What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

The Chinese are moving forward faster than the west. Will catch up with the west in 5 years esp in quality engine manufacturing
Yes sir. But to produce something like EJ-200 might take a bit longer. TWR of Chinese engines is not better than Russian engines, it seems.

The US government has denied a request by Turkey to recruit F-16 instructors from Pakistan in order to conduct in-house training of more pilots for the Turkish Air Force. According to the contract agreed when the F-16s were sold, Ankara needs to request permission from Washington if it is to order a third party to conduct maintenance or training with the aircraft, leaving Turkey with the only option of sending trainee pilots to the US for such training, after Washington further refused to send its pilots to Turkey. One of the reasons for being reported is that the majority of US jet pilots are already on active duty conducting missions against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, while cynics may point to the recent dip in relations between Turkey and its NATO allies as potential cause for the denial. Turkey’s low manpower problem stems from an ongoing military and civil service purge following last year’s attempted coup against the government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan. During the thwarted putsch, 25 coup pilots flew with F-16 jets and 11 of them bombed strategic sites, including its Parliament.

Again, you are nobody to tell me any of the above. Yes I pay taxes, & yes I give a proportion of my income in charity, & yes I volunteer my time. I also try to deal with cynics like yourself, and view it as public service. I am glad we got it over with, & I hope that this never comes up again. But having read your posts for more than a decade, I think you would find a way to bring it up again somehow.

You do not live in Pakistan & so do not know what intelligentsia thinks, or what students aspire to being, or what taxpayers feel. Most of what you say is made up of coarse generalizations (except some technical stuff), and you do not realize how off the mark you are most of the time. That is why most senior posters hv put you on their ignore list. Since most ppl do not argue with you, in your ignorance you feel that everyone agrees with your gibberish relating to PAF, M2K, Rafales, etc...

Lately you hv become even more arrogant & insufferable. You quoted one of the serious members and said some nasty personal stuff. The gentleman concerned has put you on ignore list, so he does not know that you hv talked rubbish about him. So I thought I would do the honors instead.

When I was moderating, I would warn ppl to be civil to you. You had your opinions, but you were not this arrogant & insufferable back then. Something has really changed and it is definitely for the worst.

If you could get any idea of the above, you would not be complaining of vitriol coming from me.

Hi,

You can shut your eyes close your ears or put someone on ignore list---but then in your spare time---read the history of the destruction of the muslim empire by Chengiz Khan---.

Learned educated influential people over there also put those on the ignore list---whose message they did not like---there is nothing left of their civilization and history---only that they existed---and then they were wiped out.

So---it does not surprise me a tad bit.

Hi,

You can shut your eyes close your ears or put someone on ignore list---but then in your spare time---read the history of the destruction of the muslim empire by Chengiz Khan---.

Learned educated influential people over there also put those on the ignore list---whose message they did not like---there is nothing left of their civilization and history---only that they existed---and then they were wiped out.

So---it does not surprise me a tad bit.

Assumptions galore.

You are assuming that:

1. I am ignorant of the history of Mongols. I am not ignorant of the said history. I think your mind can only comprehend black & white and therefore you come up with stark examples. It costs you nothing to do so. But were it up to someone to implement your prescriptions, it would cost a lot to people in Pakistan. Frankly, any nation that has abysmal HDI would likely be considered closer to Chengiz Khan's Mongols. On that score, maybe Pakistan is qualifies to be called Mongolia. You, O great general may lead Pakistan to battle & glory - NOT

You keep quoting the example of Mongols. Are you OK? I mean you do not understand the most obvious & comical facets of your own tales.

In case you think Indians are analogous to Mongols, then you are seriously deluded. They have much better institutional frame work. Their army has never had the gall to dictate or overthrow the civilian government. You came up with the example of Mongols a few days ago too. Can you not comprehend that your example falls flat on all counts?

It is the ossification of thought, such as yours, that causes countries to lose their edge. Your ideas got fixed decades back and the world has moved on.

Nobody wants to occupy Pakistan or to destroy it. It is Pakistanis themselves that are doing a great job of it. All thanks to people like you that thought more of weapons than people.

Air Platforms

Turkey addresses pilot shortage

Kerry Herschelman - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

31 August 2017

The Turkish government issued a new decree on 25 August requiring civil aviation pilots to return to the Turkish Air Force Command (TAFC) in an attempt to bridge a serious shortage in combat pilots.

The shortage has become more acute as a result of the ongoing massive purges of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) and of pilots after the 2016 failed coup.

