What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Sir, I am concerned about things like radar frequencies, radar and heat signatures, etc. Every encounter leaks this information, and provides the smart enemy a lot of data to fine tune their weapons and tactics.
Dear,F-16's system is widely known...even simulations like FALCON BMS perform what a real f16 does(almost each and every thing) so F16s DASH-1(hope u know what it is) is not some big secret.
Moreover,IAF holds exercises with USAF f16s as well as those of IDAF so again system ...!!!
and INDIA is not a SMART ENEMY.

Last edited:
My theory: it doesn't provide much of an edge over what we currently have.

Yea i assume that was the case with the J-10A circa 2009-2012.

But what about the J-10C which may possibly be comparable to the F-16E that UAE has.

Is the problem, permission to buy the Al-31s?

Obviously, its ideal to pick up more used late model F-16s, and I am sure the PAF is betting on going that route.

HOWEVER, its likely the US is going to become increasingly antagonistic towards Pakistan in the future. And approval of the transfer of F-16s may not be possible.

Rather than be caught with their pants down, perhaps prepare for that scenario and start introducing the J-10C now.

But what about the J-10C which may possibly be comparable to the F-16E that UAE has.

Obviously, its ideal to pick up more used late model F-16s, and I am sure the PAF is betting on going that route.

HOWEVER, its likely the US is going to become increasingly antagonistic towards Pakistan in the future. And approval of the transfer of F-16s may not be possible.

Rather than be caught with their pants down, perhaps prepare for that scenario and start introducing the J-10C now.
Cover J10c gap with JFT as far as it can and use main funds on 5th gen.

cuz they are R********S...and USA only tries to get any country it wants,never been successful e.g afghanistan etc

u urself said in HUGE NUMBERS and now u are saying numbers dont matter..kindly stick to one point.

If u have used this abusive word for our easterly neighbour, consider this as warning.

Abusive language will not be tolerated.

Are most of the F-7P phased out at this point?

I'm assuming the F-7PG are here to stay for a good while.

Next up for replacement are the remaining F-7P...

Perhaps the JF-17B will take over in No.18 squadron?

Then comes the Mirages due for replacement....

If u have used this abusive word for our easterly neighbour, consider this as warning.

Abusive language will not be tolerated.
apologies.

Are most of the F-7P phased out at this point?

I'm assuming the F-7PG are here to stay for a good while.

Next up for replacement are the remaining F-7P...

Perhaps the JF-17B will take over in No.18 squadron?

Then comes the Mirages due for replacement....
Ticks for all ur thoughts...only two F7P sqns remain no. 18 and CCS DASHINGS

Hi,

The enemy just wanted to check out the response time---the numberof respondents---and the type of aircraft.
They already know that to an extent, it was more of a "I double dare ya"... whilst actually sweating under the collar.

And u had call about this from IAF HQ???...no offense but i think u have some personal grudge with PAF cuz u are always trying to prove them stupid.

Hi,

Just because you know a couple of fighter jocks does not mean the operating procedure of the enemy has changed---or the tactics of war have changed---.

It is a thousands of years old technique---make an incursion to see enemy's strength or weakness---.

As for personal grudge---as a pakistani I say that Paf heirarchy are traitors of pakistan.

Hi,

The enemy just wqnted to check out the response time---the numberof respondents---and the type of aircraft.

What we did recently is more worrying for you

One Entire squadron took off in Quick succession ; one plane after another
but in different directions ; from different air bases at the same time

And your several air bases ; and Air defences started buzzing which was picked up by
SIGINT and ELINT planes

Sir, I am concerned about things like radar frequencies, radar and heat signatures, etc. Every encounter leaks this information, and provides the smart enemy a lot of data to fine tune their weapons and tactics.

Enemy already know F-16 Blk 52 radar frequencies and heat signatures because of this

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article2564.html

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f-16...ngapore-india-joint-military-exercise.412595/

https://www.offiziere.ch/?p=23103

This is exactly what happens when delusional politicians, stoked from their newly inked multi-billion dollar deal of French aircraft, consider themselves already invincible and order surgical strikes. The poor democracy loving airmen and soldiers have no option but to comply but putting on a sham.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Yup... notwithstanding the reality that those politicians also built India's foreign relations with the US, UK, Russia, Japan, KSA, UAE and now even Turkey, whilst also spearheading efforts to maintain India's image in the world stage as a plural society and democracy. Can't be capable all the time and in all places, but overall, they've done a good job.

Yup... notwithstanding the reality that those politicians also built India's foreign relations with the US, UK, Russia, Japan, KSA, UAE and now even Turkey, whilst also spearheading efforts to maintain India's image in the world stage as a plural society and democracy. Can't be capable all the time and in all places, but overall, they've done a good job.

I am in agreement here. We need to get our act together on foreign affairs in general, centralize its planning, and institutionalize its execution. But in the past few years, this has been a failure of the civilian government. It is wrong to blame any arm of the tri-services.

I agree with @Hodor. Also, let's wait to see the final specs for Block 3 before comparing with J-10C

Dear,F-16's system is widely known...even simulations like FALCON BMS perform what a real f16 does(almost each and every thing) so F16s DASH-1(hope u know what it is) is not some big secret.
Moreover,IAF holds exercises with USAF f16s as well as those of IDAF so again system ...!!!
and INDIA is not a SMART ENEMY.

Sir, NEVER underestimate the enemy.

I am in agreement here. We need to get our act together on foreign affairs in general, centralize its planning, and institutionalize its execution. But in the past few years, this has been a failure of the civilian government. It is wrong to blame any arm of the tri-services.

I agree with @Hodor. Also, let's wait to see the final specs for Block 3 before comparing with J-10C

Sir, NEVER underestimate the enemy.
Saying that the PAF does its diplomacy work isn't casting blame on the PAF, but making an observation (albeit of a process that shouldn't happen). The PAF is working though the same open door as Hussain Haqqani (in that neither are elected representatives), so it's a door that needs to be shut

Saying that the PAF does its diplomacy work isn't casting blame on the PAF, but making an observation (albeit of a process that shouldn't happen). The PAF is working though the same open door as Hussain Haqqani (in that neither are elected representatives), so it's a door that needs to be shut

Yes, I see your point. If any XYZ can represent us and our interests however they choose, without consultation with the rest of power centres in the country, that is a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom