on a discussion from another thread about quality of Pakistani soldiers vs American soldiers, it all goes back to social fabric.

In America and the West in general, you have at least a semblance of quality education. Most importantly, health is tied with education. Meals are served at the school cafeteria to provide nutrition. A solid culture of sports such as gymnastics, rugby, basketball provides exercise. You have a social fabric of educated, healthy people. Then, the population is largely free of mental tensions and stresses. This creates an environment for innovation, leadership, and excellence.

So, yes, we have huge challenges because of the same fundamental reasons, whether we are talking about quality of soldiers, or quality of researchers.

BUT, as far as research is concerned, there are quick fix solutions available. Make Western textbooks meant for first year of uni widely available. Books such as Physics Vol 1 and 2 by Halliday, Resnick, and Krane. Calculus by Howard Anton. Now create a program where students passing 12th grade are tested on these uni books. The test MUST NOT be about rote learning. It MUST test the ability to solve problems, with each year having a completely different set of problems. Provide incentives such as scholarships, stipends etc. The idea is to find students who are both willing and able to absorb material that is higher than what is taught up till grade 12. And absorb it to a degree where they can apply it to solve complex problems. I guarantee you, you WILL strike gold, Insha Allah. Had such programs been in place when yours truly passed 12th grade, you might be seeing two Pakistani flags in my profile today.

@All not to Oscar. There are lot of terms i read here, one is datalinks, link16-17-X with little insight. One of our colleagues created a 'spawned honeypot server' on a mobile platform & duped the rafael into accepting as original server. Create a server on your localhost & you can recraft it from zero.

All generations have some sort of datalink, the more interesting bit is the medium. I wonder if the idea of using the AESA as the data transfer antenna has made it to PAC? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
a dual radio/laser based datalink which would be essentially impossible to jam unless physically blocked.

Last edited:
@All not to Oscar. There are lot of terms i read here, one is datalinks, link16-17-X with little insight. One of our colleagues created a 'spawned honeypot server' on a mobile platform & duped the rafael into accepting as original server. Jet was owned.

Well of course security is of utmost importance. The point is, he hacked the Rafale once, can he hack it again after the design team has wisened up about the flaw?

@All not to Oscar. There are lot of terms i read here, one is datalinks, link16-17-X with little insight. One of our colleagues created a 'spawned honeypot server' on a mobile platform & duped the rafael into accepting as original server. Jet was owned.

Are you hinting at quantum communications by any chance?

@All not to Oscar. There are lot of terms i read here, one is datalinks, link16-17-X with little insight. One of our colleagues created a 'spawned honeypot server' on a mobile platform & duped the rafael into accepting as original server. Create a server on your localhost & you can recraft it from zero.
Link 17 was started right in front of me- one guy was handed the pdf for stanag 5516 & 5522 and asked to start reading.:p:

Back
Top Bottom