One of the measures Turkey has reportedly taken to address the pilot shortage is to request Pakistan to send three F-16 pilot trainers. However, the US, which supplies F-16s, did not give permission to Turkey to receive Pakistani trainers.
And hence why one shouldn't invest in f16s.even though it was way cheaper option as compared to mirage2000. This was true back in 1980s. Now PAF is stuck with f16s so i wont blame them for working on it
From what i am seeing in other branches of armed forces. I believe had there been no sanctions or clear offer from china we wouldn't have had jf 17

I laugh at the Arab Sheiks wasting billions of dollars on F-15s
And i cry on Pakistan for purchasing equipmeny like Zulus despite a chance of repeated 1990s saga
I mean russian and turkish option are as good and way less sanction prone

And hence why one shouldn't invest in f16s.even though it was way cheaper option as compared to mirage2000. This was true back in 1980s. Now PAF is stuck with f16s so i wont blame them for working on it
From what i am seeing in other branches of armed forces. I believe had there been no sanctions or clear offer from china we wouldn't have had jf 17

If certain pics and hints on the forum are to be believed, PAC has quietly acquired some level of expertise in making F-16 spares, thanks to ToT from Turkey. I remember seeing a pic of Yellow F-16 with Pakistani guys working on it, and a training seminar given by Turks. So I think we should be OK in the F-16 area.

And i cry on Pakistan for purchasing equipmeny like Zulus despite a chance of repeated 1990s saga

Again, I think PA was specifically after the millimetre wavelength terrain mapping radars. This was absolutely cutting edge technology not available anywhere else. These birds were trialled in Pakistan, PA proposed changes, and the changes were approved for both U.S. Marines and PA. It was at the time the most logical thing to do. Where it stopped making sense was when U.S. displayed cheap, lowball tactics of witholding 50 m dollars in payments. At that time, we should have taken the first step ourselves to cut relations and penalize U.S. by tightening the screws on the supply routes.

ALL are sanction prone.
Pakistan needs to build its own helicopters.

1. You live, earn, & pay taxes in USA. The untempered severity of your opinions needs to be moderated by your reality - but it is not. Most posters at PDF are those who live, earn, & pay taxes in Pakistan. They should be, and are more concerned than you. What does it matter to you that PAF does its job or not? Why should anyone care for your unbalanced outbursts?

2. Nobody worships PAF. Get your mind straightened out. You imagination is playing tricks. Maybe you should concentrate more on being a productive member of your society than to obsess about your lop-sided opinions.

3. Payments for F-16s were made by GoP, not PAF. Lay blame with GoP, not PAF. If you can not 'get' it, then it is pointless to talk to you. The fact that you continue to harp about these things proves that you have really lost it. You have no perspective. You are not reliable in what you talk about. You deliberately mix stuff to create a BS narrative.

4. Love or hatred for USA is not based on one issue. It is your unbalanced mind that creates that perception for you. This is totally analogous to your harping about Pakistan not buying M2K or Rafales. It never occurs to you that it would be beyond Idiotic for any regime, democratic or dictatorial, to opt for 2 high-end systems while Pakistan's HDIs are in the gutter. Your mind is poisoned due to your own agenda. You are not a reliable poster in anything you say relating to PAF, or Pakistan in general. You keep uttering falsehoods to satisfy your ego.

The only reason why I do tangle with your insufferable personality, despite senior posters advising me to not do so, is because you are affecting new Pakistani posters with your mind-set. Cynicism is a disease. You are distributing it indiscriminately.

Thanks for the advice, bro. But while you and other posters have put Mastan on your ignore list, his idiocies go unchallenged and younger posters are getting affected. Someone has to call his BS out in public.
I applaud your effort in this futile exercise. As they say in Punjabi "Aina da kaa chitta e rehna aye"

Thanks for posting this. I had a bet with Dr. Bashir at ITU that Chinese engines would be ready for mass scale deployment within a year. This would go some way in convincing him.
Thank you for your posts. I think it is only inevitable that the Chinese engine technology matures with the amount of money and R&D they have poured into it. PAF on the other hand has decided at the moment to steer away from the Chinese Ws13 series and stay the course with the RD series. I remain unsure on those grounds of what the level of maturity of the Chinese engines is. Perhaps the forays made are in particular engines only and the technology has not trickled down into other projects. Or perhaps the mass priduction cycles are still not reliable. This is understandable as these things take time.
The next juncture in JFT history is the block 3. Do we change tack or stay the course? From PAF and Pak perspective that would be the litmus test of our faith in Chinese engines. Or perhaps the next purchase that we make.
A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom