What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Man Sohail Aman had a vision. I am very scared that this new guy or his team might just go for a foreign licensed and locally produced fighter, killing off any prospect of strengthening our R&D abilities. Instead of actually making the FGF in house inside Pakistan.

He should visit Turkey as well. They have better goodies in terms of electronics and munitions to offer. And a solid know how since they have been manufacturing F-16s and now stealth composite materials used in F-35 Fuselage.

Moreover, with the T-129 along with local assembly making inroads into our defence industry Turkey will be a highly valuable partner in defence especially aerospace albeit an expensive one but one that will pay off in the long run.
Not every chief is same..if current CAS doesn't appear much on Tv like the former that doesn't mean he isnt doing anything.
Quoting words of a Paf senior officer "the institute is merely affected by the change of CAS"

Not every chief is same..if current CAS doesn't appear much on Tv like the former that doesn't mean he isnt doing anything.
Quoting words of a Paf senior officer "the institute is merely affected by the change of CAS"
But some CAS can make or break the PAF by appointments of yes men or corrupt people.

APP42-01Islamabad.jpg
APP53-01Islamabad.jpg

Werent the brazilians interested in JF17 earlier as well???
Interested does not mean they'll buy it. They got their own domestic projects and the Gripen program coming up. They'll pick the best platform based on their resources, selection decisions at the best cost..

Yep I think the same way. Was just recalling how they had an interest in JF17 in the past. What domestic projects they have tho???

I thought they had a design that turned out to be a paper tiger.
Interested does not mean they'll buy it. They got their own domestic projects and the Gripen program coming up. They'll pick the best platform based on their resources, selection decisions at the best cost..

Yep I think the same way. Was just recalling how they had an interest in JF17 in the past. What domestic projects they have tho???

I thought they had a design that turned out to be a paper tiger.

You are mixing Argentina and Brazil ?? For jf interest ??

Brazilian always had Swedish Grippen in sight and traditionally enjoyed / preferred Swedish products

IMO ... the Brazilians are trying to sell us on the KC-390.

The PAF would never consider the KC-390 a viable replacement for the C-130B/E, the latter is credible beyond doubt in Pakistan's hot-and-high environment. However, the KC-390 could make for an interesting multi-role tanker and transport (MRTT) replacement to the IL-78.

The IL-78 does provide a unique capability in terms of heavy-lift, but those D-30 engines aren't as efficient as the KC-390's IAE V2500, i.e. an airliner engine (used by the many hundreds of A320s around the world). From better fuel efficiency to lower life-cycle costs (via an ubiquitous commercial and global MRO base), KC-390 looks good.

IMO ... the Brazilians are trying to sell us on the KC-390.

The PAF would never consider the KC-390 a viable replacement for the C-130B/E, the latter is credible beyond doubt in Pakistan's hot-and-high environment. However, the KC-390 could make for an interesting multi-role tanker and transport (MRTT) replacement to the IL-78.

The IL-78 does provide a unique capability in terms of heavy-lift, but those D-30 engines aren't as efficient as the KC-390's IAE V2500, i.e. an airliner engine (used by the many hundreds of A320s around the world). From better fuel efficiency to lower life-cycle costs (via an ubiquitous commercial and global MRO base), KC-390 looks good.
Can KC 390 refuel our F 16's?

Oh yeah thanks for correction. Argentinians were the ones who were joy riding on multiple platforms like kfir etc etc
You are mixing Argentina and Brazil ?? For jf interest ??

Brazilian always had Swedish Grippen in sight and traditionally enjoyed / preferred Swedish products

So can it be option for our fleet?
I was thinking we can make a sqn just by purchasing 2 example solely for our F 16's fleet
No. The KC-390 can only work with the JF-17 and Mirages, not the F-16. The F-16 needs a boom type refueler, but those are basically unavaipauna to us. The only plausible option is the A330 MRTT, but it's not on offer and/or too expensive.

No. The KC-390 can only work with the JF-17 and Mirages, not the F-16. The F-16 needs a boom type refueler, but those are basically unavaipauna to us. The only plausible option is the A330 MRTT, but it's not on offer and/or too expensive.
How much expensive ?
Btw whats your opinion on buying C 130J ?

Back
Top Bottom