What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

4499083.jpeg

Just a nice picture

I am in agreement here. We need to get our act together on foreign affairs in general, centralize its planning, and institutionalize its execution. But in the past few years, this has been a failure of the civilian government. It is wrong to blame any arm of the tri-services.

I agree with @Hodor. Also, let's wait to see the final specs for Block 3 before comparing with J-10C

Sir, NEVER underestimate the enemy.
I am not.

viper.JPG

Also the former defence minister was doing good work. With r&d and local development and sales to friendly nations. But now we cant be sure if the same policies will continue.
Saying that the PAF does its diplomacy work isn't casting blame on the PAF, but making an observation (albeit of a process that shouldn't happen). The PAF is working though the same open door as Hussain Haqqani (in that neither are elected representatives), so it's a door that needs to be shut

Yes, I see your point. If any XYZ can represent us and our interests however they choose, without consultation with the rest of power centres in the country, that is a recipe for disaster.

Also the former defence minister was doing good work. With r&d and local development and sales to friendly nations. But now we cant be sure if the same policies will continue.

Well, former Defence Minister is now Foreign Minister. He look like an educated, reasonable person. Hopefully he will handle the job well. And hopefully his successor in Defence Ministry will be as capable as him.

See thats the problem.
Say bush wants to destroy Iraq and say his term is over. The incoming president will continue his policies or devise a better policy.
In pakistan however, when the man changes policy changes as well.
Well, former Defence Minister is now Foreign Minister. He look like an educated, reasonable person. Hopefully he will handle the job well. And hopefully his successor in Defence Ministry will be as capable as him.

I don't know about Khawaja Asif (former DM/current FM), but the one spearheading a lot of the work in the past few years was the Minister of Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain. I believe he is still in that post.

Back
Top Bottom